Would LFL Have Been A Hit If...?

eXtremeOccident

3 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Bitch I’m Madonna would have been a stronger lead single, in my opinion. It was the most successful of the Rebel Heart singles and it would have started the era with a bang, and the BRITs fall wouldn’t have happened! 

LFL was actually more successful as a single than BIM. LFL, though not really a big hit at all, charted into the top 20 in so many countries. BIM's only success was the music video which only really made it because of the various cameos... in sales and streams, the song didn't fare all that well in comparison to LFL and Ghosttown. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

LFL was actually more successful as a single than BIM. LFL, though not really a big hit at all, charted into the top 20 in so many countries. BIM's only success was the music video which only really made it because of the various cameos... in sales and streams, the song didn't fare all that well in comparison to LFL and Ghosttown. 

Well it was a third single, so a lot of people had already tuned out of the era by then. Also, a lot of the sales for LFL are sadly due to the fall. I do think Bitch I’m Madonna would have performed better as the lead single if she’d promoted it as well, but I could be wrong. 

I caught wind of Living for Love by her Grammy performance and I was captivated ever since. Is it the best produced? No. Is everything that’s on the radio best produced? Absolutely not. We are worrying about vocals and production while we got a song on the radio about being a monkey with a shrill voice artist (I forget what it’s called but I can hear it in my head). Stupid Love is doing phenomenally despite being rather irritating to listen to but it’s an ear worm despite the rough production. There’s maybe one demo Of LFL I like a little more but usually the final is fine for me. Unless they paid radios, we unfortunately are left With a Madonna making music she likes more than the general public may or even fans. 

4 hours ago, PWCCA said:

Umm, not to be rude, but Bitch I’m Madonna is in her top 10 of most streamed songs on Apple Music and Spotify. Living for Love and Ghosttown arnt even in that top 10....

Its very telling that millions of people are clicking play on that song than the other 2 singles.

Bitch I’m Madonna was the biggest hit of that album. Fact.

Better mastering and vocals would've been nice, but let's be honest that probably wouldn't have made the song a hit (outside of Europe). I think the production itself should've been much better and more modern to make it more listenable on radio, and adding a popular featured vocalist like Ariana or The Weeknd could've made the song more appealing to the younger demographic as well. 

The biggest fails of the entire RH album cycle was her fall at the Brits and the leaks. Had neither situation occurred I think the era would have been catastrophically different. Living For Love was not the best choice for a lead single either,BIM should have stayed an album track and never received release as a single period. I think it's the worst song of her entire discography.  It was a missed opportunity for Avicci's version of Rebel Heart not being included on the final album tracklist because that would have been an ideal single to come back on,something unexpected in Madonna's track record of first single releases. The last time she released a ballad as the first single was for Ray Of Light (Frozen) and she should do it again someday.

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

But he produced all versions, even what’s on the album 

Meant is Avicii's pop version, which was leaked first. Avicii had at that time #1 hits worldwide and even in the USA a #4 with Wake Me Up. His pop version of Rebel Heart would have been played by all radio stations worldwide - surely even in the US. I don't know the background of this first leaked version, but it is exactly the same style that Avicii was successful at that time and it was a big disappointment for many that this amazing version turned into an unspectacular and dull bonus track.

I don't know why people are so in love with the Avicii version of RH. That kind of trumpet sound at the beginning is cheap, horrible. But the song is great, very radio-friendly, lyrics that many can relate to, easy to be remixed with dance versions, it definitely deserved to be a single.

I love the Whole rebel Heart album. For me it struck a nice balance of classic Madonna elements and something New & Fresh. But, It was download 33 million times when it leaked and i think some of those versions were better. But I still enjoy the the whole thing. Hold Tight, Messiah, & Ghost Town are just awesome.  If ghost town was released when they were actually playing woman on the radio over 40 it would have been a smash. I can't remember what Magazine it was but they called it one of the songs of the year. But Adam Lambert had a song by the same name and the kids, well, I can't even.

