M working on new project...

Redha DBL

Guest Nobody Knows Me
56 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

we don't know that. and we don't know if that's the case what's the reason. And on that case it should be observed on that matter not on his relationship with Madonna.

You can argue with someone that his rationalization of the use on a drug on the current pandemic is not real based on facts.

You can't argue Madonna's next project is shit because is fucking someone that believes that.

I never did.

I seem to remember reading that he posted the theories on his Instagram story at the time. If that is true then I was just saying it would be a more valid reason to not warming to him. Many people were offended by Madonna’s post. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
3 hours ago, bedtimestory said:

I dont like Malik for Madonna, only because he gives me the impression that he doesent seem to be ''passionately'' in love with her!

In most of their pictures, Madonna is the one who HAS to hug him. He might be with her for $$ and exposure.

I don't think its ignorance fans are making this judgement from, it's gut instinct. 

Guest DeeperDeeper

It's also a fair call to say that M's relationships with younger men of colour are problematic due to the racial, economic and social power imbalance. 

7 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I never did.

I seem to remember reading that he posted the theories on his Instagram story at the time. If that is true then I was just saying it would be a more valid reason to not warming to him. Many people were offended by Madonna’s post. 

Oh yeah apologies. I was'nt implying you did.

I was in fact confirming your point of view.

6 hours ago, Ashley said:

It's also a fair call to say that M's relationships with younger men of colour are problematic due to the racial, economic and social power imbalance. 

Indeed, that could be a whole new conversation about the fetishitation of non white by western cultures. The idea of exotism and wilderness still a remain since the colonialism.

The problem I see with the 'gut instinct': It's proven that humans, we still  able to smell others and feel attracted or repulse by them, due to chemicals. That's how love at first sight, first impressions, etc works.

When you don't have someone in front of you and you just read partial elements, cognitive bias take over. And that's a less efective way to make right assumptions about anyone.  That's why rational facts should be taken into consideration.

Racial profiling, prejudice, gender discrimination and similar traits all root on this kind of 'emotional judgements' and the world is not in a better place for it.

Guest DeeperDeeper
1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

Indeed, that could be a whole new conversation about the fetishitation of non white by western cultures. The idea of exotism and wilderness still a remain since the colonialism.

The problem I see with the 'gut instinct': It's proven that humans, we still  able to smell others and feel attracted or repulse by them, due to chemicals. That's how love at first sight, first impressions, etc works.

When you don't have someone in front of you and you just read partial elements, cognitive bias take over. And that's a less efective way to make right assumptions about anyone.  That's why rational facts should be taken into consideration.

Racial profiling, prejudice, gender discrimination and similar traits all root on this kind of 'emotional judgements' and the world is not in a better place for it.

I disagree. Humans have intuition for which they can sense danger, without it we would be able to protect ourselves and others from danger and harm. This is also a strong ability which indigenous cultures have which white colonisers set to repress through enforcing their own religions and rational philosophies onto them - there are things in this world which transcend logic and rational thought at this time, yet are real phenomena. 

IMO you fear gut instincts, because there are humans and animals who do have a higher tune of extra sensory perception and intuition and you fear your mask being removed and your vulnerability to be seen. 

43 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I disagree. Humans have intuition for which they can sense danger, without it we would be able to protect ourselves and others from danger and harm. This is also a strong ability which indigenous cultures have which white colonisers set to repress through enforcing their own religions and rational philosophies onto them - there are things in this world which transcend logic and rational thought at this time, yet are real phenomena. 

IMO you fear gut instincts, because there are humans and animals who do have a higher tune of extra sensory perception and intuition and you fear your mask being removed and your vulnerability to be seen. 

The sense of fear, fight or flight, the thrill is indeed something we had since the origin of times. And it is a defense mechanism to survive. Your brain, builds/creates an image/shape of a threat on your head and that makes you snap. Anxiety for example is a response to that. Panic attacks. You fear something bad is happening. Your brain and body reacts to it. If you are in the dark and hear a sound, you are able to recreate all of the probable dangers that you encounter on said enviroment. If I dropped you in the jungle and I told you is infested with snakes. The smallest move or swish will make you'see' snakes and retreat on defence.

There's no magic or energy involved here, it's as you said a natural trait of survival that evolved to modern scenarios.

Then what you mentioned with the examples of colonisers. Those are paths of learning experiences. Basic rat lab behaviour experimentation. If you offer food to the rat and give them an electric shock, next time they won't attempt to get the food or they will develop a resistance to the electricity.

A clear example is what happen to Cook when he arrived to Hawaii the third time around and tried to kidnap their monarch to get back some some stolen stuff. They killed him on the spot. Because they knew of his intentions. Not gut feeling involved. He was welcome the first time around, screw them, they never trust him again.

You feel thrill and fear on a similar way that you feel attraction to someone. Via your enteric nervous system. So obviously you could think they are the same, but  the are triggered from different impulses.

