In your opinion which producer made the best songs/albums in Madonnas discgoraphy?

BlackPanther86

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

I'm down with Nile Rodgers/Daft Punk but I still can't see it

It’s cause that whole sound that they put out a few years ago has become pretty dated now. If this was 2007, they would have been a perfect fit for Hard Candy.

But it’s 2020 now, and I can’t see that sound making any waves right now.

Trends come and go. Remember when the Timbaland sound was all the rage between 2004-2008? It then had a resurgence in 2013 and only lasted for another year.

Disco and house has become really popular this year, And I’m sure in a few years it’ll start to fade in the background again.

Personally, I’d love for her to work with PSB.

I would love to see Madonna work with Sufjan Stevens and Pet Shop Boys. Sufjan's new single Video Game is a really cool synth dance track and fits well with PSB last album and single (I Don't Wanna) produced by Stuart Price. 

On another note, any of you hear Canada's Drag Race--Rita Baga's new single Something Spiritual? It sounds wickedly amazing!

The maths tell me it’s Pat Leonard. I think his songs with her have the most heart. 
and to be honest anyone who’s name is attached to True Blue, Like A Prayer & Ray of Light is God level to be honest. His work with her, writing or producing, gave her more iconic hits than any other producer she worked with. 

Mirwais did some great stuff too. 

Stuart is the ultimate tour arranger. He just gets it like a fan does but he only delivered one album and it was kind of one note and hadn’t aged as well as I thought it might. 

Orbits soundscape is beautiful beautiful beautiful but even by Music he was on the slide and he only really produces and doesn’t write from what I can see. 

Shep felt more like her spirit animal and the most of the moment. I love their little epoch together but in truth the only out and out classic he gave the masses was Vogue. I love Erotica, Rescue Me and Deeper & Deeper but Vogue is his only big hitter. 

Pats melodies and music feel timeless. There’s a grounded feel to his stuff that just resonates and vibrates on a level unlike any others before and since. 

He’s really very special. 

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

The maths tell me it’s Pat Leonard. I think his songs with her have the most heart. 
and to be honest anyone who’s name is attached to True Blue, Like A Prayer & Ray of Light is God level to be honest. His work with her, writing or producing, gave her more iconic hits than any other producer she worked with. 

Mirwais did some great stuff too. 

Stuart is the ultimate tour arranger. He just gets it like a fan does but he only delivered one album and it was kind of one note and hadn’t aged as well as I thought it might. 

Orbits soundscape is beautiful beautiful beautiful but even by Music he was on the slide and he only really produces and doesn’t write from what I can see. 

Shep felt more like her spirit animal and the most of the moment. I love their little epoch together but in truth the only out and out classic he gave the masses was Vogue. I love Erotica, Rescue Me and Deeper & Deeper but Vogue is his only big hitter. 

Pats melodies and music feel timeless. There’s a grounded feel to his stuff that just resonates and vibrates on a level unlike any others before and since. 

He’s really very special. 

Well said, its hard to separate Pat from the Madonna that l fell in love with, such solid and timeless musical ground. 100% agree other than l think confessions aged better than l thought it would.

I think I have to stand on Mirwais. I love his efforts in the three albums he was in charge. The songs always sound good. 

Stuart did phenomenal on the album he did and I can see where Dua May have wanted him and he delievered a pretty okay disco album for her too... but I don’t think he will ever return like Mirwais has time and time again.

I think Shep Pettibone is my favourite, but I can't name just one. Patrick Leonard did magic with Madonna too. William Orbit was beyond amazing in Ray of Light, and he did a nice job in Music and MDNA.  Mirwais did great thing with Madonna, he has a very futuristic sound. And finally Stuart Price, of course!

11 hours ago, deathproof said:

It’s cause that whole sound that they put out a few years ago has become pretty dated now. If this was 2007, they would have been a perfect fit for Hard Candy.

But it’s 2020 now, and I can’t see that sound making any waves right now.

Trends come and go. Remember when the Timbaland sound was all the rage between 2004-2008? It then had a resurgence in 2013 and only lasted for another year.

Disco and house has become really popular this year, And I’m sure in a few years it’ll start to fade in the background again.

Personally, I’d love for her to work with PSB.

Yeah I was thinking about PSB myself

15 hours ago, Ashley said:

I love you Voguerista, yet I just can't see how Stuart Price is so revered by some M fans? 

Stuart Price is very lucky M had a long Cool Britannia stretch, otherwise probably would have ended up  being known for is producing and mixing for the former members of the Spice Girls and other British pop acts. 

You really hate England and the Brits, don't you?

15 hours ago, Ashley said:

Price is a fraud

Jeez. Did he do anything to you?

Stuart Price is a brilliant producer and musician, he's proved it with M and Kylie. 

