Only urban music at M private events... discussion

Redha DBL

Just a feeling i get and i'd like to see if some other people feel the same, not a  big deal but the more i see private videos of M, the more i always see the same people around her (so her children, her dancers, Ahla malik her boyfriend...) always playing the same kind of music and dancing to it and M is there just like she has no choice about the music and try to act like she having fun too. For example that new video of her birthday that i'm posting here, and there are tons for at least one year, this is her birthday, and we know M has always been versatile when it comes to music, making and dancing to dance, pop, techno, rock, rnb, hip hop... but all you hear on all.the videos are those mid tempo and repetitive (and boring as hell imo) trap and rap tracks. Everyone (kids dancer boyfriend) is having a blast as obviously love it and they kinda come from more or less the same culture, but hey, this is her birthday, the woman is the queen of pop and lots of genre, she is 62, wouldn't it be too much to ask to play also other kinds of music ? No way i'm saying M doesn't like the music they play, but please don't tell me she love ONLY this trap and rap music all the time. It' like everyone is having fun on the dancefloor and M smiles and dance cause all the people she love are having a party with her but come one guys, the music is always the same and boring... it feels really reductive. Does this guy Ahla Malik only listen to trap and rap ? I really fear her next album or singles if this is what she is always surrounded with musically. No wonder she thinks tracks like "Champagne rosé" are the hottest thing on earth... and M just played her new track with Dua alone in her bedroom while making a little video for her instagram, almost in secret... Couldn't they blast it at the party, celebrate it all together and make a video ? No, always those boring trap and rap tracks...

33 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I hear you guys but only this music and all the time ? I mean when you go to a birthday party, don't tell me they only play 1 kind of music, only rap ??? In the past we would see M dancing on every kind of music...

A post in IG is about 3% of Madonna's daylife. It does'nt mean that's the only thing she's listening to.

Also if that's the case that's her personal taste too. Madonna was always into soul, funk, R&B. From Detroit to Jackson, Prince...

I would be more surprise is she was playing Ariana Grande tbh

16 minutes ago, Fighter said:

Anyway Im confused cos some of the music in the video is not trap at all....

Well it's not pop or dance or rock or whatever... it's always or rap or trap. Call it as you want, urban. Boring urban lol because there is good urban music and that's not it.

15 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Well it's not pop or dance or rock or whatever... it's always or rap or trap. Call it as you want, urban. Boring urban lol because there is good urban music and that's not it.

that's jamaican music in the beginning. Nothing to do with rap or trap :stare:

31 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

A post in IG is about 3% of Madonna's daylife. It does'nt mean that's the only thing she's listening to.

Also if that's the case that's her personal taste too. Madonna was always into soul, funk, R&B. From Detroit to Jackson, Prince...

I would be more surprise is she was playing Ariana Grande tbh

Oh wait a minute ! Here you are talking about amazing music :funk, rnb, soul, Jackson, Prince ! I'm 100% into it myself (funk is my fav music ever) but in the case of Madonna lately this is not that kind of music at all ! Damn if she was playing the Jacksons or Funk i would be in heaven ! What they are always playing is that same mid tempo trap/rap music with repetituve beat and same tone lyrics... Hell nothing to do with Prince or Jackson ! And you're talking about 3% of what we see but the thing is that everytime she has a party for about two years we always hear that same kind of music... we never ever hear something else. 

17 minutes ago, Fighter said:

that's jamaican music in the beginning. Nothing to do with rap or trap :stare:

I'm not talking about the musicians who obviously were having a gig in her honor ! She's in Jamaica so of course some jamaican musicians will play some reggae music for her... Just like some morrocan musicians played some morrocan music for her last year when she was in Morroco...I'm talking about the music they play ! 

Just now, TonyMontana said:

I'm not talking about the musicians who obviously were having a gig in her honor ! She's in Jamaica so of course some jamaican musicians will play some reggae music for her... I'm talking about the music they play ! 

oh Ok but she likes that kind of music to begin with lol and trap music is what they play on the dancefloor these days so

9 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Oh wait a minute ! Here you are talking about amazing music :funk, rnb, soul, Jackson, Prince ! I'm 100% into it myself (funk is my fav music ever) but in the case of Madonna lately this is not that kind of music at all ! Damn if she was playing the Jacksons or Funk i would be in heaven ! What they are always playing is that same mid tempo trap/rap music with repetituve beat and same tone lyrics... Hell nothing to do with Prince or Jackson ! And you're talking about 3% of what we see but the thing is that everytime she has a party for about two years we always hear that same kind of music... we never ever hear something else. 

I was referring to black roots music..Rap/Trap are part of black culture.

Still I am surprised of the scrutiny to give to someone elses mood. I'm sure you have phases you are listening to something or a style in repeat.

I have a friend that loves mostly an style of music and it's similars and that's the only thing he likes to play/listen to. His choice.

12 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I'm not talking about the musicians who obviously were having a gig in her honor ! She's in Jamaica so of course some jamaican musicians will play some reggae music for her... Just like some morrocan musicians played some morrocan music for her last year when she was in Morroco...I'm talking about the music they play ! 

Jamaica is not just reggae...Dub was born there, Rocksteady, Jazz, Ska..dancehall

So many music genres have repetitive elements, dance music for instance, edm in general there's SO MUCH crap in those genres. Yet no one turns their nose up towards those clean and classy genres like they do with rap and trap. There's something so off about it... not at you personally, but I see this A LOT in this fandom. It's like she couldn't POSSIBLY like that kind of music... the monocles hitting the floor ... the outrage... lmao

We should just be grateful she didn’t play B-day Song. :poo: She isn’t being forced to listen to anything nor is her Levitating remix a guilty pleasure of hers lol. 

She always listened to rap. In the 90's she was heavily into Cypress Hill & Public Enemy (i think there's a video of her training to Public enemy for A League Of Their Own). Before being famous she was hanging out at the Roxy and Negril where Hip Hop was born. She wanted Run DMC to open for her for the Virgin tour (but got Beastie Boys instead because Simmons & Rubin asked a lot of money for DMC and the Beasties were cheap). In France she had I AM open for her for Blond Ambition in Paris (it was horrible). Madonna has always been heavily into rap & Hip Hop, it's not like they are forcing her to listen to it or that she's discovering it (she was listening to it before most of the people surrounding her were born).

And like Blue Jean said it's perfectly normal to listen to dancehall in Jamaica.