QUESTION(S) : Erotica video

deathproof

Guest DeeperDeeper

They showed an edited version of the video on commercial T.V. in Australia as a once off special, then they showed it after 11pm on ABC's Rage music show after that. 

From memory it was edited in Australia. Never showed Madonna's tits or pussy or any guys bums or the dungeon scenes etc... 

24 minutes ago, AModSquad said:

I think there's some confusion about the "edited" and "X-rated" version.

The "edited" version was not "edited" because the x-rated was too much for MTV or other video channels.  It is the main version.

The X-rated version was supposed to be a video single to that was scheduled for Holiday season of 1992 once Erotica took off and became a huge hit.  I remember this well, because, I had it on pre-order at my local record store which had it on order through their distributor.  I also remember being upset when they told me that the product was cancelled.

Unfortunately, the triple threat Erotica, Sex, and Body of Evidence didnt give her the results she was expecting so they canceled the X-rated version video single from coming out.

Yeah she should've think twice or ever three times before accepting even considering Body! 

4 hours ago, AModSquad said:

I think there's some confusion about the "edited" and "X-rated" version.

The "edited" version was not "edited" because the x-rated was too much for MTV or other video channels.  It is the main version.

The X-rated version was supposed to be a video single to that was scheduled for Holiday season of 1992 once Erotica took off and became a huge hit.  I remember this well, because, I had it on pre-order at my local record store which had it on order through their distributor.  I also remember being upset when they told me that the product was cancelled.

Yeah the non-nudity version, which being an American is what I always referred to as the “official video.” As it was always the one widely available. I had no idea the explicit nude version aired in so many countries.

I only started this thread because I read recently that the UK aired a shortened version of the non-nude version during daytime tv, but I couldn’t find any factual evidence of that happening.

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Yeah the non-nudity version, which being an American is what I always referred to as the “official video.” As it was always the one widely available. I had no idea the explicit nude version aired in so many countries.

I only started this thread because I read recently that the UK aired a shortened version of the non-nude version during daytime tv, but I couldn’t find any factual evidence of that happening.

There are in fact, 4 edits of the video of which I know and have...

First is the main version or "edited" version. This is the one with no full frontal nudity.

Then there are 2 different edits of the X-Rated version. The second of which has alternative editing in the first half of the video. Some of the same shots are used but in a different order except for alternative shots of M shooting the pics with her in the infamous leather dominatrix bondage leotard, legs open, licking her riding crop. The video also opens with an 'advisory' message asking viewers "to call it a night" if they are offended by fantasies etc. This was clearly taken from a VHS tape and is perhaps the edit intended for the scrapped VHS release @AModSquadmentioned (maybe it's from a promo copy of the release?)

The fourth is a 4:31 edit from Promo Only. It's an edit of the main version so no nudity and could be the shortened version you are referring to @deathproof?

26 minutes ago, Eternal2015 said:

Then there are 2 different edits of the X-Rated version. The second of which has alternative editing in the first half of the video. Some of the same shots are used but in a different order except for alternative shots of M shooting the pics with her in the infamous leather dominatrix bondage leotard, legs open, licking her riding crop. The video also opens with an 'advisory' message asking viewers "to call it a night" if they are offended by fantasies etc. This was clearly taken from a VHS tape and is perhaps the edit intended for the scrapped VHS release @AModSquadmentioned (maybe it's from a promo copy of the release?)

Do you have this alternate version of thr x-rated version?

Guest DeeperDeeper
3 hours ago, deathproof said:

I’m glad she didn’t. She would have been dragged for it in recent years

Its from the series of photos of her with Naomi Campbell and Big Daddy Kane. Which appear in the book.

9 hours ago, Eternal2015 said:

There are in fact, 4 edits of the video of which I know and have...

First is the main version or "edited" version. This is the one with no full frontal nudity.

The fourth is a 4:31 edit from Promo Only. It's an edit of the main version so no nudity and could be the shortened version you are referring to @deathproof?

Oh true I have that and did'nt notice, that's 24 sec longer1802685319_ScreenShot2020-10-06at07_41_20.png.31880baf32fbc2837c98a06cf5b2470e.png

22 hours ago, deathproof said:

Isn’t this one fan made? I’ve never seen it on lists being marked as official 

Technically it's not "fan" made as it's a professional DJ service and distributed world wide. They frequently have exclusive edits and exclusive remix videos but i'm not sure if they are from the record company? 

Into The Groove also has a longer PO version 

On 10/5/2020 at 8:12 AM, Ashley said:

They showed an edited version of the video on commercial T.V. in Australia as a once off special, then they showed it after 11pm on ABC's Rage music show after that. 

From memory it was edited in Australia. Never showed Madonna's tits or pussy or any guys bums or the dungeon scenes etc... 

So that is the main version - there is no tits and puss in the main version that you can see in the celebration dvd

Guest DeeperDeeper
1 hour ago, AModSquad said:

So that is the main version - there is no tits and puss in the main version that you can see in the celebration dvd

As we've come to learn, yes. Back in the early 90s it would have been super hard to even know that there were different videos and remixes or what promo items were out there.... You basically had to be a OCD Madonna fan to even get a whiff of what was really available back then. 

8 hours ago, Arckangel said:

@EgoRod@Eternal2015There is also another version synched to the Underground Club Mix. I once saw it on a French Canadian music channel called MusiquePlus. I suppose it's official. Anyone here has it? That version is more censored than the main video but still nice.

I guess is one of the mix Dj videos.