What do you think of Drowned World Tour setlist?

RebelHeart

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I haven’t made loads of changes but this would be my setlist.

01. “Drowned World/Substitute for Love”
02. “Impressive Instant”
03. “Candy Perfume Girl”
04. “Beautiful Stranger” / “Amazing”
05. “Ray of Light

06. “Paradise (Not for Me)” (Interlude)

07. “Frozen”
08. “Take a Bow”
09. “Nothing Really Matters”
10. “Mer Girl” / “Sky Fits Heaven” / “Mer Girl” (Reprise)

11. “Runaway Lover” (Interlude)

12. “Don’t Tell Me”
13. “Human Nature”
14. “What It Feels Like For a Girl”
15. “Secret”
16. “Gone”

17. “Don’t Cry for Me Argentina” (Interlude)

18. “I Want You”
19. “La Isla Bonita”
20. “You’ll See” / “Verás”
21. “Holiday”
22. “Music”

Guest DeeperDeeper
44 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

One of her best best tours ever and one of my favorites. It couldn't have been more perfect. I loved all the costuming too and set designs. I wouldn't change anything. I especially loved the bag pipes...and the Don't Tell Me, Holiday and Music performances.

The bag pipes were on The Reinvention Tour. 

7 hours ago, PatrickSamuel said:

I think the setlist and how the songs were brought to life made for a beautifully dark show. There's nothing I would add or subtract from it. Even the WIFLFAG interlude had a purpose which flowed with the story. The fact that You'll See was only performed a couple of time made it all the more special. The intro at the start of the show is perhaps my favourite, I love how it blends excerpts from a handful of songs together with William Orbit peices. Human Nature is reallu impressive here, as is La Isla Bonita. Music and Holiday are so energetic. It's just a perfect show and a great way to showcase her talent after such a long time away from touring.

Yes to everything. :05:

Here's my alternate version of the tour I've just included more songs from (ROL, Music, Bedtime Stories, Something To Remember & Evita)

ACT 1: Cyber-Punk

01."Drowned World"
02."Impressive Instant"
03."Candy Perfume Girl" / "Justify My Love"
04."Beautiful Stranger"
05."Ray Of Light"

ACT 2: Geisha 

06."Paradise (Not For Me)" (Interlude)

07."Frozen" (Stereo MC's Mix)
08."Nothing Really Matters"
09."Mer Girl" / "Sky Fits Heaven" / "Mer Girl" (Reprise)

ACT 3: Cowgirl / Wild West

10."What It Feels Like For a Girl" (Above & Beyond Mix) (Interlude)

11."Secret"
12."Don't Tell Me"
13."Human Nature"
14."I Deserve It"
15."You'll See"

ACT 4: Hindu / Middle Eastern

16."Cyberraga" (Interlude)

17."Shanti/Ashtangi"
18."Skin"
19."Bedtime Story" (Orbital Mix)
20."Like a Prayer"

ACT 5: Spanish

21."You Must Love Me" (Interlude)

22."Lo Que Siente La Mujer"
23."La Isla Bonita"
24."Don't Cry For Me Argentina"
25."Take a Bow"

ENCORE

26."Holiday"
27."Music"

Why Frozen was the Stero Mc's remix??
I never undestood why she tends to include a remix of the first actual single instead of the album version that everyone recognises... Like a prayer was remixed, Erotica too, Frozen, American life, Celebration, Give me all your luvin'... even Living for love! 

48 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Why Frozen was the Stero Mc's remix??
I never undestood why she tends to include a remix of the first actual single instead of the album version that everyone recognises... Like a prayer was remixed, Erotica too, Frozen, American life, Celebration, Give me all your luvin'... even Living for love! 

I think it's to help to create an atmosphere within the theme. Frozen was in the action electronic part, so she vamped it up a bit. Same when she does the latin parts and make everyhting with a latin hint

DWT was kind of an acquired taste for me. I wasn't very impressed with it at first but I ended up really liking it. Madge's energy was great and I could tell she was really connected to the audience and having a good time.

I thought the song selection was great! It jelled well together and it really didn't need a lot of her older hits to make it complete.

For me it's a very special show but I have to be very in the mood for it to fully enjoy it. I feel like some moments are kind of lackluster but that's just my view. I would also have added more singles and hits but I guess this tour is intended to have this kind of unique feel for die-hard stans.

Anyway, regarding the lack of hits and classics, she really made up for it on the Re-Invention tour, which has my fave setlist, even though it's so full of hits that it feels more like a career tour rather than an album tour, but then again she makes up for it on the Confessions tour.

• 2 months later...