What happened with Patrick Leonard Project???

lmvc

No, Pat cancelled it because the project was funded by a private person in its entirety and he didn't need a kickstarter campaign. He promised he would send the special edition to those, like me, who were the first to pledge.

Then we don't know. He deleted his IG account and disappeared.

It's strange, he was very nice, answering questions..

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

No, Pat cancelled it because the project was funded by a private person in its entirety and he didn't need a kickstarter campaign. He promised he would send the special edition to those, like me, who were the first to pledge.

Then we don't know. He deleted his IG account and disappeared.

It's strange, he was very nice, answering questions..

maybe, just maybe a scam from him...it is what it sounds like now

The project never seemed that interesting to me. Why record instrumental versions of your old songs, instead of writing something new? It just seemed a tacky effort to cash in on Madonna’s fame instead of doing new work. 
His whole Instagram seemed like a big ego trip, where he got off on fans praising him and begging Madonna to work with him again and saying how he made Madonna and no other songwriter or producer was good enough 

40 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I still don’t understand why he wanted money for it. It’s just him doing it, a vanity project. It costs almost nothing to upload onto streaming services.

Distribution costs money. Packaging and physical products costs money. All the musicians he enlisted, they need to be paid. 

15 hours ago, Jackie said:

I thought it was just him and his old school synths. 

Yes, I didn’t think he was using an actual orchestra which would be expensive. 
As a well known producer I would think he would have enough funds to finance it himself. I always thought Kickstarter was for lesser known indie artists. 

1 hour ago, Glindathegood said:

Yes, I didn’t think he was using an actual orchestra which would be expensive. 
As a well known producer I would think he would have enough funds to finance it himself. I always thought Kickstarter was for lesser known indie artists. 

Kickstarter isn’t just for “lesser knowns.” Everything needs financing.

4 hours ago, deathproof said:

Kickstarter isn’t just for “lesser knowns.” Everything needs financing.

Is Kickstarter a reliable company? There was pledge music which took fans’ money and didn’t give it to artists but redistributed it to their other operations. I ordered an album from pledge music that was never released and a had a hard time getting my money back. This soured me on crowd funding of music. I would rather buy something after it’s released. Lots on indie artists finance their own recording and don’t ask fans to pay many months or years in advance. 

• 3 months later...