More maxis coming on streaming: "Justify My Love" + "Rescue Me"

Prayer

On 12/6/2020 at 4:17 AM, Prayer said:

No, they're exactly the same as far as I know. Same mastering as the original releases.

And THANK GOD! It's better to turn up the volume and enjoy the original songs as we knew them than having a bad remastering job like "Celebration".

Yeah, I've had to turn up my computers' volume. You're right. Maybe better to release them as they are.

Edited by Arckangel (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It's an error

Yeah. That said, the Titanic Vocal version has a "So now what?" sample from Justify My Love. I guess that could earn them a credit, but wouldn't that be a sampling credit? In some cases, sampling credits can evolve into writing credits. That said, as you wrote, it must be an error or all versions would not credit them.

Edited by Arckangel (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Yeah. That said, the Titanic Vocal version has a "So now what?" sample from Justify My Love. I guess that could earn them a credit, but wouldn't that be a sampling credit? In some cases, sampling credits can evolve into writing credits. That said, as you wrote, it must be an error or all versions would not credit them.

Ingrid and Lenny had nothing to do with "Rescue Me", it's definitely a mistake, they've mixed writing credits with "Justify My Love"! They're in all the remixes. Weird.

On 12/10/2020 at 4:43 PM, Future Lover said:

The Alternate Single Mix is identical to the one from the Japanese Single Collection, just checked. I wouldn't be surprised if they are using our Remixology thread as a source for these files!

I don't think the "Alternate Single Mix" it's from the Japanese Single Collection, it's 5:05 there but 5:07 in this digital maxi release.

The 1st track should be tagged as "Single Mix". :) 

On 10/27/2020 at 1:06 PM, PaperFaces said:

Here is 7Digital’a reply to the « Music » issue:

Hi there,

I am sorry for the issue you've encountered. We have tested the download and can confirm that there is an error with it. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and apologize if it's caused any inconvenience.

A redelivery from the record label has now been requested, so as soon as we get the corrected version, we'll upload it to our stores. We can't, however, give you a specific date for this, so we don't know when it will be fixed, unfortunately. In this position, I can only offer you an exchange for a download of similar retail value.

Please be aware that in case if you decide to proceed with an exchange we will need to remove the corrupted album from your account. Let me know which item you would prefer.

Best regards,
Sergey

So, hopefully Warner corrects it.

I wouldn't hold out any hope of 7digital correcting this issue. I had a similar issue with a different mix and 7digital Ireland wrote the exact same response to me word-for-word, as they did to a friend in the US for a completely separate, similar issue. It's a bog-standard cut-and-paste reply that they send. Believe me, they have no intention of contacting the record company to source a new file. I haven't checked the page for the file but I'm sure they've made no effort to correct the error?

Honestly, they are the pits

Edited by cf80irl (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I don't think the "Alternate Single Mix" it's from the Japanese Single Collection, it's 5:05 there but 5:07 in this digital maxi release.

I put them into Audacity, aligned and inverted one of them and they canceled each other out. Maybe not the same duration, but definitely the same.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Never, never, NEVER trust in the running time. Always are wrong. For example: Express Yourself (Remix/Edit) is 5:01 but it's mislabeled as 4:50 on the CD and 7'' vinyl. The same with the "Non-Stop Express Mix". It's 7:58 and it's always mislabeled as 7:54.

And many tracks have more or less silence before start the song (Album, Maxi, Single, Digital download, etc). This also happens at the end. So the same version can have between one or five seconds of difference. Even sometimes the same version can have different speed (imperceptible, but there it is) and the longer the song is, the differences between the running time are greater. Remember, Madonna recorded many songs in the analog era. 

I'm sorry, english is not my first language so I don't know if I've explained this well in english.

24 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Never, never, NEVER trust in the running time. Always are wrong. For example: Express Yourself (Remix/Edit) is 5:01 but it's mislabeled as 4:50 on the CD and 7'' vinyl. The same with the "Non-Stop Express Mix". It's 7:58 and it's always mislabeled as 7:54.

And many tracks have more or less silence before start the song (Album, Maxi, Single, Digital download, etc). This also happens at the end. So the same version can have between one or five seconds of difference. Even sometimes the same version can have different speed (imperceptible, but there it is) and the longer the song is, the differences between the running time are greater. Remember, Madonna recorded many songs in the analog era. 

I'm sorry, english is not my first language so I don't know if I've explained this well in english.

Could you tell me if there is a difference between Holiday (US 7", 1983 - 3.50 min) and Holiday (Canada 7", 1983 - 4.04 min)? Were those just incorrect labels?

Completely off-topic, sorry ?

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

I know! :) But I was comparing the running time between the "Rescue Me" digital EP version and my local file ripped from the Japanese CD Single Collection, not any tracklist or info on Discogs. 

But you're absolutely right, I just checked the audio and they're the same, only difference is the now released version has 2 extra seconds of silence ending.

(Got to say I love all this weird "is it the same version as or...?" stuff, it drives me mad but I love it at the same time).

Laugh Lol GIF

I'm hoping for "Keep It Together", but maybe they'll stretch their imaginations and put "Remixed Prayers" out. I would love them to go even earlier, but that would require Madonna's gay intern getting the rights and lossless files of those lovely Japanese EPs (which I feel they have already, since they reissued them on vinyl). What everyone is hoping for, obviously, are remasters and proper sourcing. Get Stuart Price's stems STAT.

6 hours ago, GhostOrchid said:

I wonder why they chose to include the "Demanding Dub" as a bonus and leave the others out? I mean was it more popular, or significant in any other way?

Why don't they just give us all. I mean it's only 3 more tracks

The Demanding Dub was released commercially on the European maxi-single, so maybe they just wanted to be nice to the rest of the world. :)

The other dubs were strictly promo mixes...

19 hours ago, Arckangel said:

I'm thinking that they just used the same template for Rescue Me that they used for Justify My Love and forgot to change a field.

7 hours ago, GhostOrchid said:

I wonder why they chose to include the "Demanding Dub" as a bonus and leave the others out?

Probably because that's the only one previously released on CD and they couldn't be arsed to find a digital source for the others :( 

21 hours ago, bertrand said:

Probably because that's the only one previously released on CD and they couldn't be arsed to find a digital source for the others :( 

Are we even sure they are not just using CD rips for these uploads? Everything was digitally transferred a long time ago so it seems curious it's just the same stuff... Ranting mode off :)

1 hour ago, louis.exe said:

so what's next?

A gag would be a stream / download

mini album of her 12” remixes up to 88. 

Everybody (remix)

Angel (Dance Mix)

Gambler (Extended)

Open Your Heart (12” remix”

Who’s That Girl (12” remix)

Causing A Commotion (Silver Screen Mix)

Spotlight (unmixed)

wrap up the early years nicely.