Highlights in M's career from 2008-today

RebelHeart

Okay, we tend to focus on the negative sides since she had released Hard Candy... "she changed", "we want the old Madonna back" etc etc etc. :07:

But for now let's focus on the positive sides! What are your favorite moments in M's career after she released Hard Candy album? :01:

I will start:

1. 4 Minutes - I still love the song and the video, one of my faves

2. Sticky & Sweet Tour - I love that tour

3. Celebration - such a great song

4. Super Bowl - such an iconic moment

5. MDNA Tour - such a great tour

6. Madame X album - the first time I felt "the old Madonna" since COADF.

7. God Control - I had been waiting so long for a song like this from her

What are yours?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
  • Releasing some fantastic singles such as “4 Minutes”, “Give It 2 Me”, “Celebration”, “Masterpiece”, “Girl Gone Wild”, “Living for Love”, “Ghosttown”, “Bitch I’m Madonna” and “Medellín” almost 40 years into her career.
  • Earning the highest-grossing female solo tour of all time with the Sticky & Sweet Tour.
  • The Super Bowl.
  • Creating one of her most innovative, artistic, and controversial tours to date with The MDNA Tour.
  • The Rebel Heart era - showing the general public how she always gets back up, and for all of the fantastic interviews and TV performances we got.
  • Her going viral with “Bitch I’m Madonna”.
  • Billboard Woman of the Year Speech — potentially my favourite thing that Madonna has done this past decade.
  • Lots of fantastic album tracks — “Falling Free”, “Joan of Arc”, “Hold Tight” and “God Control” being some of my favourites.
  • While it may not be my favourite tour and not for everyone, she managed to re-invent her tours once again with the all-theatre Madame X Tour and it is one of her most acclaimed tours to date, and she did that 34 years after her first tour.

Hard Candy Era: 4 Minutes (song & video)

Superbowl 

MDNA Era: Girl Gone Wild (song & video), The MDNA tour - Gang Bang , Express Yourself/I Was Born This  Way (live performance)

Rebel Heart Era: Rebel Heart Tour - Iconic & Heartbreak City/Love Don‘t Live Here Anymore (live performances), a few of the interviews.

Madame X Era: I Rise & God Control (song & video), I Don‘t Search I Find & Frozen (live performances), a few of the interviews.

She's had so many...

- "4 Minutes" - her true last worldwide hit single to date.

- Sticky & Sweet Tour: she broke records with that one.

- The Super Bowl 2012: amazing show.

- MDNA Tour: her last big extravaganza show and a gift to the fans. Also her last true controversial tour generating headlines like in the old times.

- The "Rebel Heart" album: leaks, Brits and drama in general but an amazing collection of songs and material. And great promotion.

- "Medellín" video: a big and artistic production, a great work.

- "Madame X" album: when she finally didn't care and did whatever she wanted to do. Also, coming back to Mirwais.

- Eurovision 2019: I know this is controversial but to me, despite not being her best performance (ahem), it was a true Madonna moment. Israel wanted to "use" her for their own image, fans wanted glitter and vogueing... and Madonna just did whatever she wanted to do - as always. It was a "fuck you" moment. 100% Madonna.

- The theatre tour.

- "Levitating" Remix with Dua Lipa and Missy Elliott (those vocals and energy!).

- Her Instagram account. For better or for worse, it's kind of iconic now.

:cute:

- Scoring global hits into her 50s like "4 Minutes", "Give It 2 Me", "Celebration", "Girl Gone Wild" and "GMAYL".

- The record-breaking Sticky & Sweet Tour.

- The artistic MDNA Tour.

- Rocco drama aside, you could tell she was really enjoying herself during the Rebel Heart Tour, especially during the acoustic section with the surpise songs.

- The Superbowl Halftime Show, the most watched in history at the time.

- "Bitch I'm Madonna" smashing on YouTube 33 years into her career,

- The extensive Rebel Heart promo tour + gorgeous magazine covers.

- Nearly 40 songs from the Rebel Heart sessions - look, I don't condone the leaks but I'm sure it felt like Christmas for the thirsty fans.

- Excellent albums tracks like "Falling Free", "Wash All Over Me", "God Control", "Joan Of Arc", etc.

- The Madame X album - Her most acclaimed and experimental body of work since 2005 + 5 promotional music videos.

- The multiple albums covers for each release, great for a collector albeit expensive.

- 10 consecutive #1s on the Dance Club charts, extending her all-time record.

Rock and Roll Hall of fame induction

4 Minutes - huge hit!

Sticky & Sweet Tour - Her most successful tour ever!!

“Look it up!” - one of her funniest moments

Superbowl

MDNA Tour - Creatively brilliant

Brits fall - iconic moment

Bitch Im Madonna

Billboard Woman of the year speech

Women’s March - Iconic moment, Trump called her “disgusting”

Great topic.  I think all of Madonna’s tours are exceptional. Seeing her perform is the ultimate as a fan. Songs like Celebration, Ghosttown, Joan Of Arc, Devil Pray, Beautiful Killer, Medellin are just as good as anything from the Years before. I loved the Ghosttown video the most. The Super Bowl was a blast. Plus Paris Olympia is one of her ultimate performances too IMO. 

