She's the one ! (Actress to play M)

Redha DBL

As opposed to what some people think, it's not because you will put some make up on,  a bustier, tons of jewellery, fingerless gloves and a scarf on your hair that you will look like Madonna. Look at that picture posted just above of all those wanabees. They all have the full Madonna costumes yet none of them look like Madonna. That girl, Anne Winters do look like Madonna and has the most important feature of Madonna (quoting Madonna herself) : her eyes, her big expressive eyes.

Screenshot_20200928-133609_Instagram.thumb.jpg.1bb4ac810e8ccd3ea98fe43e653e8af1.jpgScreenshot_20200928-133625_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a9b9d516856f9e2c441cce492c73f227.jpgScreenshot-20200928-133628-Instagram.jpgScreenshot-20200928-133634-Instagram.jpg

21 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

I mean M simply wrote a letter to Alan Parker back then, didn't get photographed as Eva Peron with the hashtag #hireme to convince anybody. 

The TAKE A BOW video was exactly that : a calling-card to showcase that Eva Peron-like style on her, to her own admission. So, yes, she did.

I would honestly not watch if this girl got picked. She's about as deep as my belly button. 

and I would argue, making a music video with a sincere hand written letter and playing dress up with a hashtag on instagram are a little different. 

We need someone who can show humor, and tragedy, and strength, and masculinity, and ferociousness, and makes you freeze when their eyes lock on to you. 

Not Malibu Barbi 

Deep down it makes me happy that it ain't an easy task to find the one. Proves we haven't been admiring an ordinary woman who just got lucky. Not in terms of appearance nor personality nor voice and talent. Most modern day celebrities would have like a thousand doppelgangers that sing and talk and act like them. So please don't just pick a girl with huge lips that looks like anybody today to play Madonna.

On 9/28/2020 at 4:10 AM, o_g_c_x said:

Totally the same vibe I get from that girl..she is so 1-dimension...hope she is never considered as an option. 

You have lost your fucking mind dude - of course you're only getting one dimensional because she's only taking pictures in her house using her own personal make up artist not some professional studio makeup artist. Any of you not seeing the OBVIOUS resemblance are just hands down BLIND AS A FUCKING BAT! These "wanna-bes" look like a joke & not one of them even comes close to looking like Madonna other than MAYBE what they're wearing. She hasn't posted any videos trying to COMPLETELY recreate anything or showing her attempt at talking, singing, sounding like M so of course you are only getting a taste! But idc what any of you who are dogging this chick say you are all completely out of your minds in my book! NONE, NOT EVEN 1, of ALL of the other names I have heard thrown around even somewhat resemble Madonna except maybe, just maybe Paris Jackson but COME ON what has Paris Jackson done other than being a child of a famous pop star? This girl has acted in movies & TV shows to acclaim obviously (whatever your opinions are of that it doesn't matter) she IS an actress & she CAN sing so get off your fucking high horses & stop being so damn critical! 

On 9/28/2020 at 8:28 AM, ENIPSE said:

The TAKE A BOW video was exactly that : a calling-card to showcase that Eva Peron-like style on her, to her own admission. So, yes, she did.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR POINTING THIS OUT! SHE IS DOING EXACTLY WHAT MADONNA DID ONLY THERE WASN'T FUCKING INSTAGRAM BACK THEN SO SHE'S USING WHAT'S AT HER DISPOSAL IN 2020. And you know what, it fucking worked! M has seen her, started following her & even contacted her regarding all of this. She would be stupid to not cast this actress, period & I love Madonna hands down but I will say that again - she would be STUPID not to cast this girl in the role I have been a die-hard fan since 1989 & she looks more like Madonna than ANYONE else I have ever seen!!! Period. Any of you saying she does not are simply BLIND.

On 9/28/2020 at 2:03 PM, RUADJAI said:

I would honestly not watch if this girl got picked. She's about as deep as my belly button. 

and I would argue, making a music video with a sincere hand written letter and playing dress up with a hashtag on instagram are a little different. 

We need someone who can show humor, and tragedy, and strength, and masculinity, and ferociousness, and makes you freeze when their eyes lock on to you. 

