Live To Tell: The Story of Madonna’s Life

RinoTheBouncer

Madonna’s using “Live To Tell” as a hashtag for a post about the screenplay she’s writing which suggests that this could indeed be the name of her upcoming project and it’s incredible! DO you like this as a title for it or would you rather name it something else?

For me, Live to Tell or “I have a tale to tell” would be ideal titles.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

“Live to Tell” would make a fantastic title, and it sounds like a very fitting title for a book as well. I can’t wait to see this movie. 

I agree I like it! I think it's very fitting for sure! Knowing her tho that wont be the title lol but hearing her explain the basic jist of the story (surviving in a "man's world") I think it would be a great title & of course references her (the song of course). I like the idea. Can't wait to see this either!! I don't know how I feel about the fact that whoever is in it will be singing her songs versus using her actual music but I am going to remain open minded without having urealistic expectations. Too soon to have a real opinion I'm just beyond exciting that she's working on something like this! Always wished for an auto-biography over a biopic but as long as it's coming from her I will take whatever I we can get! There's always time for a book on down the line because she is far from "done" I think! What other titles could there possibly be that relate to her career while also encapsulate a good title for something like this? I'm gonna brainstorm on that one for a bit myself but am anxious to hear others thoughts on the subject too.......

Guest DeeperDeeper
1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

“Live to Tell” would make a fantastic title, and it sounds like a very fitting title for a book as well. I can’t wait to see this movie. 

I still think 'Hydrangeas Up Your Ass' is a catchier title for a book. 

Guest DeeperDeeper

M's choice for Diablo Cody as her screenwriter makes sense. Given Diablo's memoir was 'Candy Girl: A Year in the Life of an Unlikely Stripper' 

It's like the Candy Perfume Girl meets Candy Girl.

"Live to Tell" sounds very evocative, but I feel like anyone can have that title for their autobiographical movie. I feel it has to be something uniquely Madonna and in-your-face, yknow what I mean? Something that will make people go "omg it's about Madonna I wanna see it!" So any of these three 

1. LUCKY STAR

2. LIKE A PRAYER

3. BLOND AMBITION

Live To Tell is quite apt seeing as so many of her contemporaries have died. Death has been all around her for most of her life. Her mother, her friends to aids, her musical peers, her own miscarriage etc. 
so yeah I’d be very happy with Live To Tell. The song was her first serious song and has always been shrouded in mystery. It’s also severely underrated and overlooked as a song of hers. It gets lost in the pack. She should have paid it more dues. 

2 hours ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Honestly I’m kinda sad, I don’t want anybody else to play Madonna since there’s only one, and that there can only be one..... I’m not a fan of these movies, idk but the artists loose value when they do these, it feels just like they’re making a cartoon over a real iconic movie 

I kind of feel like that too but after seeing Rami Malek play Freddie Mercury it can be done well - it just needs the right actress to play her and of course it needs to be done in a stylish way and well written too ?

Like a bitch (out of order)

I made it trought the wilderness

I'm down on my knees

Anyway, I'm not that excited about this. Madonna making a movie about herlsef? I wonder how much is true and how much will be fantasy...how many myths, and how many facts. If I was making a movie about myself I wouldnt tell lies I guess, but I would leave a lot behind...like Madonna. Is Christopher a real cunt or did he told the truth on his book? I dont trust her for this...Madame X is a story teller...