Erotica - Official 1080p Music Video

Guest Nobody Knows Me

This is interesting. I dunno, the majority of it is so grainy and yes that’s the look. Some shots look fantastic. So this is a good step in the right direction. It’s nice to know QUALITY is being considered. 20 years after “quality” meant better than VHS. I see good things coming.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 minutes ago, Andymad said:

This is interesting. I dunno, the majority of it is so grainy and yes that’s the look. Some shots look fantastic. So this is a good step in the right direction. It’s nice to know QUALITY is being considered. 20 years after “quality” meant better than VHS. I see good things coming.

Hopefully the rest of her videography is coming soon. I need Bad Girl in HD.

46 minutes ago, Roy said:

Ok, let's discuss something. What is the source used for the remaster? I am guessing a 16mm blowned up to a 35mm? I know that the making of the SEX book is in 16mm too,

I wonder if she can also do the uncensored version of the video...

the video was shot on 8mm film.

but I don't think the editing and mastering was done on film, the "Erotica" logo at the beggining looks too much like videotape for me...

Omg this is amazing! I can't believe they are actually taking care of the catalogue :drama:it was time!

It looks really good considering most of it was shot in 8mm. We can't expect an ultra hq definition. I think it would basically take all the essence and the spirit of the video out.

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

How can you tell it’s upscaled?

Err... Because if you play the video, then you'll see that there's nothing "HD" on it. Even the film grain is "blurry" not "sharp". Yes, It's from a good master and can do the trick because it's an upscaled well done, but the video is far to be "real HD".

If the video is really from a HD master, then youtube have destroyed it with the low bitrate, but I highly doubt this is the case.

Anyway, I would buy a Blu-ray with her videography in this quality because is ten thousands better than Celebration DVD.

14 minutes ago, deathproof said:

But even the standard definition wasn’t “sharp.” Most upscales tend to use lots of smoothing and edge sharpening. This HD version still has the grain present, and there’s no loss in quality. You can see some of Madonna’s pores and acne in this.

A very good SD video, upscaling well, can be confused with a real HD video. I'm sorry, I don't see the high definition in this video. I see a SD video very well upscaled from a really good master tape (I'm using a 40'' 4K TV with the computer, not a small monitor).

So the source is an 8mm film transferred into a Betacam/VHS/DVD format? I was thinking that the 8mm is blown up to a 35mm then transferred to the formats.

Also, I don't know if this is an upscale or a proper remaster... whatever it is, the output looks good. Imma try to make a comparison video using the horrid Celebration DVD version and this HD remaster.

Probably the most pointless video in her entire videography to upload as “HD” seeing as it’s her only video filmed in low resolution- it’s like trying to turn a turd into an orange . Why can’t they remaster other videos like you’ll see or oh father or just give us a damn blu ray of all of them so we don’t have to look at them on YouTube - the same people on here who think fans own upscales and remasters are so amazing seem to have no idea about HD or what it means anyway so Pointless trying to explain to them ??

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Probably the most pointless video in her entire videography to upload as “HD” seeing as it’s her only video filmed in low resolution- it’s like trying to turn a turd into an orange . Why can’t they remaster other videos like you’ll see or oh father or just give us a damn blu ray of all of them so we don’t have to look at them on YouTube - the same people on here who think fans own upscales and remasters are so amazing seem to have no idea about HD or what it means anyway so Pointless trying to explain to them ??

I don’t know who you’re referring to but I put HD in the title because I don’t spend my time observing every tiny detail of the quality, and it’s certainly in a much higher definition than it was before.
I don’t think it’s pointless either because this entire forum has been demanding HD remasters for years and they’ve done this one to celebrate the anniversary. 

Years asking for remasters and yet when her team finally starts do it some people still complain.

"Erotica" has been uploaded in HD now to celebrate the anniversary, same time as the remixes on digital.

This is about celebrating her career and making her back catalogue available to everyone and new generations. Digital EPs + HD remastered video at the same time seems like a great way of doing so.

Let's enjoy "Erotica" day today :angel:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Everyone thinks this is HD until you see actual 4k remasters from the original tapes like this:

This is what an upgrade looks like.

Again:

52 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I put HD in the title because I don’t spend my time observing every tiny detail of the quality, and it’s certainly in a much higher definition than it was before.

We’re not getting 4K upgrades and the Erotica remaster looks brilliant so I’m just excited for more to come.