Madonna In the First Place of Billboard's Greatest Music Video Artists of All Time

gonna dress u up

Madonna's in the first place!, what do u think about it? i really don't know, madonna obviously needs to be at least in the top 10, but, i think MJ is better in that aspect. Anyway, congratulations Madge!.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/list/9440075/100-best-music-video-artists

Why She's a Video Icon: Ascending to era-defining supremacy shortly after MTV itself, Madonna's high-concept videos – which channeled old Hollywood while paving a provocative visual path into the future -- were an integral part of her ever-changing image and the meticulous control she exercised around it.

The MTV Classic: The satirical "Material Girl" and controversial "Like a Prayer" are equally impactful, but the David Fincher-directed "Vogue" – with its life-affirming alchemy of old-school glamour, ball culture choreography and sumptuous cinematography – stands as her finest visual moment.

Worth YouTubing: "Open Your Heart," with its playful subversion of the male gaze via an art deco peep show, is an early and effective distillation of her endlessly analyzed, celebrated, vilified and imitated take on sexuality and ownership. -- J. Lynch

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Completely deserved and I’m so happy to see her getting recognition.

Now can she thank them by remastering those videos :laughing:

Guest DeeperDeeper

Madonna and Michael Jackson were the artists who made music videos a legitimate art form. 

Also Madonna wrote the rule book for modern female pop stars. Her work between 1989 to 1993 really was the game changer. 

15 hours ago, gonna dress u up said:

Madonna's in the first place!, what do u think about it? i really don't know, madonna obviously needs to be at least in the top 10, but, i think MJ is better in that aspect. Anyway, congratulations Madge!.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/list/9440075/100-best-music-video-artists

I had always the impression that MJ always played safe, doing the same things, or moves. Madonna changed in every video, every era... she deserves the num 1. 

Well deserved that first place, although it is no secret to anyone that Michael made spectacular videos,  I think Madonna surpasses it, since she has always taken risks and has done things that go very against the current, we can mention American Life, Frozen, Dark Ballet, Nothing Really Matters, Like A Prayer, Erotica and many more.

20 hours ago, Ashley said:

Madonna and Michael Jackson were the artists who made music videos a legitimate art form. 

Also Madonna wrote the rule book for modern female pop stars. Her work between 1989 to 1993 really was the game changer. 

Yes You're right, I am happy that she is in the first place, any of the 2 deserved it!

18 hours ago, Ashley said:

People are also forgetting this video has been on display in MoMA, New York and the Museum of the Moving Image in London. 

https://www.culledculture.com/madonnas-art-curation-influence-on-mass-culture-via-the-music-video/

It’s part of MoMa’s collection, but it’s not on display

Guest DeeperDeeper
5 hours ago, deathproof said:

It’s part of MoMa’s collection, but it’s not on display

I used the present perfect tense of has been. Never said it was. 

It’s what she deserves and I’m glad she’s finally getting this recognition. She deserves nothing but No.1, especially in the visual and performance department.

Let’s face it, the woman did every role, every look, every idea, every aesthetic, every sound and every culture under the sun lol. Who even dared do what she did? The only ones who come close are Björk, Bowie, MJ, The Weeknd, Taylor Swift and Beyoncé.