Only urban music at M private events... discussion

Redha DBL

4 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

always playing the same kind of music and dancing to it and M is there just like she has no choice about the music and try to act like she having fun too. 

:ahh:

OMG I'm sorry, but I just can't picture Madonna in such a stupid scenario where she feels like a victim because of the music playing at her own party.

These threads about NOTHING man, lol, a hot mess.... but then again, people LOVE to start pointless threads about her hair color, her butt, her cheeks...... now I guess we're starting threads so we can guess how sad or how happy M is at her own parties. LOLLLLLLL.

I think people may have reached saturation point with trap. Just like we reached saturation point with EDM and Emo / Rock in the 00’s, pure pop sounds in the late 90’s, Britpop, Rave, Disco.

Current RNB though... woooh ... on fire, and the cross pollination of those two genres production wise with this nod towards a warmer more groove driven melodic disco is really bringing the heat. 

Trends have a shelf life. I often think when a new trend comes along a really great song or album breaks it at the beginning of the trend. The next few years we get loads of shitty carbon copies and remakes and then towards the end of the trend the genre gets its shit together as it’s had time to evolve and you get some utterly brilliant genre defining stuff just before the downward trend happens and a new taste maker takes its place. 

Interesting thread. You never know with Madonna, but,  since she’s on vacation in Jamaica, she’s probably Just listening to whatever is being played. I would imagine a lot of it is what’s popular on radio and island type music as well. And yeah, it’s always possible she might get inspired somehow. I think she always has a natural sense and is on alert for something interesting and new to do. 

Interesting article about defining all black music as 'urban':

https://www.theguardian.com/music/shortcuts/2018/aug/14/urban-time-stop-hacknecyed-term-black-music

"Urban” is rooted in US sociologist Elijah Anderson’s notion of the “iconic ghetto”, where the image of the streets, the hood or the endz dominates how we understand black communities. “Urban” stands in for black and comes with all the same stereotypes. This erases the diversity of the black experience and of the music. Black music may now be performed in the city, but its roots lie in reggae from the hills of Jamaica, blues from the deep south and drumbeats from African villages."

14 hours ago, godx said:

It's ironic how progressive, inclusive and tolerant Madonna is (or at least intends to be) while so many of her fans are covertly or overtly racist. Why is it always a big headline when Madonna works with black creatives, is inspired by black musicians, or listens to music by black people?

THIS.

Reminds me of the posting of that picture of Starrah on her insta during the Madame X sessions, and the response from some of the fanbase... shameful. UTTERLY shameful.

On 8/18/2020 at 8:29 PM, godx said:

It's ironic how progressive, inclusive and tolerant Madonna is (or at least intends to be) while so many of her fans are covertly or overtly racist. Why is it always a big headline when Madonna works with black creatives, is inspired by black musicians, or listens to music by black people?

We've seen jazz, soul, trap, rap, reggae and dancehall in her IG posts recently. Firstly - that does not equate to 'urban'... the word you're thinking of is BLACK. And there is so much variety in that list, despite it being black. So what exactly is it you're complaining about?

I can't think of a single post where she has listened to pop/dance. It's an insult to Madonna to imply that she didn't pick the music herself.

And this is the racism coming out - where you say everyone is more or less from the same culture. You forget that Diplo, Lola, Madonna herself and various other white people are getting their life to the music being played. Not everyone is anti-black and that seems to be what you're complaining about. No true Madonna fan is racist... do better.

Oh you better drag them to hell and back. I couldn't have said it better myself. 

This thread and topic is absolutely ridiculous. 

My goodness people are so over the top nowadays... relax i have just said they always listen to the same kind of boring rap music... it's like i have insulted i don't know who and i am the worst racist on earth and i don't what else crazyness... i really miss the pre social medias era where you could discuss with people without being immediately labelled as racist or bullyer or sexual abuser... i have insulted no one for god sake ! Literally i have just said they are always listening the the same kind of boring rap (implying there is much better rap out there imo) nothing more ! Good lord everything is taking so much crazy proportions nowadays.... i will not even post on that topic anymore, this is becoming surreal... close the topic, keep on insulting me of racist (if people knew who i am and my history they will lnow how ridiculous it is, but i don't even feel the need to justify myself...), delete the thread, do what you want, really i will not even go on, it is useless. Sometimes it's more intelligent to just not answer anymore...

23 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

My goodness people are so over the top nowadays... relax i have just said they always listen to the same kind of boring rap music... it's like i have insulted i don't know who and i am the worst racist on earth and i don't what else crazyness... i really miss the pre social medias era where you could discuss with people without being immediately labelled as racist or bullyer or sexual abuser... i have insulted no one for god sake ! Literally i have just said they are always listening the the same kind of boring rap (implying there is much better rap out there imo) nothing more ! Good lord everything is taking so much crazy proportions nowadays.... i will not even post on that topic anymore, this is becoming surreal... close the topic, keep on insulting me of racist (if people knew who i am and my history they will lnow how ridiculous it is, but i don't even feel the need to justify myself...), delete the thread, do what you want, really i will not even go on, it is useless. Sometimes it's more intelligent to just not answer anymore...

I don’t think you are racist. I think it was a good post to discuss and think about....especially being she listens to a lot of rap and all kinds of music we may or may not like. ...and you never know what might inspire her. Anyway, thanks for starting this post. And Hang in there. Xxx

On 8/20/2020 at 12:44 AM, TonyMontana said:

I don’t think everyone has the same definition of Urban Music. I have always listened to Urban stuff, I am urban. 
I agree that she seems to have been influenced by the same style of trap and rap for a while now though, which I personally don’t like either.  Taste. If it’s her cup of tea, she can knock herself out with it if she wants to. Not sure though that what we see and hear in her posts always represents everything she likes or does, there’s also lots happening off camera.

I am curious to see if and who will impact her musical style with future productions. I’m ready for something else than trap/rap. (And not into squaredance-type Country either.)