More maxis coming on streaming: "Justify My Love" + "Rescue Me"

Prayer

Just now, deathproof said:

Did you change your username because of this?

Also, why did you remove your handsome profile pic?

No, I wanted my old account deleted (I don't want to be a member of this forum anymore) and didn't realise Fighter had done it. For some reason I had a browser open and saw this thread and thought I should at least admit the others I was debating with on this topic were proved to be right. 

4 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

For those interested, Ingrid Chavez has just released her own studio recording of “Justify My Love” on her bandcamp page. I’ve not listened to it yet but I’m assuming it’s the re-recorded version she did a few years ago rather than the original demo, which I believe was lost once back in 1990. The link I was sent isn’t working and it seems to not be available but when it is I’ll post a link to it here.

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 09.28.39.png

There's a preview of this on iTunes:

https://music.apple.com/es/album/justify-my-love-single/1541336172

Sounds good! We need to thank Ingrid (and Lenny) for opening that new door to Madonna... without "Justify My Love" there would be no "Erotica".

About "The Beast Within" I told you they wouldn't edit anything. They didn't even care to put the explicit label on the Hip Hop Mix ("fuck me" :lol:).

HQ cover from TIDAL:

1280x1280.jpg

Truly one of her best singles artworks EVER :hearteyes:

I have to say I'm pretty surprised at just how few streams these EP's are getting. Most tracks average below 10k and we're talking about those that have been out for 3 months now. Only a couple have hit the dizzying heights of 15-20k streams per track with only the odd version doing the numbers like Vogue 12" and single edit.

Cumulativley they'll improve her streaming numbers a bitty and i"m glad to have them at last but the low numbers....

tenor.gif?itemid=9469986

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I can't say I'm surprised if the streaming numbers are low. The maxi-singles are being released pretty randomly and they're only getting promoted on Twitter like a day after they're uploaded on streaming services. It's better than nothing of course though.

Yeah, streaming figures are quite low but there hasn't been a proper campaign, not even on social media. And I guess those are meant to be low key releases anyway, I was checking Mariah's numbers for her M30 singles and yeah, some of the remixes are above but she has most of them around 5k-10k (some of them even less than 3.000 streams). And the M30 singles were part of a social media campaign celebrating the 30th anniversary since her first album, as far as I know.

I guess with paid downloads they're doing better. I've seen all the Madonna's maxis so far on the Top 10 or Top 20 on iTunes Spain (not a lot of copies nowadays to get there but at least there's some interest and sales). And profit from sales are much larger than streaming.

Yeah, but taking into account ONLY streaming numbers is ridiculous.

I own the maxi and do you know how often ive listened to the Orbit mix of JML?

But of course, that will never be presented  in statistics.

Most artists will agree that PURCHASING an album or song gives them more revenue, which is why I encourage people to buy their music.

Streaming is like eating at a restaurant then getting up and leaving. And when the waiter stops you, you say eating is a human need and the cook's job is to make food....then throwing him like, a dollar.

You wouldnt walk into a museum, steal a painting and hang it in your living room just because you feel thats what youre entitled to. Well, thats what companies like Spotify allow you to do.

So, fuck their numbers.

Mmm I understand your point of view but streaming and subscriptions are here to stay, not only in music. And making her catalogue available for new fans to discover and old fans to listen to - if they want to - is the right thing to do.

Also, the majors have agreements with Spotify to get larger profits than independent labels and of course independent artists.

I prefer paying for my digital downloads to support the artist and "own" the music but streaming is convenient and of course more popular. And if you want to support the artist you're gonna end up doing it in the end: buying merchandise, or the (now overpriced) vinyl releases, or a concert ticket (well, soon I hope), etc.

Finding the JML maxi on Amazon was wild. It’s not listed as a new release like the others were, and finding it on her album list it was randomly somewhere in the middle. That said I forgot how fucking delicious Shep’s remix is on this maxi. It sounds sooo good.

Speaking of streaming and remixes - on Amazon Music at least - the only Victor Calderone remix available is Beautiful Stranger on the Austin Powers soundtrack. I hope we get more of his remixes eventually.

1 hour ago, PaperFaces said:

Streaming is like eating at a restaurant then getting up and leaving. And when the waiter stops you, you say eating is a human need and the cook's job is to make food....then throwing him like, a dollar.

You wouldnt walk into a museum, steal a painting and hang it in your living room just because you feel thats what youre entitled to. Well, thats what companies like Spotify allow you to do.

It's really not the same. Thats a very silly comparison tbqh.

It's like saying a gym membership is not worth it, and you are better off spending thousands of dollars on gym equipment for your home.

Streaming reaches a much LARGER audience, and exposes people to MILLIONS of albums and songs. In this day and age, we consume much more music than ever before, thanks to streaming.

It's actually a great thing. I still love physical music and continue to buy it, but i dont spit on streaming like its dirt lol.

The only problem with streaming and it's a major problem, is artists don't get their fair share. Yesterday everybody was publishing their Spotify year end lists and some artists said that from the millions of streams they have they only get 40$ at best. Spotify and record companies are making millions with this and the people who did all the work get nothing. It's exactly like in journalism when editors tell you they won't pay you for your work because they give you exposure. There will come a time when artists won't produce anything and that's especially hard on newcomers. It's not the tool that is a problem, it's a fantastic tool, it's the greed of the owners of the tool that is the problem. And i know for sure that this is the reason why we don't get Madonna reeditions. 

I wonder how many Madonna fans listen to her music on streaming. She has a big catalog and not all the material is on those platforms, I think I prefer to buy everything and not being surprised if one day I enter on Spotify and the record that I like is not there anymore (like I'm Going To Tell You A Secret). 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 hours ago, Matty said:

Are we getting the HD video as well? 

Probably at some point. They seem to take time after the anniversaries with some videos. Hung Up was uploaded like a month after the actual anniversary.