Never seen before pre fame song titles

Redha DBL

Member @into the eroticohas posted an interesting link on the rare thread about a gig Madonna did in 1981. Amonf the pictures of the show there is an interesting picture of the setlist of the show and there are actually several titles we've never heard about before

1 love on the run

2 get up

3 heartbreaker

4 a taste of love

5 hi society 

6 ????

7 tonight

8 prisoner

9 head over heels 

10 love for tender

11 get away

12 call on me

madonna-setlist-1981-george-dubose-0007-

Link to the article

https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/2020/10/19/today-in-madonna-history-october-19-1981-2/

6 hours ago, Andymad said:

I wonder if diving deep into her early years unreleased music might inspire her to record them and give them new life on a future album. Another American Life style album maybe? Although I’m just dying to dance dance dance to M again. 

Rather than rerecord them I'd love for her to release an album or box set of early demos.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
27 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

Me too I'd love for her too do an album like that

I’d love a huge reissue campaign like Mariah. Imagine if they did one era per month starting January for all the Warner Bros. albums, and then the biopic released at the end.

I can dream :Madonna027:

14 hours ago, chaseturtle said:

Wow, I wonder what tape that's on?

https://www.discogs.com/it/Madonna-Madonna/release/10616955

Madonna one-of-a-kind 1980 demo cassette ; includes full band studio recordings as well as a rehearsal room-sound take; this sounds like it has been overdubbed on the original content intended. These versions of known songs, "Hear Me" (also called "Shine A Light" sometimes) / "Safe Neighborhood" / "Little Boy Lost" are very similar to the ones on the independently released cd single by Mia Mind ("Shine A Light"), but here are presented with their original intros and endings, not edited at all like on the cd. We hear Madonna do the counting before songs start, we hear drum jammings. The exclusive song "I'm A Prisoner", unheard by the public to this day, could be the early incarnation of a later period song, "Prisoner". It sounds very similar in style and vocals to the other ones, although it's a bit more raw.

Some Infinity members have it, so I hope it will be leaked before I die.

On 10/27/2020 at 11:49 AM, Enrico said:

https://www.discogs.com/it/Madonna-Madonna/release/10616955

Madonna one-of-a-kind 1980 demo cassette ; includes full band studio recordings as well as a rehearsal room-sound take; this sounds like it has been overdubbed on the original content intended. These versions of known songs, "Hear Me" (also called "Shine A Light" sometimes) / "Safe Neighborhood" / "Little Boy Lost" are very similar to the ones on the independently released cd single by Mia Mind ("Shine A Light"), but here are presented with their original intros and endings, not edited at all like on the cd. We hear Madonna do the counting before songs start, we hear drum jammings. The exclusive song "I'm A Prisoner", unheard by the public to this day, could be the early incarnation of a later period song, "Prisoner". It sounds very similar in style and vocals to the other ones, although it's a bit more raw.

Some Infinity members have it, so I hope it will be leaked before I die.

I would die if this (and others) leak. I have always adored pre-fame Madonna... I love the rawness.

• 5 months later...
On 10/28/2020 at 8:56 PM, PWCCA said:

I would die if this (and others) leak. I have always adored pre-fame Madonna... I love the rawness.

Me too!  I'm glad she went in a different direction,  but the Shine-a-Light/Emmy/Gotham stuff is all actually pretty fun.  And I know it's not the lyric, but my friend and I still always sing "When I walk outside and there ain't no one around, can I never take a shit on the ground?".  We also spent about 3 hours once singing the "Name Game" song with all things Madonna, but that's another story.