Madonna's Sexual Identity

Guest DeeperDeeper

Guest DeeperDeeper
12 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

These are some gross, disgusting generalizations.

Every group has their fair share of assholes, but to paint the whole lot that way...not cool. I'm sure if someone did the same with bisexual men y'all wouldn't like it so much...

Ask most bisexual/pansexual men and women, straight men, lesbians, trans men etc... and you'll find they're a common occurrence. 

Edited by DeeperDeeper (see edit history)

Guest DeeperDeeper
28 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I would describe her as a sexual heterosexual fag hag.

I think the honourable title would be queer. 

She's never been an ally, more like an accomplice and explored her own sexuality along the way. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
Just now, VogueMusic said:

Then y'all got a lot of work to do on checking your own homophobia.

Yeah. I said it.

I'm bisexual, so not homophobic.

It's more about #TimesUp for gay men and they're misogyny and disrespect of others, in particular other men. 

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It's more about #TimesUp for gay men and they're misogyny and disrespect of others, in particular other men. 

I think they issue roots with gay men forced to evolve on a patriarchal structure.

In history relationship between men were linked to mentoring like in greece erastes and eromenos.

Women were always treated as inferior or 'unfinished men' and camaraderie between men was always understood if man were real man. Still valid today in the militar service or prisons, were homosexuality is not seen as weakness but a man needing to bust a nut, and the other men supporting it.

Then it comes the other side where the bugger, the faggot, the weaker men is demonized and the idea of an inferior man is connected to being affeminate or being like a woman.

Queer men grew up on a society fighting to find their own place and understanding but only if they submit to this terms.

And here we are today. Gay men asking masc4masc, stigmatizing camp, being delicate. The idea of top or bottom as description of personality. Women being link to fish. And so many other traits that are clear echo of that patriarchal misoginistic upbringing.

It's something that any man whatever sexuality or preferences they choose, should fight and try to avoid to stregthten up.

20 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Non-hetero/Queer people can all have elements of homophobia ingrained in their consciousness. Clearly you've never heard of 'internalized homophobia'. Or understand that it's a far more nuanced, layered, cultural and institutional system than just 'hatred/fear of gay people', that actually affects ALL of us. Queers included.

No one is saying gay men are perfect by any means...but most, if not all, of the same issues we may have also go for bi, queer, and other orientations. None of us are immune to that.

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

What misogyny?  Gay men are WAY more accepting.of powerful women than straight men and even other women

If gay men are so misogynistic than why are all the murders rapes, kidnappings and beatings of women done by.... straight men?

Hell, statistics show that women are more likely to assault a gay man (which is rare) than a gay man is to assault a woman (which is rarer)

1 minute ago, Mp1992 said:

What misogyny?  Gay men are WAY more accepting.of powerful women than straight men and even other women?

If gay men are so misogynistic than why are all the murders rapes, kidnappings and beatings of women done by.... straight men?

Hell, statistics show that women are more likely to assault a gay man (which is rare) than a gay man is to assault a woman (which is rarer)

Misogyny goes beyond rape and assault. Why do you go for the extreme? No one said gay men are the most misogynistic, but there's some misogyny from gay men for sure. :smke:

3 minutes ago, Fighter said:

Misogyny goes beyond rape and assault. Why do you go for the extreme? No one said gay men are the most misogynistic, but there's some misogyny from gay men for sure. :smke:

Yes there are, I agree, but there's way more women who are anti gay, especially gay/bisexual male, way more

As a bi guy who dates women primiraily, everytime I've gotten into an argument with a girlfriend it's always "you're a faggot anyway because you like guys too"

Women get very weird, emotional, scared at male bisexuality, I think it really pisses them off

15 minutes ago, Mp1992 said:

What misogyny?  Gay men are WAY more accepting.of powerful women than straight men and even other women

Men are taught to be strong and independent. Women are taught to be docile and obedient.

For women sex is about procreation, for men sex is about leisure and progenity.

Rape and sexual abuse is a tool of power. The rapist: dominant in force controlling they one that think is weaker.

That's why men are on the high numbers on this department. Because of the way society is constructed.

Guest DeeperDeeper
2 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Men are taught to be strong and independent. Women are taught to be docile and obedient.

For women sex is about procreation, for men sex is about leisure and progenity.

Rape and sexual abuse is a tool of power. The rapist: dominant in force controlling they one that think is weaker.

That's why men are on the high numbers on this department. Because of the way society is constructed.

Women sexually assault, rape and sexually harass probably far more than is reported. Yet society tends to brush it off because women don't have the same power balance as men. 

There again, the way feminism has created broad definition of what is sexual assault and harassment, most things which humans do to bond with each other are deemed inappropriate these days, even if they are done between consensually. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
10 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

You do realize a great deal of women have evolved past this mentality. 

Not as many as you think. Sex for procreation or to gain access to social status and economic benefit is still the name of the game for many straight women. Sex for bonding and pleasure seldom comes into consideration for them.

That was one of the most shocking things about Madonna SEX - a woman having sexual fantasies and having sex for recreation and bonding in every way she consented and wanted. Not solely for procreation. 

Edited by DeeperDeeper (see edit history)

Guest DeeperDeeper

One thing I find being bisexual and I can see through Madonna's exploration of bisexuality is how it can be an equaliser between men and women. 

Also bisexual since people have a unique optic on life, due to their sexuality they are able to love beyond gender and show more emotional resonance with all types of people. 

Theees no doubt there’s a large problem of misogyny in the gay male community, but I don’t think it’s even conscious a lot of the time... so it needs pointing out. 

Even the way some of us talk about how M should be doing this should be doing that at times almost embodies a sense of ownership. We love you but only when you do what we want. 
Just ask Charli XCX and her douche bag fans. 
but the lines go both ways. I’ve been sexually harassed  more times than I can count in a gay club by straight women. 
Drunk thinking it’s ok to grab my dick or my ass. Talking to and about me like I’m a piece of meat. Asking me all sorts of questions about my sex life. 
It literally happened this weekend at a house party with women who’ve been around gay men all their life. It was ... weird. 
There’s problems on all sides ... and while we fight amongst ourselves those straight men keep winning.

...but still we should all do better. 

56 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Not as many as you think. Sex for procreation or to gain access to social status and economic benefit is still the name of the game for many straight women. Sex for bonding and pleasure seldom comes into consideration for them.

That was one of the most shocking things about Madonna SEX - a woman having sexual fantasies and having sex for recreation and bonding in every way she consented and wanted. Not solely for procreation. 

But I don't think this is because of women choices as much as being forced into a world that goes by the rules.

And it's something on the last 20 years is changing rapidily and with lots of confrontation from the Cis Hetero man side.

Guest DeeperDeeper
4 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

But I don't think this is because of women choices as much as being forced into a world that goes by the rules.

And it's something on the last 20 years is changing rapidily and with lots of confrontation from the Cis Hetero man side.

I think Spain is different to Australia in regards to womens sexuality. Down under here guys are happy when a woman is up for it and procreation and being a good wife isn't even thought about. It's more about how the couple connect with each other.