Not Malibu Barbi 

First of all, good, don't watch NO ONE needs your petty judgemental support anyway with a bullshit attitude like this! You are the perfect example of a "fan" who just doesn't get it obviously I am sorry! And your argument about "making a music video with a sincere hand written letter" being so different than "playing dress up with a hashtag on Instagram" - PLEASE explain to me how because I BEG TO FUCKING DIFFER! M played "dress up" in the TAB video first of all so there that's EXACTLY the same & second whether it's in a letter or written on Instagram for the whole world to see not just Alan fucking Parker - her sincerity shows in the things she has said about her admiration for Madonna, her obvious desire to play the role, her dedication to getting the looks as close to "right" as anyone else I have ever seen & on her own I might again add. The sincerity IS THE SAME dude hands down! THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE I'm sorry you sound like Trump trying to make a false point that any true fan could see thru easily. Last, who's to say this actress can't show humor, tragedy, strength, masculinity & ferociousness that makes you freeze when their eyes lock on you? She's a fucking actress & fairly new one at that so who says she couldn't handle the role, you & a few others? Pffffft get the fuck outta here! She has Madonna's eyes there is no question about that & her looks especially when she is trying to are SPOT THE FUCK ON! And I personally believe she is a pretty good actress from what I have seen so she has my support (& a bunch of others I see too) so go somewhere else with your BS critiques!

My challenge to you is - SHOW ME, don't just tell me, FUCKING SHOW ME another actress that is better than this girl right here. I want to SEE who your choice is. Bring it the fuck on! I am ready for more good laughs because that is ALL anyone who doesn't think Anne Winters could do this part deserve. I hesitated getting sucked back into this thread & commenting more on the subject because truthfully time will tell (& I personally can't wait to call each & every one of you who isn't supporting this girl & her passion for Madonna out on your stupidity when that time comes!) and all of this bickering & OPINION is just a sign of what will always be in the world no matter what. No one will ever see eye to eye on everything but I have honestly never seen so many blind Madonna "fans" in my entire life than here! It's like this is a pop culture forum sometimes not a Madonna FAN forum. Makes my stomach hurt tbh. Anne Winters has my 100% support for getting this part & any of you saying "I wont go see this movie if she gets the role" don't deserve to see it anyway so PLEASE STAY THE FUCK HOME you WILL NOT be missed anyway :Madonna003:

4 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

She looks straight outta "A league of their own" on that pic !

I can see ALOTO here for sure even tho the hair is not exactly right for that look (it's a bit too long & not styled the right way) but for what it is YES I can see it. You have to look at this with an open mind & the people not seeing the resemblance are again - & I will say it a million times - BLIND! Honestly in my opinion - this reminds me of the 1985 Ken Regan HEALTHY series. If her hair were lighter (more blonde) like it was in that session - that's what it reminds me of. But either way I see Madonna without a doubt. I AM LOVING ALL OF THIS SO MUCH! SHE NEEDS THE PART!!!! 

Guest DeeperDeeper
On 9/26/2020 at 8:34 PM, Blue Jean said:

She's sexy. I can see that working although I have no idea about her acting ability. The speaking voice is just as important as the look.

It's the personality which is the most defining thing about M and the actor who is going to portray her needs that. 

I cannot see this woman pull of Like A Virgin BAT. 

We need a woman of Latin heritage, as the stud said earlier our girl is feisty and strong. We need an actor like that. 

2 hours ago, Frank said:

It's getting really cringey by now. She's trying TOO HARD. I hope she's not the one. She looks REALLY DESPERATE.

No she's passionate and she will fight to get what she wants. She doesn't care what people think, she has a goal and she won't stop until she reaches it.

She made it clear, the casting system is totally fucked up and she will do it her own way.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I do admire how much she wants this role and getting Madonna’s attention. I just personally don’t get Madonna vibes from her and don’t really think she’s the right one for the role. 

8 hours ago, cedric said:

I'm not convinced...

You're hopeless then & just another BLIND "fan"

5 hours ago, Ashley said:

It's the personality which is the most defining thing about M and the actor who is going to portray her needs that. 

I cannot see this woman pull of Like A Virgin BAT. 

We need a woman of Latin heritage, as the stud said earlier our girl is feisty and strong. We need an actor like that. 

A Latin Madonna? LOLOL I have seriously heard it all now! You guys have lost your fucking minds!! So only a Latin woman can roll around on a red satin bed maturbating? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE! Next somebody will be saying we need to cast a black Madonna! Feisty & strong! How can you say this girl is not that? You are only seeing a glimpse of what she can do! With Madonna directing her behind the camera she could do ANYTHING! I am DONE commenting here you guys are absolutely hopeless! Let's rally for Jessica Alba or fucking Julia Garner again! I AM DONE WITH HALF OF YOU IDIOTS!!! We will see who is "right" for the part. And @Ashley I'm sorry to tell you but we are talking about Madonna here & her personality has NOT been her most defining thing! It has been her FACE! HER LOOKS! HER RE-INVENTIONS!! HER MUSIC!! YOU HAVE LOST YOUR FUCKING MIND!!! 

