What kind of Tour do you want next?

Voguerista

What kind of Tour do you want next?  

37 members voted

1. 1. What kind of Tour do you want next?

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Arena tour would be the most preferable for me. I think she should return to the 3-4 month format she had with Drowned World, Re-Invention and Confessions again, so it’s not as gruelling for her. 

I don’t really want theatres again and I don’t think she can fill stadiums anymore unless it were a greatest hits tour. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I wouldn’t mind another theatre tour if it felt like a very rare experience, where she performs songs that fans have requested for years such as her ballads and album tracks. 

idk really... at first i though the theatre thing was waaaay too weird for me but after seeing what she was able to pull it off (and i say this based of the videos that ive seen + the footage of her instagram and the preview of the madame x tour film) i think i'm down with whatever she decides to do!

I am a theatre person, I hated the long queues outside the venues, but I have to say the MXT experience didn't work as I hoped. Really close but too expensive and extremely cold. That's why I voted for arenas, but I'll go to places where you can buy a seat and then stand when the show begins. 

BIG venues all the way!!! Whoever thinks she can't fill them anymore is full of it! She is the most successful & highest grossing solo touring artist EVER! Period. That doesn't just go away so fast & easily. She has a HUGE back catalogue that would draw people no matter what if the setlists aren't full of nothing but fan favorites. If she starts doing a serious Greatest Hits Tour tho it wouldn't matter where she did it in a theatre or in an arena people would come. But the mass majority aren't going to come see a show based on one album that isn't really a success in the grand scheme of things. She could do multiple greatest hits tours over the next decade & revamp the setlists here & there & still manage to not cover half of her music. It just needs to be done right. Like the old tours. Shit do what Cher does & just stand in the middle of the stage the whole time while dancers & elephants & everything else in between do their thing around her. She doesn't have to jump rope, fly around on wires or do headstands and back bends anymore she's already done all that. Just sing the hits!!!! That's where the magic is! And do some new kick ass backdrop videos & more montage videos to focus on her legacy. That's my dream. Greatest Hits Tours all the way from here on out! Leave the promo tours & performing whole albums track by track for one-off MTV or Netflix specials. Tour around the world with hits! Just my opinion. Of course the fans will love whatever (at least I would anyway) & they would prefer theatre shows at the end of the day because that allows them to be closer to her which is evry fan's dream. But to draw the public masses - brings on the hits!!!!! And don't revamp them all. Perform original versions as much as possible!!! 

I really enjoyed the theater experience and wouldn't mind her doing just that form now on. As far as I'm concerned she can just do something like the Fado section and just sing songs on her guitar or not or piano or all of it, sitting down, no need for exhausting choreos, just her voice and songs we love, for 3 hrs :) - living room sessions for the fans. 

Just a great organic band and her focus on vocals...that would be my dream at least.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, DaddyZ said:

Just a great organic band and her focus on vocals...that would be my dream at least.

Yeah, that sounds very appealing. Her delivering Express Yourself with a full band like the album version would be a dream.

The Bigger the better!

Bigger venues also mean less physically demanding performances. She needs a Greatest Hits album with a smash hit, a spectacular video, and she can fill the biggest stadiums if she gives the audience all hits, disco, some ballads, vogueing, a little bit of Dita, colorful escapism and a great dance troupe that can do most of the choreography for her.

France's live star #1 Mylene Farmer, for example, can't dance very well, but her shows are epic because she passes on the hardest dance moves to her dance troupe and focuses on some effective basic moves - and first on singing. Madonna should finally do the same - first of all the audience comes for her hits and an amazing show - but not to see her ruin her body in complicated choreographies.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I would love to see her fill the big stadiums again, and I’m sure she can in some parts of the world still, but I just think in order to sell them all she would have to do things that she isn’t willing to do, and performing her hits is the big one. If she has returned to Warner and is working on a film about her life then maybe that will change though. 

The Theater experience for Madame X was incredible. Its the first tour that I attended three different nights at the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles. An intimate experience with an incredible icon like Madonna is worth its weight in pennies. 

But, the Arena or Stadium would increase the energy levels from the crowd, which fuels Madonna as a performer. 

The last night i saw Madonna at the Wiltern I sat 2nd row. I was drinking my whiskey mules all night so I felt great. I danced hard and cheered Madonna on all night. She looked over at me and smiled on several occasions. I know she feeds on that support.

20200903_112858.jpg

6 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

I really enjoyed the theater experience and wouldn't mind her doing just that form now on. As far as I'm concerned she can just do something like the Fado section and just sing songs on her guitar or not or piano or all of it, sitting down, no need for exhausting choreos, just her voice and songs we love, for 3 hrs :) - living room sessions for the fans. 

It would be my dream too!

But this requires live music and no more horrid backing tracks, otherwise it becomes a bad karaoke night.

Even though I thoroughly enjoyed the theater scale-down as it was a much more intimate, comfortable and even surprisingly cheaper concert experience for me, I must confess I want her back in arenas. In stadiums I think deep, conceptual shows like she makes get a bit lost, even though on some tours with less of a concept it worked (like Sticky & Sweet).

But I don't think we're gonna get a new tour until 2023/24.

I voted for Arena because I think that the theatre tour is just too expensive for fans, obtaining tickets was an insulting ordeal and the format is too demanding on Madonna. However to see her in that intimate setting so close and comfortable (if not a bit weary due to the late hour) was an experience i will never forget. However given the logistical issues we had during Madame X I feel an arena is safer, and lots more people will be able to attend and enjoy he show. Imagine if she includes some of her not often played but fantastic hits, ITG, CAC, RM, I would die.

Someone suggested a theatre tour with orchestra, yes I would love that as well.