More maxis coming on streaming: "Justify My Love" + "Rescue Me"

Prayer

Guest DeeperDeeper
37 minutes ago, deathproof said:

2019-05-Edith-eNews-broken-vinyl-record.

I wonder what the Simon Wiesenthal Center or ADL would think of the remix with that quotation from Revelations being re-released again. 

10 hours ago, steady75 said:

Seems a bit late for those two to hit streaming as they miss their anniversary and In truth it should be her top 5 best songs of all time miss Deeper & Deeper hitting streaming on that date.

but the additional mixes let me live some.

It gives me hope that there could be the FULL Deeper & Deeper mixes for £13.99 on iTunes loooool

• Deeper And Deeper (Shep's Deep Makeover Mix)9:07
  • Deeper And Deeper (Shep's Deep Bass Dub)5:00
  • Deeper And Deeper (Shep's Deeper Dub)6:08
  • Deeper And Deeper (Shep's Classic 12")7:26
  • Deeper And Deeper (Shep's Fierce Deeper Dub)5:59
  • Deeper And Deeper (Shep's Deep Beats)2:57
  • Deeper And Deeper (David's Klub Mix)7:39
  • Deeper And Deeper (David's Love Dub)5:37
  • Deeper And Deeper (David's Deeper Dub)5:22
  • Deeper And Deeper (David's Classic 12")7:02
  • Deeper And Deeper (Momo's Fantasy)2:55
  • Deeper And Deeper (Shep's Deepstrumental)5:31

But in truth Id rather have the UK single and Davids Klub Mix Edit.

Streaming will literally be screaming GAY RIGHTS when Sheps Classic 12" and David Klub mix hit. 

Me In the supermarket

WaterloggedApprehensiveChrysalis-size_re

Me in the queue for the covid vaccine 

FNj2ED.gif

Live footage of me streaming the mixes 

tumblr_lpb3h9fVGv1qfgkudo3_250.gif

Me if we have to wait til 2022 for the 30th anniversary before they hit Spotify

BlandHastyAardvark-size_restricted.gif

OMG LOVE IT

15 hours ago, Ashley said:

REALLY!? 

Let's just see if that line is still included or has been edited out. 

Because it's going to be very difficult for her to defend herself in 2020.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1991-01-04-ca-7949-story.html

These digital maxis are completely low key releases, general public don't care (or know) about them and even most fans don't know they're being released. Apart from rare cases like the 12'' Mix of "Vogue" (75.000 streams). most of the remixes are around 10.000-15.000 streams on Spotify so far, which is not great - quite bad, actually.

Some remixes have pops/clicks like the Junior's Sound Factory Mix at the end. Nobody is checking them before uploading, just taking the masters, putting a clean cover without all the "CD single/CD Maxi/etc" and that's it.

No one cares and of course they're not gonna edit shit for "The Beast Within". :smile: No one will notice, anyway.

But we'll see!

The way the woman has used this song to edge me repeatedly for years on so many occasions.

I never understand why this song is so neglected. It’s epic, it’s ballsy, it’s a journey, a mood. It has her best lyrics of any song she’s ever written and most other songs and contains her best power vocal, a husky verse and the best ad libs of her career. Plus a choir.

It also broke billboard chart history and was played way before it was released. How has it been so neglected?

On 10/26/2020 at 3:33 PM, deathproof said:

:thumbsup: 

thats so weird that it states its the 9:29 version. i'm assuming this is a mistake on their part.

hope it all works out!

I remember reading this on Bertrand's page

Groove Armada Club Mix (4:16)**

**Edited version from 2020 digital release

We already had the Groove Armada Club Mix aka Groove Armada's Flagship Dub (9:31)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 12:36 PM, steady75 said:

The way the woman has used this song to edge me repeatedly for years on so many occasions.

I never understand why this song is so neglected. It’s epic, it’s ballsy, it’s a journey, a mood. It has her best lyrics of any song she’s ever written and most other songs and contains her best power vocal, a husky verse and the best ad libs of her career. Plus a choir.

It also broke billboard chart history and was played way before it was released. How has it been so neglected?

Yeah. Madonna delivered power vocals there, and they were stunning! It's also of the house genre (gospel-house to be exact) like Vogue and would sound great in concert. Yeah...

Listening. The Beast Within is not censored.

Also... Interesting Madonna ended getting a full songwriting credit for Justify My Love (all versions, and the song is now also published by Webo Girl according to the Celebration booklet) but not Papa Don't Preach; in both cases, Madonna was credited for additional lyrics in the albums' liner notes.

Also... Madonna was a lapsed Catholic when she conceived this, so it's interesting she'd read such verses that refer to damnation and Hellfire, that condemn fornication, sorcery and idolatry...

Edited by Arckangel (see edit history)

For those interested, Ingrid Chavez has just released her own studio recording of “Justify My Love” on her bandcamp page. I’ve not listened to it yet but I’m assuming it’s the re-recorded version she did a few years ago rather than the original demo, which I believe was lost once back in 1990. The link I was sent isn’t working and it seems to not be available but when it is I’ll post a link to it here.

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 09.28.39.png

I apologise to all those I debated with in regards to the The Beast Within remix, you were right it was released uncensored with the controversial lyrics.