RinoTheBouncer

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RinoTheBouncer

One of the things that really bother me about Madonna and her management is their disrespect towards Madonna’s legacy. So much of Madonna’s past work is abandoned. There’s no cohesive effort to constantly emphasize on her as an artist and her name, and that is probably one of the reasons why she might be less popular now than she used to be and not as often mentioned as Michael Jackson for example, because for an artist that has literally created the blueprint for touring, theatrical music video

dylanlioncourt

No lies were spilled. Treating her catalog and hard work with the respect it deserves doesn't mean she's over and a legacy act. It's because most of her videos look like rips from the Immaculate Collection VHS and Video Collection: 93-99. It's about promoting and exposing your work to new generations and fans that will not track down those rare singles or even bother trying to collect them. Streaming seems to be the future so why would you be against Madonna having her remixes, remix albums, EP'

Raio_05

I'm sorry but sometimes I feel like I'm living in a different reality than some of her fans.  Everywhere I go, every time I watch something, every time I meet someone, Madonna is there. Just yesterday I counted 5 Madonna references in shows I've watched in the past week alone. My non-fan friends send me things they see of her all the time, like a t-shirt at a store or whatever.  The woman had a #1 album in several countries just 18 months ago, followed by a sold-out tour of very expens

l don't see Madonna letting the biopic change how her legacy is mistreated, its her legacy so the biopic is more likely to reinforce exactly how she has so far treated it.

Hope l am wrong but keeping low expectations about the substance of a like a prayer anniversary candle and pillow. Actually having Madonna take on the role she has l have big doubts is will end up getting made, it needs independence to tell the story of Madonna and her real legacy from multiple perspectives with het just consulting on facts

I would be happy with a decent retrospective box set and book like Dolly Parton just released where she just talks about the songs, from writing to their legacy. Its hard to believe Madonna has no release since 2009 which was not done well

51 minutes ago, nodoman said:

i’m not too sure about that.

her public image has become a bit tainted during the last years which raises the question of general interest for such a biopic, but we’ll see, i guess.

if it's promoted right, it'll at the very least HELP

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I still think an autobiography followed by a film adaptation directed by someone else would have been the better option. Hopefully critics won't be too harsh on her with this film but it's unlikely that it's going to be as well received as other recent and upcoming biopics because of how involved she is. 

9 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I still think an autobiography followed by a film adaptation directed by someone else would have been the better option. Hopefully critics won't be too harsh on her with this film but it's unlikely that it's going to be as well received as other recent and upcoming biopics because of how involved she is. 

keep dreaming! they probably have their hit-article templates trashing it written already  :cryin:

and "fans" here writing crap about it on this forum too

On 1/25/2021 at 5:11 AM, Nobody Knows Me said:

This. I would love a super detailed autobiography that goes over everything until present day. Then let an incredible director do the film. She can produce, record a great new song to snatch that Oscar, and oversee a new remix album or something.

That book would make so much money. She could go on a tour and read from it in between songs or not sing at all. And we'd all go.

End rant.

On 1/25/2021 at 5:11 AM, Nobody Knows Me said:

This, yes. I can’t believe how she can’t see the fact that any movie with her name attached to it is going to get trashed before it’s even seen by critics or any trailers shown.

The idea of her writing a biopic and directing it herself seems to be destining it for failure..

6 hours ago, Kae-Leah Williamson said:

I think directing it herself comes off as self-indulgent to the general public. A good biography should be honest and "warts and all", as opposed to trying to sell a certain calculated narrative. 

It depends. The angle can also be "the real story - told by Madonna". Also, judging by the post-its on the wall the other day on M's Instagram, it's gonna be very revealing and "Juicy". Media usually likes that.

I don't know. It's gonna be a gamble, that's for sure, and it needs to be REALLY GOOD to work and be accepted. But she has it all to make it work: a great and respected co-writer, good music and stories and a big studio behind. It's not gonna be "A Certain Sacrifice", you know. This is big.

The thing people should keep in mind is that the Queen movie was filled with errors and Queen fans found it hard to enjoy as a result. So whatever Madonna movie they make whether made by her or someone else we will probably face the same reality.

