Sticky & Sweet Tour 12th anniversary! ?

Ayham

Let’s have a moment of appreciation to the highest grossing tour to date!!! Not to mention the energy M had during this tour! Unbelievable... get me one artist that can or did something similar??? ?

The above are my personal favorite performances from the tour! what’s yours? ☺️

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Vogue and Like a Prayer were my favourites from this tour. I also really loved Holiday, Dress You Up, and Frozen on the 2009 leg as well. 

I have to say this was the first M tour, as an adult, that I refused to buy tickets for. 

Reasons are pretty simple:

• This came after Confessions - expectations would obviously be high.  She didnt beat or even come near those expectations.
  • Her move from arena's to stadiums
  • The terrible setlist - I mean she literally rehashed the confessions La Isla but then destroyed it, rehashed Ray of Light, murdered Hung Up.
  • Her worst tour outfits to date.

I did end up scalping tickets night of the show in LA at dodger Stadium and made it to the 2nd row for much less than she wanted.  Truly her worst show.   MDNA was significantly improved, back to arenas but she hasnt created a solid concept in ages - She literally rehashed her Drowned World/Jamie King Tour concept 4 sections, political video, interlude - Confessions was the pinnacle of that concept.

Madame X was exciting because she did something different.

Anyway, I digress, back to appreciating this tour - I still have nightmares about THIS era lasting over 2 years.

I went to see it at Wembley, the place was half empty, the sound was horrible. I had to tell two girls next to me to stop singing because we could'nt hear Madonna. Most part of the audience left half way. People were fuming asking for the money back. We left before the last song because it was going into midnight. Chaos endured when everybody tried to take the last train home.

This day:

https://www.gigwise.com/news/46023/

They said the problem was that Oakenfield blasted a speaker. No true it was just shit idea.

I did'nt like the setlist much. and I despised the background videos.

That interlude of Rain/Here comes the rain again with graphics from some videogame circa 1996.

I was so mad at Madonna for a long while.

Rebel Heart tour brought me back.

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

I went to see it at Wembley, the place was half empty, the sound was horrible. I had to tell two girls next to me to stop singing because we could'nt hear Madonna. Most part of the audience left half way. People were fuming asking for the money back. We left before the last song because it was going into midnight. Chaos endured when everybody tried to take the last train home.

This day:

https://www.gigwise.com/news/46023/

They said the problem was that Oakenfield blasted a speaker. No true it was just shit idea.

I did'nt like the setlist much. and I despised the background videos.

That interlude of Rain/Here comes the rain again with graphics from some videogame circa 1996.

I was so mad at Madonna for a long while.

Rebel Heart tour brought me back.

I mean mistakes happen... it’s a live show... nothing can be predicted? 

5 hours ago, AModSquad said:

I have to say this was the first M tour, as an adult, that I refused to buy tickets for. 

Reasons are pretty simple:

• This came after Confessions - expectations would obviously be high.  She didnt beat or even come near those expectations.
  • Her move from arena's to stadiums
  • The terrible setlist - I mean she literally rehashed the confessions La Isla but then destroyed it, rehashed Ray of Light, murdered Hung Up.
  • Her worst tour outfits to date.

I did end up scalping tickets night of the show in LA at dodger Stadium and made it to the 2nd row for much less than she wanted.  Truly her worst show.   MDNA was significantly improved, back to arenas but she hasnt created a solid concept in ages - She literally rehashed her Drowned World/Jamie King Tour concept 4 sections, political video, interlude - Confessions was the pinnacle of that concept.

Madame X was exciting because she did something different.

Anyway, I digress, back to appreciating this tour - I still have nightmares about THIS era lasting over 2 years.

Sassy Beyonce GIF

I just wish the set list was different and that the re-inventions of the back catalogue were better. I think she missed Stuart Price's touch on the live arrangements as musical Director. Her energy was incredible on this tour, I think the Gypsy section was the best section.

Edited by MDNA22 (see edit history)

I can’t say that it was my favourite tour, or that I have watched/listened to it in the past 10 years.  I really really disliked the opening song. Blah blah. I think I enjoyed the album better than the tour. Voices, DWRY, Dance 2Night, GI2M. Really great songs. Actually the Oakenfold remix of GI2M gave me life back then.

I actually love this tour. It's a great example of her showmanship and formidability. It's not perfect, the setlist is pretty Hard Candy heavy (though should this matter when her tours are generally like this?). At the end of the day, it's a fun show. And it's breathtaking to watch her energy and go from song to song.

It's proof that a Madonna show doesn't need to be a dark exploration of over the top creative ideas.

She perfected the show with the 2009 leg. Adding in Holiday and Frozen really rounded out the show!

8 hours ago, EgoRod said:

I mean ...seriously? What's this has to do with anything?

It was a weird backdrop but I loved loved loved the oriental dancers dancing to it. So cool and one of my favorite moments of the tour. I remember being so mesmerized. I also loved the Miles Away performance. She got so emotional. Wonderful tour. LOVED it. I'd give an A- if I were to grade it.

I saw it while on holiday in Las Vegas at the MGM.  Pricey $375 a ticket for me and my friend.!!! I know she dosent like performing there, but the crowd was amazing, and she was super into it. By far my best experience after reinvention at a madonna gig. And ive been to every tour since girlie show.

9 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

I just wish the set list was different and that the re-inventions of the back catalogue were better. I think she missed Stuart Price's touch on the live arrangements as musical Director. Her energy was incredible on this tour, I think the Gypsy section was the best section.

YESSS! So much ENERGY! Just WOW! ?

2 hours ago, Voguerista said:

It was a weird backdrop but I loved loved loved the oriental dancers dancing to it. So cool and one of my favorite moments of the tour. I remember being so mesmerized. I also loved the Miles Away performance. She got so emotional. Wonderful tour. LOVED it. I'd give an A- if I were to grade it.

Yes so emotional! Sweet memories tho I did attend any of the shows but seeing the pics & videos on the net... was so excited! This tour is the highest grossing tour ever!!! This tour gave M a new world record! I remember the Human Nature with Britney from LA that was a highlight! ?

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

I actually love this tour. It's a great example of her showmanship and formidability. It's not perfect, the setlist is pretty Hard Candy heavy (though should this matter when her tours are generally like this?). At the end of the day, it's a fun show. And it's breathtaking to watch her energy and go from song to song.

It's proof that a Madonna show doesn't need to be a dark exploration of over the top creative ideas.

She perfected the show with the 2009 leg. Adding in Holiday and Frozen really rounded out the show!

I love the intro! ???