Soundtrack for the Script

Rory

Just for fun, if they're planning a soundtrack for the script to include in the film ... what songs should be included? Would they all be Madonna songs or would other artists/songs of those eras to be included? Would the tracks be Madonna hits (Like a Virgin, Vogue, Into the Groove, Like a Prayer, Frozen) or songs that were not released as singles (Physical Attraction, Words, Rebel Heart)? What Madonna songs tell her life story best?

Live to Tell

I'm Dreaming (Demo)

Promise to Try

Mer Girl

Easy Ride

Veni Vidi Vici

This should be interesting... Will they avoid the more subversive tracks to appease the general population, or will they be included because they are important to the narrative. 

I'm looking at you  American Life, Erotica

I guess it all depends also on how much they focus on the music, and how much they focus on her personal life. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

My dream is that Warner finally bring out a huge box set, like the one they were planning in 2003, to coincide with the film. 

It depends on what lens they are telling the story through. If they want an honest perspective I think songs like Oh Father and Easy Ride will find a proper place in the film. I think it will be impossible to have this Madonna film if they don't play Erotica and AL while the controversies around them are building up. We really just don't know how this movie is planned out so it's hard to tell.

I really think the story will be woven around the 80s and early 90s ... and up to the birth of Lourdes. That seems to be the most interesting and cohesive part of her life at this point considering the analogue era of music making, pop and performance art, dance, the AIDS crisis, third-wave feminism, the political odds of Thatcher-Reagan era, fashion trends and big personalities and friendships in the NY scene of those early days (Haring, Basquiat, Christopher Flynn, Martin Burgoyne, Sean Penn, etc).

I'm more interested in those early eras as storytelling than anything say after the SEX book. 

Lucky Star to Little Star