What matters is putting her back in favour with the general public and bringing her to a new young audience. If they can achieve that then it will be mission accomplished. I think the actual content has all the makings of a really great project. It’s just a question of whether she can pull it off. She may have failed to be taken seriously as an actress but she has not failed as a director. Maybe W.E. wasn’t a huge success but it was not a mess either.

Knowing what a stunt queen she is I can actually imagine this film having a whole raft of utterly shocking revelations about other celebrities, the industry and some shocking behaviour of her own. Mom will want headlines for this so prepare for another Truth Or Dare shocking moments ride. This won’t be some nicey nicey “neat” life story. The crowning moments that usually appear in these biopics will likely be served as side points to a wider narrative. 
The thing nah as we’ll be titled

”Diary Of A Stunt Queen”

28 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Knowing what a stunt queen she is I can actually imagine this film having a whole raft of utterly shocking revelations about other celebrities, the industry and some shocking behaviour of her own. Mom will want headlines for this so prepare for another Truth Or Dare shocking moments ride. This won’t be some nicey nicey “neat” life story. The crowning moments that usually appear in these biopics will likely be served as side points to a wider narrative. 
The thing nah as we’ll be titled

”Diary Of A Stunt Queen”

I seriously doubt that

Guest Nobody Knows Me
31 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Knowing what a stunt queen she is I can actually imagine this film having a whole raft of utterly shocking revelations about other celebrities

I can't see that to be honest. If she did that then she'd just be a total hypocrite telling other people's stories, which she is so against when it's done to her.

17 hours ago, Kae-Leah Williamson said:

I think directing it herself comes off as self-indulgent to the general public. A good biography should be honest and "warts and all", as opposed to trying to sell a certain calculated narrative. 

Every biopic sells "a certain calculated narrative", regardless of who's involved, and they rarely present an honest portrayal of their subject. "Rocketman", as entertaining as it may be, is basically a disneyfied version of Elton John's life. Same goes for "Bohemian Rhapsody" and Freddy. "Get On Up" shies away from James Brown's darker side too (I guess showing scenes of teenage Tammi Terrell being beaten and raped by Brown might've proven too much for the general public...).

Madonna's story and narrative surrounding her have been hijacked by the press and misogyny from the very beginning, selling the general public a very skewed and narrow-minded version of who she is and what she represents. I don't doubt there will be artistic licenses taken while making her movie, and that there will probably be half-truths, etc. Still, I'd rather see her make up her own story and create her own narrative, however flawed, then have somebody else speak for her and misrepresent who she is for a hundredth time. 

I love that Madonna doesn't want to look back or recreate her old albums (although she did some stuff on MDNA, while RH was very retrospective) and wants to keep delivering something new, it was absolutely necessary for her to focus on her discography during the 2010s.

- Her videos should have been in HD a long time ago.

- All her songs and remixes should have been available on all streaming services.

- Her team should have made sure that she was doing great with her iconic song on YT and Spotify.

- Remastered reissues of her albums with additional material (outtakes, demos) should have been released.

This was important to do in the 2010s. It would have brought attention to her work. It would have sold. It could have helped Madonna's popularity and legacy overall.

Instead of that, we got nothing. Madonna performing Everybody a bit on MDNA tour to celebrate its anniversary, was that something? No. It was cute, but come on! If other legendary acts and artists got a great treatment of their catalogue, why should Madonna be an exception? She and Warner need to get their shit together. It is obvious that they can't agree who will get more money. It is hilarious to see that even some less popular artists (it doesn't matter if they are great or bad) do reissues with bonus material and even have nice views of their hits on YT. Yes, you can say they need to do it because of money, but a legacy is a legacy. Should Madonna throw her catalogue into trash  because she is rich?

Not only Madonna's catalogue was neglected, but Madonna didn't make it easy either with her behavior. Instead of being cool, like she used to do, she tried too hard. She was messy or bitchy, which didn't sit well with general public.

The biopic thing could be a mess of epic proportions, if it turns out to be bad, knowing that Madonna is the director. We know that Madonna likes to focus on new material on her tours and include some hits, but her approach to the biopic mustn't be that way at all. If she decides to do something different from Bohemian Rhapsody and Rocketman, we are screwed. It should tell Madonna's story and celebrate her career, so she should let it be that way. It should be accessible and fun. It should be basic in some way.

I know there are many fantastic things in Madonna's life and career, but the biopic can't show all of that. It should focus on certain period of her life and contain the most iconic hits. That's the key.

