Would LFL Have Been A Hit If...?

eXtremeOccident

It had better vocals and much better mastering? I'm listening to it now -- I feel like the ideas were there for a smash, but the final version sounds so much like a demo that it just will never do it for me as a single, let alone the first single.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, eXtremeOccident said:

It had better vocals and much better mastering? I'm listening to it now -- I feel like the ideas were there for a smash, but the final version sounds so much like a demo that it just will never do it for me as a single, let alone the first single.

Thoughts?

No. It wasn’t a strong lead single. The chorus is limp.

Bitch I’m Madonna should have been the first single.

Yes I think it needed more work but had the makings of something stronger with better mastering and how the vocals sounded and better production too. The Demo sounded better. Rebel Heart sounded a mess sonically and think the leaks meant we ended up with versions on the album that were worse than the demos

I'm still in search for a final version to add to my playlists, but it's hard, same with Give Me All Your Luvin', American Life and Masterpiece. The Offer Nissim drama version is partly great, but the song gets nowhere because the refrain is doomed.

Avicii's production of Rebel Heart would've a much better first single (if it had been completed) because it is the radio friendliest and most carefree song she recorded then. I still believe that some evil comments after the leaks had influenced her so much, that the leaked versions of Rebel Heart and WAOM would sound more like Avicii feat. Madonna, that she dismissed his production. I think that was her biggest failure back then: Two potential hit singles were degraded to contourless album fillers. (Edited)

43 minutes ago, Levon said:

I'm still in search for a final version to add to my playlists, but it's hard, same with Give Me All Your Luvin', American Life and Masterpiece. The Offer Nissim drama version is partly great, but the song gets nowhere because the refrain is doomed.

Avicii's production of Rebel Heart would've a much better first single (if it had been completed) because it is the radio friendliest and most carefree song she recorded then. I still believe that some evil comments after the leaks had influenced her so much, that the leaked versions of Rebel Heart and WAOM would sound more like Avicii feat. Madonna, that she dismissed his production. I think that was her biggest failure back then: Two potential hit singles were degraded to contourless album fillers. (Edited)

I dont think she has a problem with being second. Even in medellin maluma maked 70% of the song id say

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Bitch I’m Madonna would have been a stronger lead single, in my opinion. It was the most successful of the Rebel Heart singles and it would have started the era with a bang, and the BRITs fall wouldn’t have happened! 

1 hour ago, Levon said:

This.

The songs & versions of the songs that had actual single potential were not included in the album. Any of the following list, had they been finished, would have been better singles choices than LFL

• Rebel Heart (Avicii Version)
  • Inside Out (Demo Version)
  • Never Let You Go
  • Queen

I'd even say that I'd be ok with LFL not included in the album. Perhaps as a bonus track. As mentioned the vocals are not good and the production is subpar. It's just not a standout track.

11 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

Bitch I'm Madonna is a terrible song,   may appeal to the American market but would have flopped like mad in the UK.   I agree the Rebel Avcii Heart would have done really well such a missed opportunity.

BIM is a shock single, good for controversy but not radio friendly. 

The demo was waaay better! and more soulful. I remember living for love actually got played on the radio, but very briefly.

Again, her team NEEDS to spend more $$ making sure these songs see the light of day and are well promoted, other artists seems to have great promo and airplay, don't see why she wont do it, to ensure proper exposure for all her hard work.

I agree  - Bitch I'm Madonna would have been awful as a first single in the UK it would have no chance of being a hit.  I think her best chances would have been with Rebel Heart or Wash All Over Me in their Avicci demo versions but do think with better production Living for love could have been