How are you like Madonna?

Voguerista

We are all like Madonna in some way. Would you agree? If so, how are you like Madonna?

I would say we share a somewhat "visual" eye together in a way creatively (as a photographer, I'm always looking for that perfect shot). We also have the same taste in SHOES ...and lipstick! :kiss:

I don't think we share that much in common, actually. I suppose I can be very determined when I want something, but I feel like that's a trait that applies to everyone, rather than it being a trait that I associate with just Madonna. I absolutely loathe hydrangeas though, so that's something we have in common I guess?

I don’t give a F*** at what people think of me. After being bullied during my childhood and teenage years I built a thick skin so all the negativity just slides on my back. Madonna taught us that it’s ok to be different,to be the outsider. From difference comes richness,creativity. If everyone was the same the world would be so boring. So Express yourself and Dare to be who you are. We all are great in our own way.Peace. And remember that Music makes the people come together. Yeah.

9 minutes ago, cybertotor said:

I don’t give a F*** at what people think of me. After being bullied during my childhood and teenage years I built a thick skin so all the negativity just slides on my back. Madonna taught us that it’s ok to be different,to be the outsider. From difference comes richness,creativity. If everyone was the same the world would be so boring. So Express yourself and Dare to be who you are. We all are great in our own way.Peace. And remember that Music makes the people come together. Yeah.

So true. Everything. ?? 

Great replies Everyone! Lovesss

1 hour ago, cybertotor said:

I don’t give a F*** at what people think of me. After being bullied during my childhood and teenage years I built a thick skin so all the negativity just slides on my back. Madonna taught us that it’s ok to be different,to be the outsider. From difference comes richness,creativity. If everyone was the same the world would be so boring. So Express yourself and Dare to be who you are. We all are great in our own way.Peace.

Same here. I actually don't know if I'm like that today because of her, or if I became a fan in the first place because I saw myself in her. Or maybe both. The truth is, I've always done whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, however I wanted... starting right in early childhood. Never really cared much about what people thought of me and I find the concept of living a life based on other people's perceptions very odd. Then again, I know peer/family/societal pressure and conformity is a thing in a lot of cultures, so I can't judge that.

This is also one of the reasons one of my favorite songs ever is Nobody Knows Me:

"It's no good when you're misunderstood,
But why should I care
What the world thinks of me?
Won't let a stranger
Give me a social disease."

Edited by Dito (see edit history)

Hmmm....

- I have a gap in my front teeth
- I am bossy
- I intimidate people (don't mean to? ;) )
- I make people uncomfortable with my sarcastic/unfiltered/dark sense of humour
- I'm forward-looking
- I love books
- I love pushing buttons
- I'm resilient
- I'm creative
- I was raised Catholic too
- I love Césaria Evora, Frida, Tamara de Lempicka and a good rosé 

1 hour ago, Just 4 said:

I must confess that I have been feeling fairly distant lately from M. For the first time in my life. I don't seem to get the message behind some of the social media posts. I really wonder what she is trying to do, because so much of it seems completely pointless.  

I mean, it's social media, people post pictures of their food in there... it doesn't really have a point

Difficult to work with

Insomniac 

Upper end IQ (low EQ ?

I always know what I want visually and sonically 

I remember reading that in the 80s she didn't like the idea of remixes because she didn't want people messing with her songs. I can understand that and relate to that. 

As a recording artist, I'm very protective of my demos, stems and masters. I understand her unwillingness to release demos and additional tracks. 

Risk taker

I was raised catholic, left home early, was in a band for a short time. 

I'm terrible at acting. 

I play drums and electric guitar. I play bass as well, but I don't know if she ever did. 

We don't like the same art, literature, music or anything else though.