You have to account as I said, your cognitive bias and how your enviroment, social experiences, family, status, location, privileges affects the way your perceived the world too. It does'nt make it right or wrong . It affects the lenses you are looking through. All of these 'own' ideas based on your life experiences always gonna create a sense of "self' and 'you know that you know because you know'. Nobody is free from it.

But i find it dangerous because you find people like Trump saying Mexicans are rapist and thiefs. And Putin calling gays abominations and freaks. All of these is part of their own beliefs and gut feelings about others. There's nothing factual about it.

Ok stay with me here: Genuine thought. 

for context....(because we have to on these matters), I am a BLM supporter and have been in two marches this year, am actively involved in the movement. Ok.

Could it be argued that there are tones of racism, (in a counter intuitive sense), to assume someone is racist based on their opinion of the actions of on someone who is a POC? 
Is that an unconscious bias in itself and does it help the cause? A black girlfriend of mine bought this up and while I’ve not quite wrapped my head around the full complexities of it yet, it did give me pause for thought. 

Her thought process was, “I’m allowed to be a bitch or a wrong un and be called out for it without it being a trait of being black, I don’t need ya’ll defending me because I have my own agency even if I’m not present, and ultimately you make the problem worse”

Interesting huh. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Ok stay with me here: Genuine thought. 

for context....(because we have to on these matters), I am a BLM supporter and have been in two marches this year, am actively involved in the movement. Ok.

Could it be argued that there are tones of racism, (in a counter intuitive sense), to assume someone is racist based on their opinion of the actions of on someone who is a POC? 
Is that an unconscious bias in itself and does it help the cause? A black girlfriend of mine bought this up and while I’ve not quite wrapped my head around the full complexities of it yet, it did give me pause for thought. 

Interesting huh. 

Prejudice and bias are similar traits. You can develop prejudice towards anyone based on your experiences, self judgment etc.. It doesn't interfere with racial profile. A black person can have prejudice agaisnt a white or another non white person.

Racism needs a a background of power. And a group  that has been submitted by other to abuse, discrimination, etc based on that idea that they are inferior to the superior group. It creates a different race. But that distinction is based on power, political, wealth whatever is the case.

If someone thinks that someone makes racist remarks and develops bias agaisnt them, it could be prejudice or simple bias.

Being racist means that you have prejudice towards others that you feel are inferior to you (and your race) But having prejudice agaisnt others doesnt make you racist. You need to have the drive of privilege and power that comes with it.

It's a tricky idea to grasp because how easy the terminology can be intertwined.

And regarding race and the social construction of it, there's an interesting experience that happened to Antonio Banderas recently:

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/09/803809670/why-labeling-antonio-banderas-a-person-of-color-triggers-such-a-backlash?t=1598435019458

When Banderas was addressed as Person of colour because of being Hispanic in the US. But he is Spanish, and Spanish are considered white (but there are obv non white Spanish, is not a race)

Interesting read.

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

The economic and social power imbalance will be prevalent with most people she chooses to date unless she strictly goes for white multi-millionaires and billionaires. So according to you the relationship is problematic in what sense, exactly? Problematic as in the fact that their unavoidable differences cause cultural clashes between them that in turn makes the relationship harder for them? Or problematic as in the fact that you believe the relationship is inherently  wrong to be had? I'm not saying that you're saying one or the other, i'm just genuinely interested in what you're getting at here.

33 minutes ago, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

The economic and social power imbalance will be prevalent with most people she chooses to date unless she strictly goes for white multi-millionaires and billionaires. So according to you the relationship is problematic in what sense, exactly? Problematic as in the fact that their unavoidable differences cause cultural clashes between them that in turn makes the relationship harder for them? Or problematic as in the fact that you believe the relationship is inherently  wrong to be had? I'm not saying that you're saying one or the other, i'm just genuinely interested in what you're getting at here.

exactly, I was about to say the same thing

unless she dates strictly billionaire white mem than there will always be that "imbalance"

Aa a biracial, bisexual male, I would let Madonna do anything she wanted to with me. Problematic my ass....

You can always spot the white, virtue signaling, ultra liberals on here...

I think she has found someone she truly loves and she wants to help push him. We saw of this with Richie when he mentioned her being too involved in his work. Al probably welcomes it or just likes it and I think that’s what M likes in a relationship. I think she likes that sort of relationship. Someone who challenges her but also that doesn’t mind her involvement. She seems happy and I only pray he’s not just taking advantage of her love and power. He could’ve dropped her with all the negative feedback from the tour and backlash for even being with her but he hasn’t. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
11 hours ago, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

It's problematic since it's clear as day M want's toy boys  and she's playing the  rich white mans game and there is historical precedent where white women who have high social status and economic privilege have used men of colour as their own sex toys and personal slaves. (http://www.inquiriesjournal.com/articles/1674/sexual-relations-between-elite-white-women-and-enslaved-men-in-the-antebellum-south-a-socio-historical-analysis#header3page1)

And yes hypergamy is a real thing, so these young guys are pretty much taking advantage of an opportunity presented to them. You don't have to find someone attractive to fuck them or love someone to be in a relationship with them. People have been doing that for centuries to socially and economically improve their lives - I don't have judgement on them, since I did the same thing with older men when I was young. I'm actually more critical of her, since she can easily destroy these young guys lives if she wanted to. 

