In your opinion which producer made the best songs/albums in Madonnas discgoraphy?

BlackPanther86

So as an open discussion. I like Orbit stuff but was'nt 90% of it Orbit's own music that they decide to put Madonna vocal on it? I think that Orbit always gave her lots of credit for work he already had.

Shep Pettibone I think worked with Madonna organically, you can tell how they brought the best of both worlds to everything they did.

Then Mirwais and Price that I adore too, but I think on this case they had a stronger direction and personal style and Madonna let them to do their own magic with her influence.

Guest DeeperDeeper
1 minute ago, EgoRod said:

So as an open discussion. I like Orbit stuff but was'nt 90% of it Orbit's own music that they decide to put Madonna vocal on it? I think that Orbit always gave her lots of credit for work he already had.

He sent samples, she worked lyrically and then they both expanded the music and lyrics together. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
11 hours ago, Voguerista said:

William Orbit, Mirwais, and my fave...Stuart Price!!

I love you Voguerista, yet I just can't see how Stuart Price is so revered by some M fans? 

Stuart Price is very lucky M had a long Cool Britannia stretch, otherwise probably would have ended up  being known for is producing and mixing for the former members of the Spice Girls and other British pop acts. 

Edited by DeeperDeeper (see edit history)

Guest DeeperDeeper
Just now, Jet said:

And not forgetting Massive attack on I want you... I love that song.

Oh Yes. Totally that track with Massive Attack is legendary. 

18 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I love you Voguerista, yet I just can't see how Stuart Price is so revered by some M fans? 

Stuart Price is very lucky M had a long Cool Britannia stretch, otherwise he probably would have ended up producing and mixing for the former members of the Spice Girls and other British pop acts. 

Stuart Price had a career before. He was big commercially as Le Rythmes Digitales (and a famous commercial with a robot), In the whole electro scene of the 2000's he had lots of credit with Zoot Woman his band but also as a Remixer. Thin White Duke/ Jacques Lu cont work with Fischerspooner, Felix the Housecat, Frankmusik, Goldfrapp, Gwen Stefani, Mirwais and Missy Elliott were big.

Madonna was paying lots of attention to that sound (she was obssessed with Goldfrap's Supernature) and got him in.

I think Orbit got far more attention thanks to Madonna than Stuart.

Guest DeeperDeeper
7 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Stuart Price had a career before. He was big commercially as Le Rythmes Digitales (and a famous commercial with a robot), In the whole electro scene of the 2000's he had lots of credit with Zoot Woman his band but also as a Remixer. Thin White Duke/ Jacques Lu cont work with Fischerspooner, Felix the Housecat, Frankmusik, Goldfrapp, Gwen Stefani, Mirwais and Missy Elliott were big.

Madonna was paying lots of attention to that sound (she was obssessed with Goldfrap's Supernature) and got him in.

I think Orbit got far more attention thanks to Madonna than Stuart.

Here's an interview with Alison Goldfrapp who said  M nicked her sound and image. 

But their most vocal admirer is Madonna: the pop queen has even incorporated equestrian themed dancing into her live show. 

Despite meeting the woman herself at a showbiz party, Alison has mixed feelings.

‘I don’t like Madonna’s music, but she’s an amazing pop star,’ she says. ‘She’s brilliant at borrowing other people’s ideas. 

‘But I was starstruck when I met her. I couldn’t get out of my chair to shake her hand. She has lifted ideas from us, but that doesn’t bother me. 

It’s not worth getting annoyed about.’ Will sees things differently:

‘Using other people’s ideas is a great talent in its own right. David Bowie did the same. 

When we met Madonna, she grabbed my hand and told me: “Your album f***ing rocks!” I was on cloud nine. She was my favourite woman for days after that!’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1015826/Goldfrapp-gets-claws-Madonna.html

That's why I feel Price is a fraud in a way. Someone like Giorgio Moroder or Daft Punk would have given M a way more futuristic disco sound which would have been timeless. As well as challenging her. 

