Her best live vocals from 1982 till now?

Holy Water 94

8 minutes ago, Levon said:

Technically it might be the Evita era. But I love her voice when it sounds not too perfect, more fragile and broken (Oh Father, You'll See, This Used to Be My Playground, Masterpiece).

Yeah but live vocals is what i am asking and she never sang This Used To Be... live ?

Oscars 1991. She was possessed  by something that night!

Her Girlie Show Tour vocals are very impressive, too. At least in the two official video recordings (Australia and Japan) she sounds amazing.

It's funny how the "Ray Of Light" era is one her peaks but vocally had mostly shaky performances: VMAs, EMAs, Grammy Awards 1999... She was quite good in "El Séptimo de Caballería" (TV Show) in Spain, so I guess she's just human and can get nervous in big venues:

The "Rebel Heart" promo performances were very good vocally, too, especially "Ghosttown".

37 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Oscars 1991. She was possessed  by something that night!

Her Girlie Show Tour vocals are very impressive, too. At least in the two official video recordings (Australia and Japan) she sounds amazing.

It's funny how the "Ray Of Light" era is one her peaks but vocally had mostly shaky performances: VMAs, EMAs, Grammy Awards 1999... She was quite good in "El Séptimo de Caballería" (TV Show) in Spain, so I guess she's just human and can get nervous in big venues:

The "Rebel Heart" promo performances were very good vocally, too, especially "Ghosttown".

I always thought that her voice in Septimo de Caballería was a tone down compared to the album version. But somehow, it was beautiful and powerful. 

For me, her live-voice peak was during the Drowned World Tour! 

Mother and Father / Intervention from the official release is quite stunning. 

I love husky voiced M from the Who's That Girl tour. The Look of Love, the title track, Live To Tell, Open Your Heart are all fantastic. 

Oh Father from Blond Ambition is so raw. Really stunning. 

Sooner Or Later at the Oscars, another highlight. Bad Girl was remarkable. Jazzy voice M was so underused in live shows. 

Overall, Re-Invention Tour is where she delivered her best live vocals for me, Drowned World Tour is good in general as well. After that she declined as the tours went on.

Pre-Evita I think that The Girlie Show as very good, and of course Sooner or Later at the Oscars, Express Yourself at the VMA's are highlights for me. The Virgin tour as decent too. Who's That Girl and Blond suffered from intense coreography and lack of technique/singing out of her comfort zone

Her "not trained" voice sounded great on The Girlie Show and after Evita (I still wish she had done DCFMA or Die Another Day live at some point during promos), she sang wonderfully throughout Ray of Light to COADF, with the live at Koko, "Madonna: On Stage and on the Record for American Life" on MTV being and this among the best things:

Then, she did a good job on the MDNA tour save for the Olympia

Now I enjoy her candid snippets on social, especially this one (when was that again?):

Batuka, KWAP, Extreme Occident & Frozen were amazing on Madame X. CANT WAIT FOR THE LIVE ALBUM.

But my favourite will be:

PS:I want Rescue Me.

madonna sounded best during DWT. she has always been very inconsistent with her live vocals. that tour, however, was a cumulation of technique and confidence.

with RIT, while still technically good, she started to lose some of her vocal brightness, singing many more songs in a lower key. i suppose that was due to age.

On 10/7/2020 at 4:31 PM, TonyMontana said:

I totally agree. This is hands down her best live vocals ever. This is what i show to anybody who says Madonna can't sing.

Vocally, pitch and tone is brilliant but the timing is out unfortunately. 

for I'd say You'll See on DWT is her best live vocal.

am I the only one who LOVES her vocals on "Lucky Star" during the Who's That Girl Tour!?

"Cause you shiiiiine on me, wherever you are." That part! So powerful, so guttural!

The vocals on the Tokyo show don't even compare since it's the beginning of the tour and perhaps she didn't wear out her voice yet. To me, the Tokyo vocals are too polished lol. I prefer my raw, worn out, deep, and guttural Madonna vocals at the end of her world tours!

But yeah, this for me has got to be one of her best live vocals and one of her best tours! 

And the best performance of "Lucky Star." The energy and the command!

6 hours ago, kingcarlo818 said:

am I the only one who LOVES her vocals on "Lucky Star" during the Who's That Girl Tour!?

"Cause you shiiiiine on me, wherever you are." That part! So powerful, so guttural!

The vocals on the Tokyo show don't even compare since it's the beginning of the tour and perhaps she didn't wear out her voice yet. To me, the Tokyo vocals are too polished lol. I prefer my raw, worn out, deep, and guttural Madonna vocals at the end of her world tours!

But yeah, this for me has got to be one of her best live vocals and one of her best tours! 

And the best performance of "Lucky Star." The energy and the command!

I prefer Tokyo but yes, I prefer this to anything on BAT or GS!