Erotica: Expanded Box Set

BradleyPratt

Love the box set - they planned a real Limited Edition at the time (black faux leather book with real leather straps, I have one of the real test productions) - but it was cancelled!

There were a bunch of counterfeits years ago (with a real leather book - because they were making fakes off of pictures of the few real ones).

24 minutes ago, Loganv721 said:

Love the box set - they planned a real Limited Edition at the time (black faux leather book with real leather straps, I have one of the real test productions) - but it was cancelled!

There were a bunch of counterfeits years ago (with a real leather book - because they were making fakes off of pictures of the few real ones).

That is so cool! Can you please share pictures with us?

3 hours ago, heikeeduardo said:

That is so cool! Can you please share pictures with us?

Mine's stored away - but here are pictures of the REAL one. Non-leather book w/ rivets in corners, Leather straps that CONNECT in the center at the back. When you hold/see it, it is clearly not made by hand. They were made as tests for a full blown real production run:

https://www.rootsvinylguide.com/ebay_items/madonna-cd-erotica-no-promo-sex-leather-rare-top-mdna-tour-no-broken

The FAKE ones are handmade and have a LEATHER book (since you could not tell the difference in materials from pictures - and the fakes were made from pictures).

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I feel it, it's coming! 

Waiting is the hardest thing!
(It's strange ...)
I tell myself that if I believe in you, Warner Music Group!
(I feel like we've known you before ...)
In dream of you, Madonna!
(Erotica boxset reissued on coloured vinyl ...)
With all our remastered hearts and all our extended souls;
(More and more and more ... all bonus tracks too!)
That by sheer force of will;
(When I'm with you all ...)
We will raise Erotica from the ground!
(And feel like a magical child ...)
And with every sound, you'll appear!
(Everything strange ... demos included!)
And surrender to us, to love.
(Everything wild ... wildest dream come true!)

We also want all those maxi-singles reissued on coloured 12" vinyl, please!

We'll stand out on the mountain top;
Until we hear you call ...

This is what an Über Super Deluxe Edition could look like. It's got everything but the monkey, the finger and the leathermask! The inclusion of The Rain Tapes is an especially nice touch. Howard Jones included a demotape in his deluxe box of Human's Lib, and fans loved it.  The Rain Tapes would make Madonna stans delirious with happiness!

However, to make it more affordable for regular mortals, I'd release a seperate box for the 7" collection. Like ABBA has done for their reissues. Gotta give those Record Store Day Madonna fans something to buy too, right? :)
And I'd change the color of a couple of them. Erotica could be transparant with glitter, as a nod to the fabulous curtain in the video. If you do a Bedtime Stories mock-up, then Secret would be perfect for gold. All that jewellery she wears in that video...
Playground would be either eggshell white or "holiday collection red", as a nod to the colors on the players' uniforms in the movie.

The double LP would be one white and one navy blue, like the cover. I think splatter looks messy and makes it hard to really see the grooves when you play the record. Clean colors is much better.

The silver/blue cover you suggested is perfect, and would look beyond beautiful in print.

Inclusion of material from other eras is a no-no in my book, and many professionals. Skip the other tours on the live cd, and present "Erotica- Live", with live versions of Erotica material. You thrill Me is amazing, but it belongs to the Confessions Era.

The Girlie Show- Live Down Under is already available on dvd. Why not include the Japanese show? Not many has seen it, and it would be a nice addition to the collection for people who don't download illegal material. :)

Well, these are just MY reflections. If Warner should follow your idea, I'd happily buy it. So much good stuff in one box. Love love love. :)

• 2 years later...

I gave this one a 3D upgrade, and I love how it turned out. I think I really got the mirror board shine going on that gatefold vinyl! 

This completes my effort to visually unify my box set projects, and will probably be my last one.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/104612089/Madonna-Erotica-Expanded-Box-Set  🖤🖤🖤

GHj7QOGbAAAxNQK.jpg

GHj7QNuaIAMt_Rb.jpg

GHj7QNTagAAKi8F.jpg

GHj7QM7aIAAPAVq.jpg