Should Madonna Return To Acting?

louis.exe

Absolutely no. This goes in her favour when working with her peers. She's too bossy! The only time she allowed herself to be vulnerable for growth was for Evita, and it paid off. She also did well on the contemporary play "up for grabs" back in 2002 just before American Life and the English roses. Other than that her talents to portray characters on screen are very limited.

She's good with the arts especially for theatre. 

1 hour ago, DaddyZ said:

acting was never her strong suit and I honestly don't know if that worked face nowadays can emote anything "real". 

Nicole Kidman can still pull it off as an actress with the work she has done but I'm skeptical of M being able to.

Agreed. Madonna's face does not lend itself to the big screen any longer. Her plastic surgery is so obvious that no one could look at her without scrutinizing her (lack of) facial expressions. She would be crucified, and in all honesty I think Madonna is too insecure to use this to her advantage. Many of us have suggested that she would excel as Norma Desmond in Sunset Blvd, but it is hard to imagine Madonna accepting such a role. 

Madonna can’t act when she looks like Madonna. She’s only ever been good as a character that doesn’t intrinsically look like her. I think she would need to pay something like... Charlize Theron did in Monster. Interestingly... she was pretty good in the Bad Girl video... I don’t mean to be rude, I’m also concerned that at this point, unless it was a character that wore substantial prosthetics, that her puffy, fucked up, face now only looks good with make up. 

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

Desperately Seeking Susan she played herself and in Evita she pretty much played a woman similar to herself, so it really wasn't that much of a stretch. 

I often wondered what she'd be like in a film if Pedro Almodovar was the director. 

Me too. Almodovar would be such a good fit for her, I’d love her to at least do a cameo or a short or even like a mini movie music video, they’d be so perfect together! 

I don’t think she’s a terrible actor, it’s just when it comes to movies, she makes some really, really odd choices that never play to her strengths at all. 

Yes and No. Yes if she gets the film and role right am sure she could be great but on the other hand No because it will not  matter how good the film was and she was in it  - the film critics and press would slate the film and her and would be so unlikely to be successful at the box office - having Madonna in a film is like a red rag to a bull to the film critics now as to who can come up with the most savage one liners about her acting. The other problem with films is they take so much of her time at the expense of making new music and would much rather hear new music from her. 

I loved her in Desperately Seeking Susan though and the film itself 

20 hours ago, Ashley said:

Desperately Seeking Susan she played herself and in Evita she pretty much played a woman similar to herself, so it really wasn't that much of a stretch. 

I often wondered what she'd be like in a film if Pedro Almodovar was the director. 

And On League she was surrounded by a strong female cast and pretty good acting. Her character was also a bit Madonna-ish, masculine and sexy a bit rebellious. I think she was really comfortable.

Almodovar work with really professional female leads, actors that had been in stage and know the ropes well. The rest are accesorizes and characters to give an Almodovar flavour (AKA Rossy De Palma) I don't think Madonna would be ever consider to take one of his leads. I mean his first english spoken feature is with Tilda Swinton.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
33 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I would love to ! But she needs to cool down on the face procedures because good directors will never give a serious role to an actress who looks plastic. 

Half of Hollywood are plastic and are still getting roles.