• 4 Minuets being a Massive hit for her
  • Sticky & Sweet Tour being the highest grossing tour for a female artist
  • Celebration (Her last top 10 hit in the uk)
  • Super Bowl
  • MDNA Tour being epic as hell
  • Rebel Heart leaking
  • Falling off the stage at the brits (not really a highlight but was all over the news)
  • Borderline performance on Fallon (I love it so much it makes me cry with joy)
  • Madame X (Her best album of the 2010s)

Highlight:

Induction to the Rock Hall of Fame

4 minutes

Sticky & Sweet Tour

Super bowl

Give Me All Your Luvin' (this single was her last Top 10 in America)

MDNA Tour

MTV Unplugged with Miley Cyrus

Grammy 2015

The promotion of Rebel Heart

Rebel Heart Tour

Bitch, I'm Madonna

Speech of the Woman of the year 2016

Met Gala 2018

Madame X (her most acclaimed album since Confessions)

BBMAs 2019

I Don't Search I Find (her fiftieth # 1 on dance floors in the US)

Biopic

Edited by Juan Moncada (see edit history)

• 4 Minutes popularity. It was huge!
  • Sticky & Sweet, an amazing, joyful and full of energy tour.
  • The Superbowl halftime show.
  • Gang Bang, the true outstanding of MDNA.
  • MDNA Tour, great show, very theatrical.
  • The Rebel Heart era promo. It was the best of her last albums, she was all over the world doing performances and interviews.
  • Madame X era. Literally everything about this era was flawless, the album, the music, the reinvention, the music videos, the theater tour. Beautiful, all of it!

Impact:

• Sticky & Sweet Tour
  • Superbowl

Artistic value:

• MDNA Tour
  • Madame X

Songs that are in the same league as the classics of 82/05 but not necessarily Hits IMHO:

• 4 Minutes
  • Give It 2 Me
  • She's Not Me
  • Celebration
  • I'm Addicted
  • Gang Bang
  • Love Spent
  • Living for Love
  • Devil Pray
  • Ghosttown
  • Medellín
  • God Control
  • Crave
  • Batuka
  • I Don't Search I Find

(And I think that Girl Gone Wild and Bitch I'm Madonna will be remembered points in her career but I still think both are shit).

Headlining Radio 1 Weekend for Hard Candy

Hard Candy the album was solid with some great tracks and totally different to Confessions

Had Candy Remixes  - 4 Minutes vs Prada Mash Up, Give It 2 Me v Bob Sinclair Mash Up, Miles Away Peter Rauhauffer Part 3 mix

S&S Tour

Superbowl

The MDNA Tracks - Beautiful Killer, Falling Free, Love Spent, I F* up 

MDNA Tour - Epic with some great moments and amazing energy. Great performance of Vogue, Like A Prayer and Celebration.

Rebel Heart Tour - The acoustic section was the highlight for me when she really connected with the audience so naturally and sang songs everyone in the room wanted to hear like Crazy For You, Secret, Frozen, Drowned World, Who's That Girl, Like A Prayer and Take A Bow. She did not need any dancers or screens just her as a raw performer again so natural and captivating to watch her perform such classic songs of hers like that.  Unpopular but Candy Shop worked so well on the Rebel Heart Tour with the best version and performance of it (but hopefully the last lol).

Tears of A Clown/Melbourne - A treat for fans would love the whole show to be available  

The Madame X Tracks - Extreme Occident - this song is just phenomenal. I Don't Search I Find.

The Madame X Remixes - Tracy Young Remixes of Crave and I Rise and the Honey Dijon remix of I Don't Search I Find

The Madame X Tour - Performances of Extreme Occident, I Don't Search I Find, Frozen and Future were stunning

Some may view it as a negative, but she increased collaborations. 

She became more experimental with her mechanical shows. Love Spent’s and Celebration’s metamorphosis at the MDNA tour, Beautiful Killer in France, Tears of a Clown, the “request section” in the Sticky & Sweet tour. Her speaking out on social issues... TBH I kinda felt her speeches during the MDNA tour were a fad because Lady Gaga came out and was extremely vocal for the gays among other things... her speeches didn’t really connect with me so much... with the rise of right wing politicians in France, and the rainbow stint in Russia... I wasn’t really loving it yet. But I can say now, after Trump being elected and seeing how we’re seeing white nationalists feel empowered in the United States... she was definitely noticing a trend WAY before I was aware. And I am appreciating her willingness to appear normal. With her family... on her Instagram... she’s still eccentric, yes... but she’s much more of a REAL person to me. Sometimes boring... I welcome it. I think she does too.