Nobody Knows Me

Erotica - Official 1080p Music Video

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Again:

We’re not getting 4K upgrades and the Erotica remaster looks brilliant so I’m just excited for more to come.

Oh i wasn't criticizing you. This is still a major upgrade for sure. Maybe in 10 years she'll actually grab those tapes and do something about it. Or if she's smart, do it now and update everything in 2 years once her career turns 40!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

 I put HD in the title because I don’t spend my time observing every tiny detail of the quality, and it’s certainly in a much higher definition than it was before.
I don’t think it’s pointless either because this entire forum has been demanding HD remasters for years and they’ve done this one to celebrate the anniversary. 

Why don't you change the word "HD" for "1080p"? With this change you can avoid any misunderstood. Not even Madonna has labeled the video as HD in youtube. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I don’t know who you’re referring to but I put HD in the title because I don’t spend my time observing every tiny detail of the quality, and it’s certainly in a much higher definition than it was before.
I don’t think it’s pointless either because this entire forum has been demanding HD remasters for years and they’ve done this one to celebrate the anniversary. 

Wasn’t aimed at you at all don’t worry 😘 just Ms team 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Everyone thinks this is HD until you see actual 4k remasters from the original tapes like this:

 

This is what an upgrade looks like.

This is what I’m trying to get across - her team are so lazy and give us scraps and fans lap it up - then you get shot down for having an opinion on this topic 🙄 people on here just don’t understand the difference between remastering , upscales etc as opposed to going back to the original tapes which is a big difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

This is what I’m trying to get across - her team are so lazy and give us scraps and fans lap it up - then you get shot down for having an opinion on this topic 🙄 people on here just don’t understand the difference between remastering , upscales etc as opposed to going back to the original tapes which is a big difference

The thing is...U2 have 4k videos. Aren't they with Guy Oseary?

I don't get it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I do apologise again for my mistake about HD and 1080p. I do think it is a good upscale but I do agree that U2 having 4K videos and not her is quite strange since they have the same manager. 

It wasn't a mistake anyway cause 1080p IS Full HD. :cute:

So it's an official HD version. Of course we can discuss if it's real HD or not, upscaled, etc. but...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Fighter said:

it makes me scared Madonna either didn't keep shit from her catalogue or lost it all :cry:

Seeing how she kept all her notebooks and agendas from her early years, even the cassettes, I doubt she isn't careful with her own work. As to why it isn't available is another topic, but it must be there waiting to be touched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just hoping they weren't destroye together with the others in the Warner vaults. Apparently, the entire Virgin Tour was lost because of the World Trade Center incident. I am praying that it isn't and that Madonna has a secret vault. 😩🙏🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fighter said:

Doesn't look really HD to me, looks like SD upscaled, but it's not bad. Better to have a proper upscale than the old versions or badly done upscales. 

Exactly. At least if they do this with all the videos they will be the best quality we have available on YouTube. 480p uploads are way too compressed, you can see the difference is lower than dvd quality.

Id love to see them do the same with all the live performances they’ve uploaded. Many of them on her YouTube channel just look awful on a tv.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

The video never looked better so I don't get the complaints. It's not Bad Girl, the original video source is for the most part a And Super8 camera but it's looks amazing now.  And her face is not melting like in some fan upscales lol.

I agree to be honest, I think it looks superb, and they’ve finally replaced the original video as well which I was hoping for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best option is always to get the video from the original tape with the original quality. Not changing ratios or upscaling. Just the ORIGINAL recording with the less compression possible.

You can't make miracles.

Or... Do you consider this great?

Mariah "remastered" her videos. Upscaled to create an illusion it's HD. The result is really worse than the original SD video! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I don’t think this is a great example of what they maybe are starting to do with her videos. Just because the video is dark and grainy on purpose. I mean that era she did have a lot of darker b&w vids. Cherish, Oh Father, JML, Erotica... dark. I’d be excited to see something a little more vibrant to compare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Yeah I don’t think this is a great example of what they maybe are starting to do with her videos. Just because the video is dark and grainy on purpose. I mean that era she did have a lot of darker b&w vids. Cherish, Oh Father, JML, Erotica... dark. I’d be excited to see something a little more vibrant to compare. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, amscity said:

The best option is always to get the video from the original tape with the original quality. Not changing ratios or upscaling. Just the ORIGINAL recording with the less compression possible.

You can't make miracles.

Or... Do you consider this great?

Mariah "remastered" her videos. Upscaled to create an illusion it's HD. The result is really worse than the original SD video! 

Really bad, I remember back in the days I recorded this video on my VHS and it looks almost the same lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tbh more than sharp grainy in the HD sense it looks textured in a tapey sense... I think 8mm is roughly similar to 720p quality, which would look great even upscaled... 

5 hours ago, luckystar908 said:

Seeing how she kept all her notebooks and agendas from her early years, even the cassettes, I doubt she isn't careful with her own work. As to why it isn't available is another topic, but it must be there waiting to be touched.

I hope so but we've never had any indication that it's available to her :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.