Universal Announces The Untold Story of Madonna

RinoTheBouncer

2 hours ago, Dito said:

I'm in the minority of fans who think this is the project where she'll be good as the director. Why? 

Because that's the only thing she's good at directing - herself. Her story. I can assure you we're gonna get a 100% Madonna film.

I agree with this too. But I hope the public will understand this and I’m not big on Julia Garner being her. She looks nothing like her and that one shot of her with the I’m Breathless/Blond Ambition hair looks no closer to Madonna than any other person in the same outfit and hair would. 

Guys, have you see the live on Instagram ? M is basically written the screenplay by herself ! Diablo is just there to write what she says. Every single time Diablo is coming up with something M immediately correct her, type herself over her on her laptop or literally takes her laptop from her and write herself ! If she would hire a director it would be the same and even worse, knowing she had already directed a movie. She would totally be like "No, film it like this, no put it like that, no she should arrive from here..." and she would end up literally taking the camera from the director, just like Cody's laptop ??? No really i think it's better that way that she directs it "officially" by herself, to avoid any drama during the filming and a director who would leave in the middle of the shooting. Diablo is already close to the nervous breakdown... ??? All of this is so Madonna, gotta love it ?

Directing a movie regarding your own life just doesn't work for me. Give control to an experienced director, like David Fincher. He knows her but has enough distance to her persona to make an objective movie. Like everyone else Madonna also has her blind spots. And wanting to be in control of every aspect can also ruin the entire project. I guess she just wants people to view her the way she wants them to view her, so her public persona will not be tarnished. I understand her decision, I really do, but in the end I would really like to see another director shooting this biopic.