16 hours ago, Brandon Clark said:

You have lost your fucking mind dude - of course you're only getting one dimensional because she's only taking pictures in her house using her own personal make up artist not some professional studio makeup artist. Any of you not seeing the OBVIOUS resemblance are just hands down BLIND AS A FUCKING BAT! These "wanna-bes" look like a joke & not one of them even comes close to looking like Madonna other than MAYBE what they're wearing. She hasn't posted any videos trying to COMPLETELY recreate anything or showing her attempt at talking, singing, sounding like M so of course you are only getting a taste! But idc what any of you who are dogging this chick say you are all completely out of your minds in my book! NONE, NOT EVEN 1, of ALL of the other names I have heard thrown around even somewhat resemble Madonna except maybe, just maybe Paris Jackson but COME ON what has Paris Jackson done other than being a child of a famous pop star? This girl has acted in movies & TV shows to acclaim obviously (whatever your opinions are of that it doesn't matter) she IS an actress & she CAN sing so get off your fucking high horses & stop being so damn critical! 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR POINTING THIS OUT! SHE IS DOING EXACTLY WHAT MADONNA DID ONLY THERE WASN'T FUCKING INSTAGRAM BACK THEN SO SHE'S USING WHAT'S AT HER DISPOSAL IN 2020. And you know what, it fucking worked! M has seen her, started following her & even contacted her regarding all of this. She would be stupid to not cast this actress, period & I love Madonna hands down but I will say that again - she would be STUPID not to cast this girl in the role I have been a die-hard fan since 1989 & she looks more like Madonna than ANYONE else I have ever seen!!! Period. Any of you saying she does not are simply BLIND.

First of all, good, don't watch NO ONE needs your petty judgemental support anyway with a bullshit attitude like this! You are the perfect example of a "fan" who just doesn't get it obviously I am sorry! And your argument about "making a music video with a sincere hand written letter" being so different than "playing dress up with a hashtag on Instagram" - PLEASE explain to me how because I BEG TO FUCKING DIFFER! M played "dress up" in the TAB video first of all so there that's EXACTLY the same & second whether it's in a letter or written on Instagram for the whole world to see not just Alan fucking Parker - her sincerity shows in the things she has said about her admiration for Madonna, her obvious desire to play the role, her dedication to getting the looks as close to "right" as anyone else I have ever seen & on her own I might again add. The sincerity IS THE SAME dude hands down! THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE I'm sorry you sound like Trump trying to make a false point that any true fan could see thru easily. Last, who's to say this actress can't show humor, tragedy, strength, masculinity & ferociousness that makes you freeze when their eyes lock on you? She's a fucking actress & fairly new one at that so who says she couldn't handle the role, you & a few others? Pffffft get the fuck outta here! She has Madonna's eyes there is no question about that & her looks especially when she is trying to are SPOT THE FUCK ON! And I personally believe she is a pretty good actress from what I have seen so she has my support (& a bunch of others I see too) so go somewhere else with your BS critiques!

My challenge to you is - SHOW ME, don't just tell me, FUCKING SHOW ME another actress that is better than this girl right here. I want to SEE who your choice is. Bring it the fuck on! I am ready for more good laughs because that is ALL anyone who doesn't think Anne Winters could do this part deserve. I hesitated getting sucked back into this thread & commenting more on the subject because truthfully time will tell (& I personally can't wait to call each & every one of you who isn't supporting this girl & her passion for Madonna out on your stupidity when that time comes!) and all of this bickering & OPINION is just a sign of what will always be in the world no matter what. No one will ever see eye to eye on everything but I have honestly never seen so many blind Madonna "fans" in my entire life than here! It's like this is a pop culture forum sometimes not a Madonna FAN forum. Makes my stomach hurt tbh. Anne Winters has my 100% support for getting this part & any of you saying "I wont go see this movie if she gets the role" don't deserve to see it anyway so PLEASE STAY THE FUCK HOME you WILL NOT be missed anyway :Madonna003:

:Madonna038:

Usually I’d be mad with all these “fucks” flying at me, but I’m more concerned for your well being. 

She has the look and the attitude. It has to be her. Of all the other (supposed) candidates, she's by far the most lookalike (that picture of LAP... it's more Madonna than Madonna herself :lol:) and the way she's going about all of this - the persistence, the photos, the social media appeal - it's ironically very Madonna-esque.

She's an Emmy award-winning actress, I'm sure she'll be able to display and convey the Madonna attitude she doesn't already have since she's an actress and that's what actors do - they imitate. Remi Malek is nothing like Freddy Mercury was in real life and yet, look how good his portrayal of Freddy in Bohemian Rhapsody turned out.

The argument that the chosen actress has to have the "Madonna energy" in her personal life seems very fallacious imo, since nobody has the (full) Madonna energy but herself. And that's where the "acting" part comes in.

