Universal Announces The Untold Story of Madonna

RinoTheBouncer

2 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

She really should co-write it (maybe produce too), and then hand the directing responsibilities to someone more accomplished in the art. Her directorial skills are pretty much akin to her acting skills, and that wouldn't help the project commercially at all

Even if she’s great, the publicity around her as an actress and a director is bad. I wish she let the one who did Bohemian Rhapsody do it or some art house film director like Luca Guadagnino or something like that. 

1 minute ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Even if she’s great, the publicity around her as an actress and a director is bad. I wish she let the one who did Bohemian Rhapsody do it or some art house film director like Luca Guadagnino or something like that. 

I agree... and I'm sure I recall him previously expressing interest in directing a movie based on Madonna's life. With Madonna writing and directing, I do fear that she will deliver a 'I'm a queen, I'm a victim, ego-fest'... I do hope that is not the case.

Am not sure how I feel on the one hand great it will really be her story and she has control on how it turns out - but I don't know how objective she would be - being so close it it and judging how different things will come across to make a great film. Kind of find it strange how she will make this film that is about looking back but won't embrace her back catalogue so muchwhen she tours  - I think Madame X was the most extreme of all her tours focusing so much on new material. Hopefully it is a sign she could get excited again about performing more music from across her career if and when she tours again - but don't think we will see any new music for another 4 years of so with her working on this.  I am sure she will find it alot of hard work to make this film and draining.   It's bound to get slated if she is the Director of a film about herself but don't care if it's brilliant 

5 minutes ago, Dito said:

I'm in the minority of fans who think this is the project where she'll be good as the director. Why? 

Because that's the only thing she's good at directing - herself. Her story. I can assure you we're gonna get a 100% Madonna film.

You could be right I hope you are - would love a biopic of her life to be brilliant and she will certainly be committed to making it good. I suppose her only good film roles are where she has played characters that most like herself so maybe the same will apply for Directing too

Well i am glad my friends Breakfast Club got a mention... i wonder if she will use that unreleased song of her and Regina and there is another of Regina on main vocals and Madonna doing backing :)   I was telling Stephen Bray before " she has your BC album on cassette still" and he even recognized a few of the tapes on that video she posted online before... We shall see :)

3 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

You could be right I hope you are - would love a biopic of her life to be brilliant and she will certainly be committed to making it good. I suppose her only good film roles are where she has played characters that most like herself so maybe the same will apply for Directing too

Yeah, and to be honest she's not bad at all at directing, she actually has a good eye. W.E. was amazingly done and way better than many movies done by "professional directors", by all standards - cinematography, soundtrack, casting...

The problem is that she just isn't taken seriously in the film industry. And then fans get mad when something of hers flops. But we should ask ourselves: it's her story, we're gonna be seeing it through her eyes. Isn't that exactly what we want?

Who cares if people are gonna judge on it and think it's "narcissistic"? People nowadays think having a mere basic self-esteem is "narcissism" anyway...  and almost 40 years later and she has nothing more to prove, so SHE wants to tell it like she WANTS it. Because she earned that right. She did it all alone in the end. She powered through several backlashes all alone and even had people around her undermining her, including husbands.

I'm gonna be here for it and wouldn't have it any other way than this. It will be like being in a room with her, just the two of us, while she tells me her story. Would you want David Fincher in that room instead?

3 hours ago, PWCCA said:

I agree... and I'm sure I recall him previously expressing interest in directing a movie based on Madonna's life. With Madonna writing and directing, I do fear that she will deliver a 'I'm a queen, I'm a victim, ego-fest'... I do hope that is not the case.

I just want it to be a good movie that will get good enough publicity and revenue. It would be so sad for this to be another %20 rotten movie with $15m revenue out of $90m budget... 

9 minutes ago, gonna dress u up said:

Yeah! Like Bohemian Rapsody soundtrack! I'm so excited to see this movie!

Ditto!!

And @Dito, so true on Madonna and directing herself. I see it as one big long Madonna video. I’m just worried on the lead actress and if she can pull it off? ??