Madonna refused to work with David Guetta

madenis

1 hour ago, madenis said:

So Madonna planned to work with David Guetta for an album (probably MDNA) but changed her mind when she asked him his astrological sign and he answered scorpio lol

(he start to talk about her at 6:30)

The star sign thing must be messing around as yes Madonna & Guetta wrote and recorded a track together under the Warner deal but because she was out of a record deal... so ...

But we have Guetta on Celebration and Revolver..

the star sign must be just a joke, but it's actually quite a relief to know that she DOES have the ability to say "no" to things at this point...

1 hour ago, Fighter said:

So it could've been worse...

hard to believe we should actually be partially thankful for what we got hahaha

It' so strange. He tells the story that he made the remix of Revolver, won a grammy for the remix then she called him and said she wants to invite him for a dinner at her home to discuss because she wants him to produce her next album. He went to her house for the dinner, they were just the two of them, face to face, they chat a lot about music, she told him what she wanted for the album, they listened to some music and everything was perfectly fine unti... the coffer at the end of the dinner ; she asked him what's his astrological sign and he naturally answered scorpio and suudendly she went livid ! And she said straight to him "then i won't work with you". He was like really ? She said yes aboslutely. It' the first time he tells that story but he's happy to have had a dinner with her.

I know she's really into astrology but wow ! It' so strange, considering she then worked with several scorpio producers after that...

I mean I empathize with Madge; I have no time for Scorpios, or worse, Geminis.  But it's hypocritical of her to turn him down just for that when she's worked with plenty of Scorpios and even dated some. 

But it's also sad because as much as people here seem to dislike David Guetta, I'm confident that MDNA would've been better if he'd produced some of the songs on it.

20 minutes ago, Love Is The Groove said:

I find it incredibly hard to believe that M is that trivial to refuse work with somebody because of their astrological sign. 

I mean this is Madge we're talking about; she's practiced Kabbalah and yoga, and had an interest in Hinduism and Buddhism for a while too. So would it really be hard to believe that she believes in astrology?

1 hour ago, Nahual said:

I mean this is Madge we're talking about; she's practiced Kabbalah and yoga, and had an interest in Hinduism and Buddhism for a while too. So would it really be hard to believe that she believes in astrology?

Well no shit. Of course she has a belief in astrology. I was saying that it's unlikely that she would be petty and trivial enough to refuse work with a producer just because they have a different astrological sign. Madonna's more mature than that I would think.

Then again there was the whole Gaga feud she ignited so I wouldn't entirely put it past her.

1 hour ago, Ulisaax640 said:

wait but didn't she also refused to work with RedOne because of lady gaga? 

Is that a fact or an assumption? Because even taking into account the Gaga feud, I feel like maybe one of the reasons why Madge didn't want to work with RedOne was because he had become overexposed by that point. And frankly, I'm sort of glad that Madge stayed away from RedOne since his productions didn't age well imo.

3 hours ago, OhBabyReadyOrNot said:

I believe Madge would be that petty. She broke off her friendship with Gwyneth Paltrow because she didn't like the same art as Madge. Some "friend".

Schitts Creek Eww GIF by CBC

There must more to it... most of my friends dislike Madonna but it wouldn't be my reason to say bye bye baby....