If Madonna tries to do something different than the mentioned biopics and squeeze Candy Shop into it, then "Bye , Felicia."

2 hours ago, Justice said:

If Madonna tries to do something different than the mentioned biopics and squeeze Candy Shop into it, then "Bye , Felicia."

Lol! Imagine if she does any recreations of the Drowned World, S&S and MDNA tours and the only performances representing those shows are either the Human Nature performances or the Candy Shop performances.

Edited by Husam Elzien (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Husam Elzien said:

Lol! Imagine if she does any recreations of the Drowned World, S&S and MDNA tours and the only performances representing those shows are either the Human Nature performances or the Candy Shop performances.

The question is, how far is she gonna go into her career with this movie? All of it? Until her rise to popularity in LAV? until Blond Ambition and ending with the Express Yourself performance? 

1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

The question is, how far is she gonna go into her career with this movie? All of it? Until her rise to popularity in LAV? until Blond Ambition and ending with the Express Yourself performance? 

I think 1963 (the year her mother died) up to 1990 can be done in two hours. Maybe up to 1999 depending, to chronicle Madonna's early beginnings to her rise in notoriety to her first peak of superstardom in 1990 to her slight decline in the 90s to her triumphant "comeback" with Evita, ROL and the Grammys and then have a little blurb at the end explaining what happened next and re-iterating her high position in pop culture.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
7 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I'd love either. I don't want this film to go beyond 1990 personally. I think The Virgin Tour or the Blond Ambition Tour would be a good ending to show her reaching superstardom, and that way they can focus on the parts of her life that the general public would probably be more interested in. 

On 1/27/2021 at 9:58 PM, Husam Elzien said:

I think 1963 (the year her mother died) up to 1990 can be done in two hours. Maybe up to 1999 depending, to chronicle Madonna's early beginnings to her rise in notoriety to her first peak of superstardom in 1990 to her slight decline in the 90s to her triumphant "comeback" with Evita, ROL and the Grammys and then have a little blurb at the end explaining what happened next and re-iterating her high position in pop culture.

I love this! Though I’d still want her to include her legacy till the present since the media and the public tend to focus on her 80s + ROL and Music while forgetting everything else.

7 hours ago, godx said:

Even if it doesn't ressurect her career and reputation like we hope it will, it's still an infinately better option than a posthumous biopic imo. 

Very few people really understand Madonna - even a large portion of her own fans have no idea what she stands for.

The 'big budget biopic' will be linked to her career forever and it would SUCK if it was done 20 years from now (post death) by a team she never met, who probably weren't even alive in her prime. She's been vague about most juicy parts of her life so there's assumption, bias and misinformation in that script before it's even written.

There will definitely be big headlines and scandals. Her Michael Jackson romance story (which is almost certain to be in the film) will cause a huge stir. Tupac too. She said in her 2016 WOTY speech how she wished she had a female peer during the Erotica witch-hunt, so she may even include anecdotes relating to that (such as Janet slut-shaming her).

Obviously it doesn't end in 1990 since Erotica and Evita have been confirmed - but wouldn't that be so pointless? 1990 is literally where her career gets interesting, where she starts creating solid skipless albums, becomes a real touring force, sexual liberation work, legitimate reinvention, fighting ageism... everything before 1990 is the fluffy intro to "Madonna" as we know her.

I do agree with you. 

I think instead of a movie, this needs to be a 5-6 part docu-series or mini film on Netflix. That way you can really get into the 1) pre-Madonna, 2) the first album tornado into LAV/MTV VMAs/Virgin Tour, 3) True Blue/Papa Don't Preach controversy/Sean Penn and WTG/WTG Tour/Sandra/Letterman/Bloodhounds, 4) LAP/Pepsi/Dick Tracy/Warren/Breathless/Vogue,  5) Blond Ambition/Immaculate/Ward/Justify, 6) A League Of Their Own/Playground/Erotica/Body Of Evidence/Girlie Show 7) Bedtime Stories/Tupac/Rodman/Something To Remember/Carlos, 7) Evita/Lourdes/Golden Globes/Oscars, 8) Ray Of Light ... 

I mean, I'm at episode 8 --- and I could keep going .. but that would be too many, so I'd have to edit down, but there's a LOT to cover in 2-hours ..