Also who in the hell calls their Album Rebel Heart and doesn't even put the song on the standard album? It was only on Deluxe Versions and that makes no sense to me.?‍♂️As much as I know Liz Rosenberg is retired and she was brilliant with making good choices about Madonna's career and put her first. Im kinda dumbstruck as to why she has kept this management team around her which seems like just an echo chamber who keep making Poor Choices and bad decisions. 

I really hope she is back with Warner in some capacity as WB needs cash flow and they start milking that back catalogue for what it is truly worth. She could easily put out a Deluxe Immaculate collection of just Top 10 Hits that's 3 discs at least and no problems digitally. She shares ownership of her own catalogue with Warner and every song published under BOYTOY music. She is sitting on a Goldmine, especially for her long time fans. I just get frustrated as they never seem to give the fans what they actually want. They can give us HD videos I mean look what the fans have done on here. Its Professional quality. Drowned World looks terrible as insmotheredd in Vaseline, The Girlie Show sounds terrible and is blurry and I was at that Concert November 19th 1993 and it sounded nothing like the DVD. It sounded as good if not better than the Japan Show. So whatever they did to the audio is not what I heard at the show.I've ranted enough, I'm going to listen to Something To Remember album and Calm down with a Valium.

Sorry everyone who had to read that.??‍♂️???

13 hours ago, deathproof said:

Umm, not to be rude, but Bitch I’m Madonna is in her top 10 of most streamed songs on Apple Music and Spotify. Living for Love and Ghosttown arnt even in that top 10....

Its very telling that millions of people are clicking play on that song than the other 2 singles.

Bitch I’m Madonna was the biggest hit of that album. Fact.

Then there’s no accounting for people’s taste then these days then ? The fact this abortion of a song even had 1 stream is bad enough ? 

17 hours ago, Enrico said:

I don't know why people are so in love with the Avicii version of RH. That kind of trumpet sound at the beginning is cheap, horrible. But the song is great, very radio-friendly, lyrics that many can relate to, easy to be remixed with dance versions, it definitely deserved to be a single.

I have this same feeling with the Wash All Over Me demo, I really don't get why people love that so much... it's so generic and sounds just like any other avicii production

Would’ve been better with no leaks, better marketing and timing and yes, better mastering. Rebel Heart and Madame X are too incredible albums but the mastering and the sound of her voice in each song (not the autotune or vocoder) feels too muffled and like it’s made on a primitive home software and equipments, not a big budget studio.

I agree on the Avicii version of RH (the radio-friendly mix, not the boring final album version). I think that BIM as a single was a complete disaster. It didn't work with GMAYL back in 2012, so, she should've learned from that. I absolutely loathe both those tracks. Though, I can stand the Just Blaze mix of GMAYL she played on the MDNA Tour. Also, I do like the heavy bass in the RHT version of BIM but that's quite about it. Besides, it's one of her worst second songs that ever made it into a setlist for a live concert. Personally I love the Offer Nissim version she performed during the brief promotion and on the RHT but I get that with its long intro and unvocalized breaks throughout large portions of the song it wouldn't have gotten much airplay either. The dull album version is just boring to me and I never listen to it, unless Spotify adds it to a generic playlist. The fact that a hacker leaked many unfinished demos was not a PR stunt to me and I guess it hurt her album sales. But the fall at the BRITS, on the other hand, did get her some press, from what I have read complimenting her for handling it like a showbusiness-pro and proving that she still got the stamina, energy and physical strenght other artitst half her age should envy her for.

Ghosttown is a decent single but not suitable for a second one. A fourth? Maybe a third?

I think Iconic whould have been perfect for a first single. To set the theme, get the promo going.

Better mastering and vocals yes. Even she admitted she preferred another version over what was released on the album. Being a hit? Not too sure. She'd have to have been super aggressive and having deals to spin the song in order to break the Hot 100. It's sad but true when even Ghosttown didn't make a dent despite even non-fans loving it and praising her for that tracks.

I do enjoy it, maybe less now than 2015 but I did like the song. It felt nice having a lead without a featuring for once and fans did agree on that.