Edited by Dito (see edit history)

On 26/9/2020 at 20:30, Brandon Clark said:

¡Acabo de ver enlaces al Instagram de esta chica en línea y ahora estoy 100% CONVENCIDO de que debería obtener el papel! Seguro que espero que Madonna termine viendo a esta chica: se ve IDÉNTICA para las primeras Madonna y esto es solo su juego con su propia maquilladora, ¡ni siquiera una maquilladora profesional del equipo de películas de Universal! ¡Imagínese lo que podrían hacer con esto! ¡Tiene tantas miradas ABAJO! Esta es mi elección - ¡¡¡RESPUESTA FINAL !!!! Madonna, por favor, haz lo correcto al elegir a alguien para que te interprete. Necesitamos verte y te veo en esta chica. Además, puedes decir que es una fan, ¡lo cual es genial! Ella realmente está haciendo todo lo posible para conseguir este papel, que creo que es admirable y me recuerda exactamente lo que haría Madonna en sus inicios. ¡Admiro su ambición y se ve INCREÍBLE! Y aparentemente también canta !!! Pensamientos?!?!?!

https://www.instagram.com/annewinters/

En serio, mira estos 2 (como Dios mío, ¡pensé que era Madonna por un segundo!)

His makeup artist is professional, it is the same makeup artist of Katy Perry. She looks very similar, but, I will say everything I think: the characteristic detail of Madonna, her mole, from the first moment I realized that it was painted on the wrong side, I also do not see a strong and firm attitude when she comes to wanting to look like Madonna, beyond that the pose can be imitated, the security when doing it, I perceive that it does not come out and everything remained in the pose nothing else (that can be seen in the video that she published). Besides, if this cannot be captured in a photo, I doubt that it will do so in a performance, much less singing, dancing, causing a confident attitude, strength and firmness is the main thing, beyond all makeup, bracelets, lace, etc. She also lacks natural sensuality that our M has, by the way, she should get into an urgent gym, because she looks very languid with Baby's legs, and M is the opposite.

Edited by GabOso
I deleted an instagram link that I over-posted (see edit history)

On 27/9/2020 at 15:24, NowRadiate said:

Ella es linda, pero esa pose de "boca abierta" necesita un poco de ensayo. Ahí es donde ella lo regala en el cajero automático. Lol de todos modos. Nitpicking aquí. Tenemos suerte si alguien desempeña este papel y nos da algo de energía de Madonna remota. Creo que tanto la mirada como la energía / movimientos / imitaciones / gestos. Todavía estoy alentando a este hasta ahora.

Exactamente, yo pienso lo mismo que tú, porque el suyo es un gesto actuado y fingido, y la sensualidad debe ser algo natural y ella no lo tiene, abre la boca de una manera que no es sensual ni natural como nuestra M.

Personally I am torn.

Of all the candidates, Anne looks definitely the most similar. But I had the same impression with Jamie Auld in the Breakfast Club doc and was so let down by her. No energy, no personality.

I admire Anne's determination, I started following her, but she can't just repost all the fans' stories. I think she should go a step further and recreate a full performance: we need to see her movements.

But let's be honest, none of them can be able to recreate a BAT performance, not Miley, not Gaga, not Lola, not Julia: for us there will never be noone like Madonna.

6 minutes ago, Enrico said:

But let's be honest, none of them can be able to recreate a BAT performance, not Miley, not Gaga, not Lola, not Julia: for us there will never be noone like Madonna.

That's why I find the biopic/screenplay route to be incredibly uninteresting.  It could work out, but it'll never be great like listening to M herself tell her own story for hours on end like in Truth or Dare, I'm Going to Tell You a Secret, etc.

It's why I love Mariah's memoirs audiobook which is basically her telling her life story complete with acapella snippets and back stories for 11 1/2 hrs that would never make it into a film.

Whatever we get from the biopic is likely to be surface level shallow, designed to appeal to the GP, and everything we know already portrayed by an obviously inferior imitation to M.  I just don't see it working out well since she's such a visual artist and it's all about the MUSIC and DANCE.  "She'll never be me" indeed.

2 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

Whatever we get from the biopic is likely to be surface level shallow, designed to appeal to the GP, and everything we know already portrayed by an obviously inferior imitation to M.  I just don't see it working out well since she's such a visual artist and it's all about the MUSIC and DANCE.  "She'll never be me" indeed.

I agree, I expect 35 dollars, the VMAs shoes... Martha Graham calling her Madame X.

Although in the IG live they talked about things we didn't know, like Paula in London.

What I hope is that going down memory lane pushes her to open the vaults, to release old songs, to publish her diaries instead of a perfume, to cherish her old catalogue and her legacy.

6 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I agree, I expect 35 dollars, the VMAs shoes... Martha Graham calling her Madame X.

I'm a little scared of this too, but I'm hoping Diablo will actually turn this into a great story. Not just hitting all the points that we've lived through. 

But like Ive said before, I honestly have NO IDEA HOW they are gonna pull this off.