M has issues with getting older and thinks younger lovers and buying into youth culture will save her from fate. If she didn't have an issue with age, she'd be chasing the millions of fucking handsome older Latin daddies around the globe, who would be far better for her. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
2 hours ago, Mp1992 said:

exactly, I was about to say the same thing

unless she dates strictly billionaire white mem than there will always be that "imbalance"

Aa a biracial, bisexual male, I would let Madonna do anything she wanted to with me. Problematic my ass....

You can always spot the white, virtue signaling, ultra liberals on here...

HAHAHAHAHA - that's funny. 

I'm not virtue signalling or ultra liberal. I'm bisexual as well and white progressives/ultra liberals absolutely detest me.  

Guest DeeperDeeper
18 minutes ago, gafuller said:

I think she has found someone she truly loves and she wants to help push him. We saw of this with Richie when he mentioned her being too involved in his work. 

They were using each other. 

9 hours ago, EgoRod said:

..M, it is you!

50 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It's problematic since it's clear as day M want's toy boys - and by dating young men of colour, she's playing the rich white mans game and there is historical precedent where white women who have high social status and economic privilege have used men of colour as their own sex toys and personal slaves. (http://www.inquiriesjournal.com/articles/1674/sexual-relations-between-elite-white-women-and-enslaved-men-in-the-antebellum-south-a-socio-historical-analysis#header3page1)

And yes hypergamy is a real thing, so these young guys are pretty much taking advantage of an opportunity presented to them. You don't have to find someone attractive to fuck them or love someone to be in a relationship with them. People have been doing that for centuries to socially and economically improve their lives - I don't have judgement on them, since I did the same thing with older men when I was young. I'm actually more critical of her, since she can easily destroy these young guys lives if she wanted to. 

M has issues with getting older and thinks younger lovers and buying into youth culture will save her from fate. If she didn't have an issue with age, she'd be chasing the millions of fucking handsome older Latin daddies around the globe, who would be far better for her. 

I see and understand every point you make but let's not forget this is still a relationship between two consenting adults. I think the fact that you keep using and referring to the term "slave" in connection to Madonna's and Ahlamalik's relationship is extremely problematic in itself. You're basically victimizing a black man as a means to help save him from what you perceive as an "injustice", meanwhile he's fully grown and (as far as we know) fully capable of thinking for himself. Your reasoning as to why M is into younger guys is also pure speculation on your part, but i'll give you a pass on that since we're all really just speculating and no one here knows her personally. 

All i get from your point in the end is basically that people should stay to their age, race and socioeconomic group when it comes to romantic relationships. Hard pass on that concept from me. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
On 8/27/2020 at 2:27 AM, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

I see and understand every point you make but let's not forget this is still a relationship between two consenting adults. I think the fact that you keep using and referring to the term "slave" in connection to Madonna's and Ahlamalik's relationship is extremely problematic in itself. You're basically victimizing a black man as a means to help save him from what you perceive as an "injustice", meanwhile he's fully grown and (as far as we know) fully capable of thinking for himself. Your reasoning as to why M is into younger guys is also pure speculation on your part, but i'll give you a pass on that since we're all really just speculating and no one here knows her personally. 

All i get from your point in the end is basically that people should stay to their age, race and socioeconomic group when it comes to romantic relationships. Hard pass on that concept from me. 

Not victimising, if you read my post I did imply that the younger men had their own agency and are consenting to this. That doesn't diminish the power imbalance she has over them. M complains about the behaviour and privilege of white straight men - she's a white straight woman (given she hasn't identified as anything else) doing the same thing and in probably most cases, more privilege, and she has been called out for white saviourism a few times.

And no, I'm not saying people should stay in their lanes. If I did, I'd be the biggest hypocrite.

Yet when people have preference for race and age, you can be sure that preference is based on a prejudice, fetishisation, exotification, objectification, hypergamy (to access privilege, economic benefits or social status) or hypogamy (to dominate). 

On 8/25/2020 at 9:48 AM, Jitterbug said:

Shoo-Weed-Doo

Weed Song

Till Drugs Do Us Part

Smoking Lesson

Pray For Red Eyes

Secret Garden

Weedtime Story

Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Marihuana)

Never Smoke From a Stranger

Hollyweed

Smoke Another Day