Just now, Ashley said:

I remember reading an interview with Alison Goldfrapp who said she was pissed off with how M nicked her sound and image. 

That's why I feel Price is a fraud in a way. Someone like Giorgio Moroder or Daft Punk would have given M a way more futuristic disco sound which would have been timeless. As well as challenging her. 

Yes she was'nt happy. But that was because Madonna said she wanted to do that.

I love Moroder and Daft punk but I don't think they would be able to bring energy and made it a Madonna album.

Stuart Price plays music, he reads and compose and plays guitar, bass , piano. He did as Shep did before and not only create a good cohesive album. But then was able to create new arragements to her classics for the tour, similar to the TIC mixes Pettibone did.

Guest DeeperDeeper
9 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Yes she was'nt happy. But that was because Madonna said she wanted to do that.

I love Moroder and Daft punk but I don't think they would be able to bring energy and made it a Madonna album.

Stuart Price plays music, he reads and compose and plays guitar, bass , piano. He did as Shep did before and not only create a good cohesive album. But then was able to create new arragements to her classics for the tour, similar to the TIC mixes Pettibone did.

I differ with Moroder and Daft Punk - put Madonna in a room with European masters and you'll end up with a masterpiece. 

These days I actually consider Madonna to be more of her French heritage than her Italian. 

*By European I mean continental European and not the UK. 

12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Here's an interview with Alison Goldfrapp who said  M nicked her sound and image. 

But their most vocal admirer is Madonna: the pop queen has even incorporated equestrian themed dancing into her live show. 

Despite meeting the woman herself at a showbiz party, Alison has mixed feelings.

‘I don’t like Madonna’s music, but she’s an amazing pop star,’ she says. ‘She’s brilliant at borrowing other people’s ideas. 

‘But I was starstruck when I met her. I couldn’t get out of my chair to shake her hand. She has lifted ideas from us, but that doesn’t bother me. 

It’s not worth getting annoyed about.’ Will sees things differently:

‘Using other people’s ideas is a great talent in its own right. David Bowie did the same. 

When we met Madonna, she grabbed my hand and told me: “Your album f***ing rocks!” I was on cloud nine. She was my favourite woman for days after that!’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1015826/Goldfrapp-gets-claws-Madonna.html

I met Alison before and she is really sweet but also highly paranoid and with social anxiety.

Just now, Ashley said:

I differ with Moroder and Daft Punk - put Madonna in a room with European masters and you'll end up with a masterpiece. 

These days I actually consider Madonna to be more of her French heritage than her Italian. 

well I wish that could be true but then "Déjà Vu" it's not as strong as an album. A bit to wishy washy.

I think Daft Punk wouldnt know what to do with Madonna .

Guest DeeperDeeper
Just now, EgoRod said:

well I wish that could be true but then "Déjà Vu" it's not as strong as an album. A bit to wishy washy.

I think Daft Punk wouldnt know what to do with Madonna .

Everyone keeps referring to "Déjà Vu" when talking about Moroder. Seriously Music and Hardy Candy can be considered wishy washy as well. 

Please he's produced some of the quintessential classic disco hits. 

Yet I do see what you mean about Daft Punk - there again if they were brought in with a producer like Nile Rodgers etc... It would work a charm. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
Just now, EgoRod said:

I said it before I would love to see Madonna working with Scandis.

Röyksopp would give her the smooth synth like Orbit with room for her voice to be heard, but also create punch raw beats to dance.

I agree there. I have to say that would really work. 

5 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Everyone keeps referring to "Déjà Vu" when talking about Moroder. Seriously Music and Hardy Candy can be considered wishy washy as well. 

Please he's produced some of the quintessential classic disco hits. 

Yet I do see what you mean about Daft Punk - there again if they were brought in with a producer like Nile Rodgers etc... It would work a charm. 

oh yeah I know that.

But if Moroder would do something now would be like 'Deja Vu'  that's the problem.

I'm down with Nile Rodgers/Daft Punk but I still can't see it :)