Could you imagine Madonna and Mariah Carey as friends?

Team Madonna

If there was one celebrity friendship I would like to see it would be Mariah Carey and Madonna! They're both my favorite artists! It's a shame that they don't like each other though.....???

Who else wishes they were friends?

Edited by Team Madonna (see edit history)

It's funny... My ex-boyfriend loved Mariah Carey and hated Madonna. I loved Madonna and hated Mariah Carey and we were always fighting talking about music (we really have different tastes). We spent seven years (from "Ray of Light" to "American Life") arguing who was the best female singer. Oh, I miss those bittersweet times with my ex.

I mean, Madonna and Mariah friends? No, never.

It would never work because of clashing egos. At best they could be acquaintances and be cordial with each other in public, but I doubt they'd ever be true friends. Tbh I doubt that a lot of pop artists who appear to be friends with each other are genuinely friends in real life, so it's not just an issue of Madge and Mariah. 

17 hours ago, Team Madonna said:

If there was one celebrity friendship I would like to see it would be Mariah Carey and Madonna! They're both my favorite artists! It's a shame that they don't like each other though.....???

Who else wishes they were friends?

I would like it ! That would be cool ! I love Mariah, she has an incredible career and has recorded a lot of amazing rnb tracks and ballad. I even went to see her live in 2004. Honestly it was an amazing show, in the sense that she sang all of her well knows hits, it was a real amazing night. I think Mariah is really cool and funny, a lot of people do not realise that her "diva attitude" is just a game, a parody. Honestly everytime is see inyerviews of footage of Mariah she really serms to be one of the coolest and funny celeb female singer. She doesn't seem to take herself too seriously... She's really relaxed. 

Depends - they are celebrities of the highest caliber - they are ego driven and narcissistic.  I feel that Madonna is fully aware of this side of herself.  I dont know Mariah enough to determine if she is aware of this.

They are both fire signs.  They are both moms.  They are both icons.  They are NY'ers.  They are in similar tax brackets.  They love young brown boys.  They have a great deal in common and could BUT all depends on if they have evolved enough to be supportive of their similar needs or if it creates an unhealthy competition.

12 hours ago, AModSquad said:

.  They love young brown boys.  

I wouldn't compare her to Madonna when it comes to that. For the last ten years Mariah had one husband and one current boyfriend and they both are 40yo and she is 50. Just 10 years younger. Not exactly the same as Madonna with her 26 years younger boyfriend.

It's funny that in recent years Mariah and Janet have had positive things to say about Madonna. Mariah is actually hilarious. If Madonna did a duet with Janet it would probably go down as one of the biggest duets in history, especially music video wise. The only thing that would top it would be if she had dueted with Michael Jackson. Janet would probably be the only other artist who would really push the envelope in the same way Madonna loves to. Too bad they never met each other. Madonna's son was dancing to Rhythm Nation a few years ago on her Instagram. 

I really wish Madonna, if she is so keen on doing duets, she'd at least do them with people who are her contemporaries. 

5 hours ago, drivebitch said:

It's funny that in recent years Mariah and Janet have had positive things to say about Madonna. Mariah is actually hilarious. If Madonna did a duet with Janet it would probably go down as one of the biggest duets in history, especially music video wise. The only thing that would top it would be if she had dueted with Michael Jackson. Janet would probably be the only other artist who would really push the envelope in the same way Madonna loves to. Too bad they never met each other. Madonna's son was dancing to Rhythm Nation a few years ago on her Instagram. 

I really wish Madonna, if she is so keen on doing duets, she'd at least do them with people who are her contemporaries. 

Hmmm I thought Janet hates Madonna? She says that what she does "has class to it" 

1 hour ago, Team Madonna said:

Hmmm I thought Janet hates Madonna? She says that what she does "has class to it" 

She said that in 1993. It's been 27 years  :laughing:

But in the 2009 VMAs Liz Rosenberg said Madonna wanted to see Janet backstage but Janet left as soon as she finished her Michael tribute performance - understandable.

And Madonna and Mariah... they don't seem to have anything in common, to be honest!