Your Top TEN Madonna Dance Songs, Does Levitating Make The Cut?

Voguerista

My top ten (in no particular order)

Express Yourself (Remix Edit)

Open Your Heart (Remix Edit)

Where's The Party (Remix) (maybe my most played track to dance)

Fever (Edit Two)

Deeper And Deeper

Frozen (Calderone Club Mix)

Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Mix)

Hung Up

Ray of Light

Celebration

special mention to Vogue, Jump, Girl Gone Wild, Burning Up, Gambler and many more...

PS: I forgot to answer the question about "Levitating". The remix featuring Madonna and Missy is far, far away to make the cut even for the top 40 (so many amazing remixes between 1986 to 2009 like Secret, Bedtime Story, Bye Bye Baby, Keep it Together, 4 Minutes, Give It 2 Me, etc, etc, etc....)

And I need to say this: In the old times, a Remix was made to enhance an original song, sometimes sounding similar to the album version, sometimes making a totally new instrumental for the song but keeping the original structure of the song (like Express Yourself, Nothing Really Matters, Frozen Fever, etc, etc, etc). In this days a Remix is usually a repetitive electronic noise with a phrase from the original song...

Express Yourself

Nothing Really Matters (Club 69)

Frozen (Calderone Club Mix)

Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Mark!s Full on Vocal Mix)

Where's the Party (YCD Mix)

Deeper and Deeper 

Bedtime Story (Junior's Wet Dream Mix)

Keep It Together

Rescue Me (Titanic Vocal Mix)

Secret (Junior's Luscious Club Mix)

No Levitating... it doesn't even come close to most Madonna mixes... however, its not really a Madonna song anyway... its Dua.

10 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

And I need to say this: In the old times, a Remix was made to enhance an original song, sometimes sounding similar to the album version, sometimes making a totally new instrumental for the song but keeping the original structure of the song (like Express Yourself, Nothing Really Matters, Frozen Fever, etc, etc, etc). In this days a Remix is usually a repetitive electronic noise with a phrase from the original song...

I think you should go and check the 'Power of Goodbye' 12" Slater remixes. :)

Mix, Remix, Edits are different and change with the person behind it. There are amazing songs that become huge because someone torn it apart and made a whole mix and others than don't work at all.

Do you remember Nightcrawlers "Push the feeling on"?

That's the original, but the hit was the Dub of doom version with the catchy repetitive line going on and on.

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

Mix, Remix, Edits are different and change with the person behind it. There are amazing songs that become huge because someone torn it apart and made a whole mix and others than don't work at all.

I know, I know. I don't have any problem to say that I'm a Madonna's fan thanks to her remixes. I never ever buy full albums (except for Madonna). I only buy singles and maxi-singles because I want edits, remixes and dubs.

But in the last decade I've rarely found good remixes (in my opinion) and now I prefer the album versions.

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I know, I know. I don't have any problem to say that I'm a Madonna's fan thanks to her remixes. I never ever buy full albums (except for Madonna). I only buy singles and maxi-singles because I want edits, remixes and dubs.

But in the last decade I rarely find good remixes (in my opinion) and I prefer the album versions.

it's hard to find good mixes on the last years because of technology on my opinion. You have work like Shep who added and create new instruments to a mix.

I think now because the amount of software to create music without knowing music it all sound up a bit of the same.

It's people building beats and loops and adding acappellas.

Let's see mine are

1. "Like a Prayer" (12" Dance Mix)
  2. "Vogue" (Immaculate Collection / Q Sound Mix)
  3. "Hung Up" (SDP Extended Vocal Mix)
  4. "Everybody"
  5. "I Don't Search I Find" (Honey Dijon Club Mix)
  6. "Sorry"
  7. "Deeper And Deeper" (David's Club Mix)
  8. "Fever (Edit One Mix)
  9. "Burning Up" (12" Version)
  10. "Music"

• 1 month later...

"Does Levitating make the cut?" Hell no. If anything, I feel like Madge owes me for wasting my time with that awful song. I want 4 minutes of my life back.

Her 10 best dance songs are obviously: Into The Groove, Vogue, Deeper and Deeper, Ray of Light, Music, Impressive Instant, Nobody Knows Me, Hung Up, Get Together, and Living For Love.

Levitating - would not not even register as a consideration for one of her top 10 dance songs - it's not even her song she just does a cameo 

10 of the best but could change  - Into The Groove, Music, Vogue, Rescue Me, Get Together, Holiday, Ray of Light, Hung Up, Everybody, Deeper and Deeper

There's so many more and when you consider her best remixes tracks like Secret, Bedtime Story, Drowned World, Frozen, Fever, Human Nature, Nothing Really Matters, Love Profusion, Hollywood, Nothing Fails, What if Feels Like For A Girl, Die Another Day, Justify My Love, Jump, Sorry, Miles Away, 4 Minutes come into consideration too plus remixes of the ones already chosen Ray of Light, Music, Hung Up and Deeper and Deeper.

On 8/19/2020 at 12:19 PM, EgoRod said:

I think you should go and check the 'Power of Goodbye' 12" Slater remixes. :)

Do you remember Nightcrawlers "Push the feeling on"?

That's the original, but the hit was the Dub of doom version with the catchy repetitive line going on and on.

The original release had a dub on the B-Side of the 12''.
The reason I remember it so well was there was a brief moment when this 'Dub of Doom' was a DJ must have.
I re-sold several 12'' 'coz DJ's were gagging for that track and the import was not available.
So any 'dub' would do.
Extended Mix should mean that a song is just longer but yeah, they are all meaningless terms now.
It was Dub Can't Turn Around that made number one and that has a vocal on it....:confused:

1 hour ago, professormouse said:

The original release had a dub on the B-Side of the 12''.
The reason I remember it so well was there was a brief moment when this 'Dub of Doom' was a DJ must have.
I re-sold several 12'' 'coz DJ's were gagging for that track and the import was not available.
So any 'dub' would do.
Extended Mix should mean that a song is just longer but yeah, they are all meaningless terms now.
It was Dub Can't Turn Around that made number one and that has a vocal on it....:confused:

Yeah that was Mark Kinchen mix (MK) it's the same than Dub of Doom, originally they named it Night dub or something like that and because it was more popular the B-side than the Main mix, they re-released it renaming the Dub of doom for the US singles. But it's the same track. He did new edits and mixes later on.