Should Madonna Return To Acting?

louis.exe

Guest DeeperDeeper
9 hours ago, EgoRod said:

And On League she was surrounded by a strong female cast and pretty good acting. Her character was also a bit Madonna-ish, masculine and sexy a bit rebellious. I think she was really comfortable.

Almodovar work with really professional female leads, actors that had been in stage and know the ropes well. The rest are accesorizes and characters to give an Almodovar flavour (AKA Rossy De Palma) I don't think Madonna would be ever consider to take one of his leads. I mean his first english spoken feature is with Tilda Swinton.

I forgot about A League of Their Own, I ageee it was another role which was Madonna-ish.

2 hours ago, Frank said:

I honestly don't think so...

But, i find it really sad that some people are focusing on her "fucked up face - plastic face, etc etc etc" to say she better don't... REALLY SAD. Shame on you guys. Shame on you.

That is not about being sad or anything, it's an adult discussion and the fact that i heard several very good directors adressing that issue is real. Actress need to have facial expressions, it's an important part of the job. Someone who is totally frozen by botox and have a fat mask of his face due to fillers have like 0 expressions. As i said i heard several directors talking about it and i do agree. Of course if you want to play a superficial bimbo from Hollywood then yeah it' not a problem, but any brilliant director who wanna give a serious and deep role will pay attention to it. It's ridiculous to get upset about it, this is reality. I am the first to say when she looks fabulous, for exemple lately her face is kinda back to normal and she looks stunning. In the case of Madonna it seems her procedures are not definitive and from time to time her face gets back to looking kinda natural so no big issues here. She just sometimes get overboard with procedures and i know this is a no no for certain talented directors, especilaly European ones.

Of course, I wish she had the balls to let herself be reimagined by several directors in the future years. After the Diablo Cody self made whatever autobiopic, which should come with a tied ultimate megaremixed compilation (hopefully featuring outtakes) , how can she reinvent herself anymore?

On screen, she's been excellent in a few leading roles, but failed at some, yet she was a striking supporting actress in many many movies so she could as well end up successfully hacking that section on her Wikipedia page as she always does with more Oscars or Netflix hits, who knows?

Tarantino, obviously

Almodovar, before they both turn totally into a parody

Dee Rees, I love her

Barbra Streisand, hey, why not?

Natasha Lyonne and Manolo Caro

Even Ryan Murphy...

She'll be a wonderful Lady Olenna Tyrell in the next Game of Thrones.

2 minutes ago, Husam Elzien said:

POSE is a show but yeah... I feel like Madonna as the bitchy landlord wouldn't have been as good a fit as you would think.

Oh...my bad darling I forgot that POSE was a show ?. Madonna would actually be (*cough *cough) amazing as someone bitchy. She would be playing herself.

All she ever said to me that I was shorter than she was. That cold bitch! I got no razzies because I can act. SHE cannot!

-Miss Patti LuPone