Music - Official HD Music Video

RinoTheBouncer

9 hours ago, Kieran said:

Great. But why have they left it in that horrible 4.3 letterbox aspect ratio - and not formatted it into full 16.9 widescreen?

Because 4:3 is the original ratio the video was in. You’d lose part of the picture if you put it in widescreen.

That's not true HD and I can't believe her team couldn't even replace the original video.

Are we seriously going to get more duplicates for all her videos?

The ones we got so far aren't enough?

Her team really is the worst. Meanwhile U2 are getting actual 4k video uploads (probably from the original tapes) and we're getting exclusive content on their channel. Guy Oseary isn't doing this to Madonna why exactly?

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Because 4:3 is the original ratio the video was in. You’d lose part of the picture if you put it in widescreen.

But it looks like 16.9 'downsized' to fit 4.3...? It has the black bars at the side and the top/bottom. I thought the letter box box at top and bottom suggest it was produced in 16.9. So theoretically, they could have 'spread' the image to go the width of a widescreen image getting rid of the side bars(?) If it was filmed in 4.3 - it would not have the top and bottom letter box bars(?)

3 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

That's not true HD and I can't believe her team couldn't even replace the original video.

Are we seriously going to get more duplicates for all her videos?

The ones we got so far aren't enough?

Her team really is the worst. Meanwhile U2 are getting actual 4k video uploads (probably from the original tapes) and we're getting exclusive content on their channel. Guy Oseary isn't doing this to Madonna why exactly?

How do we know it's not true HD? I can't see any signs of the typical fan upscales, it looks quite good. Just some noise on the night drive scenes but I'm sure that's the original footage.

They couldn't replace the original video cause this is the shorter edit. If they had, now we would we complaining to have lost the longer 4:44 version. :lol:

Besides, I'm sure this is Warner, not Madonna's team. The SD vs HD promo for social is almost the same as the one they did for Alanis when they uploaded the new 4K remasters of the "Jagged Little Pill" videos.

This is Warner/Rhino thing, we all know how Madonna's team always upload the worst, cropped versions and don't care at all haha.

3 minutes ago, Kieran said:

But it looks like 16.9 'downsized' to fit 4.3...? It has the black bars at the side and the top/bottom. I thought the letter box box at top and bottom suggest it was produced in 16.9. So theoretically, they could have 'spread' the image to go the width of a widescreen image getting rid of the side bars(?) If it was filmed in 4.3 - it would not have the top and bottom letter box bars(?)

It is only in certain parts that it is widescreen and then it has text flashing above it anyway. So if you crop it that will be cropped out. The bulk of the video is in 4:3.

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

How do we know it's not true HD? I can't see any signs of the typical fan upscales, it looks quite good. Just some noise on the night drive scenes but I'm sure that's the original footage.

Well it is a huge upgrade from the original upload. I don’t really see the purpose of having old footage in 4K? Can they really remaster it to make it look as good as something shot in 4K today?

I think they’ve done a great job.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Well it is a huge upgrade from the original upload. I don’t really see the purpose of having old footage in 4K? Can they really remaster it to make it look as good as something shot in 4K today?

Me too! I'm very surprised and happy with this one - not so much with the Alanis 4K remasters, I appreciate the effort but those were a little hit or miss to me.

12 hours ago, Kieran said:

HD wasnt a thing in 2000. The video was released on dvd and sent to Tv in 4:3 format, because that was the standard then. Thats why this hd version is like this.

On 9/19/2020 at 5:03 AM, Blue Jean said:

Most of the old videos were don in film, so yes... If they do proper remasters from those, we could get true 4K versions

The alanis' remasters are an example of that

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I noticed people mentioning Alanis’s videos being restored in 4K. Forgive me, I’m not great with this sort of stuff, but is it possible for them to do that to M’s videos as well? Were they all shot on 35mm film?