The Biopic.. Which years should it cover?

GhostOrchid

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Raio_05

Personally, and if she's indeed doing some sort of biopic, I would prefer if she'd stick to the pre-Madonna/The First Album years (leading up to the album release in the end). I think it's way too soon to do a full-on biopic and this way her most unknown years would be shed a light on, because the rest the whole world already knows anyway. I want to see the egg movie thing, her relationship with Basquiat, the mysterious trip to Paris... etc.

Glindathegood

I thought that at first, but then it wouldn’t include a lot of her biggest most iconic hits such as Like a Prayer and Vogue. I think you want to show a younger audience why she is a legend and an icon and for that you have to include the height of her success. Otherwise people would think why are we watching a film about a struggling dancer and singer/songwriter.  I would say they should go up to the early 90’s, maybe with the release of the Immaculate Collection.  Or alternatively you could

steady75

The Erotica Years are pretty vital to her story. The way she was demonised as a woman. Much worse than anything from the 80’s. The film needs to shock a bit too. It’s also one of the periods we know least about what she was going through personally.  Letterman, Rodman, leaving America, Evita and Lola being born. I think anything after that may be dragging it out too far. Two decades is probably enough for the journey, with flashbacks to her youth rather than starting the story there. Open

20 hours ago, GhostOrchid said:

That's what I thought too, but now that I've seen Julia Garner that they supposedly cast l'm superexcited for it. I think she is the perfect pick and will do an awesome job!

I was thinking if they’d do a full career story, it would be an incredible twist if she casts 3 actresses to do it, like Moonlight movie. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me

I feel like it would make the most sense for it to cover 1978–1998, twenty years with the Queen of Pop. Starting with the post-disco New York City and ending with the birth of her daughter. I feel like that will capture everything the public would be interested in.

New York City 
Fame
Marriage
Like a Prayer + Blond Ambition
Erotica + SEX 
Evita
Ray of Light