I used to listen a lot to Zoot Woman, his first band, too, and I loved Les Rythmes Digitales, so when M said she'd be working with him I thought it was smart and promising. And I wasn't disappointed.

16 hours ago, BlackPanther86 said:

I always find myself going back to her William Orbit period in the mid to late 90s. I'd also like to see her do a full-album with Brian Eno, like a ethereal, soundscape type album. I think Madonna has worked with Brian Eno before but i don't think they have done a full album together.

Eno ? I'd like to hear that.

1 hour ago, discohub said:

Jeez. Did he do anything to you?

Stuart Price is a brilliant producer and musician, he's proved it with M and Kylie. 

I used to listen a lot to Zoot Woman, his first band, too, and I loved Les Rythmes Digitales, so when M said she'd be working with him I thought it was smart and promising. And I wasn't disappointed.

Im a big fan of price's bands, DJ(ing) and remixes as well. 

Sometimes I just cant believe its been 20 years or almost - close to two decades we had the 'new electro' which was 

pure nostalgia - and now Im stuck in again pure nostalgia (of that very time period)

I feel happy and also kindasad I have lived the confessions era to its full length 

cause I got a feeling we wont get a 2nd run ...

or will we?

:)

Shep could very well be the best producer. Vogue, Rescue Me and the Erotica album are practically flawless.

However, Patrick Leonard (and to a lesser extent Stephen Bray) will always be remembered for producing the most amazing and iconic singles that turned Madonna into a superstar in the eighties. Leonard was also responsible for writing and co-producing a significant amount of tracks on the Ray of Light album.

William Orbit did outstanding work on Ray of Light. The album had a totally original sound, it had hardly any filler tracks and it once again established Madonna as the queen of reinvention. But listening to it in 2020 the album sounds a bit dated to me. Orbit's work on the Music album (however good it may be) and on MDNA just doesn't compare to Ray of Light. Beautiful Stranger, however, is a fierce delight and a forgotten gem.

The production by Mirwais on Music and American Life is just fabulous. Modern, icy, stylish, cool and avant-garde. Both albums could be my personal favourites. Future Lovers on COADF, which was also produced by Mirwais, sounds fantastic and is one of my favourite Madonna songs ever. Unfortunately, his production on Madame X, although a much better album than Rebel Heart and MDNA, sometimes missed the mark for me. A bit half-baked and not Mirwais enough for me, with the exception of Medellin (the best Madonna single post COADF) and Killers Who Are Partying.

Fan favourite producer Stuart Price worked on some of the best singles in Madonna's career, but COADF contains a lot of filler tracks. For me, Hung Up, Sorry, Get Together, Jump, Forbidden Love and Future Lovers (which was produced by Mirwais) are fabulous, while the rest are filler tracks. I think Stuart Price is one of the best remixers ever and he was an excellent tour director, but I don't think he is a great producer.

So when it comes to my personal top 3 producers I choose Patrick Leonard, Mirwais and Shep Pettibone.

13 hours ago, steady75 said:

This Used To Be My Playground was a US No. 1 hit and a worldwide Top 5 single!

3 hours ago, Fontainebleau said:

Shep could very well be the best producer. Vogue, Rescue Me and the Erotica album are practically flawless.

However, Patrick Leonard (and to a lesser extent Stephen Bray) will always be remembered for producing the most amazing and iconic singles that turned Madonna into a superstar in the eighties. Leonard was also responsible for writing and co-producing a significant amount of tracks on the Ray of Light album.

William Orbit did outstanding work on Ray of Light. The album had a totally original sound, it had hardly any filler tracks and it once again established Madonna as the queen of reinvention. But listening to it in 2020 the album sounds a bit dated to me. Orbit's work on the Music album (however good it may be) and on MDNA just doesn't compare to Ray of Light. Beautiful Stranger, however, is a fierce delight and a forgotten gem.

The production by Mirwais on Music and American Life is just fabulous. Modern, icy, stylish, cool and avant-garde. Both albums could be my personal favourites. Future Lovers on COADF, which was also produced by Mirwais, sounds fantastic and is one of my favourite Madonna songs ever. Unfortunately, his production on Madame X, although a much better album than Rebel Heart and MDNA, sometimes missed the mark for me. A bit half-baked and not Mirwais enough for me, with the exception of Medellin (the best Madonna single post COADF) and Killers Who Are Partying.

Fan favourite producer Stuart Price worked on some of the best singles in Madonna's career, but COADF contains a lot of filler tracks. For me, Hung Up, Sorry, Get Together, Jump, Forbidden Love and Future Lovers (which was produced by Mirwais) are fabulous, while the rest are filler tracks. I think Stuart Price is one of the best remixers ever and he was an excellent tour director, but I don't think he is a great producer.

So when it comes to my personal top 3 producers I choose Patrick Leonard, Mirwais and Shep Pettibone.

Price produced most of Kylie's Aphrodite album. Which is incredible too!