New Helmut Newton Exhibition Being Staged!

Voguerista

Surely this exhibition will have photos of Madonna? If any of you decide to go to this event, be sure to let us know ...and take photos if you can!

Madonna, Claudia Schiffer, and More, As Only Helmut Newton Could Capture Them

As what would have been the famed photographer’s 100th birthday approaches, a museum in Berlin is looking back. 

The second half of the 20th century would have happened without Helmut Newton, but what would it have looked like? The Berlin-born photographer, who was briefly imprisoned in a Nazi concentration camp as a teenager and eventually fled to Australia, was one of the world’s defining fashion photographers from 1961 until his death in 2004. As Vicki Goldberg wrote for Vanity Fair, he “made breaching taboos so chic and so acceptable to the haute bourgeoisie that celebrities and socialites rushed to be reimagined by his audacious, excessive, sly, decadent (even, on occasion, kindly) lens.” 

As what would have been Newton’s 100th birthday approaches, Berlin’s Helmut Newton Foundation is staging a large outdoor exhibition of the photographer’s work, both along an 85-meter wall in Kreuzberg and in 250 City Light posters displayed throughout the city. “What Newton did best, repeatedly, was to produce uncomfortably memorable images,” Goldberg wrote. Ahead, a look back at but a few of them. 

HelmutNewtonMadonn3.jpg

HelmutNewtonMadonn2.jpg

HelmutNewtonMadonna.jpg

Guest DeeperDeeper
19 hours ago, discohub said:

Helmut Newton is one of the greatest photographers. Strangely, his work with Madonna is really not among his best.

Newton actually mentioned this. If I remember correctly Madonna was given a lot of creative input into the shoot and according to Newton that wrecked it. His vision was never realised. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

Even that one i don't like. I don't know, it's hard to explain but the magic is not working on that shoot.

There’s an interview out there where Newton talks about all of this.

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

You can see the Fortin (Madonna's mothers side) features strongly in this photo. 

HelmutNewtonMadonn3.thumb.jpg.932b2222592c01a61c2f5db5076bd84c.jpg

All i can see is that she looks over tired, has red eyes, a skin fondation way too white, her hair that are still too yellowish from a too recent hairdye not done properly, that she wears a glitte-bodysuit which color doesn't match her hair...

Guest DeeperDeeper
8 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

All i can see is that she looks over tired, has red eyes, a skin fondation way too white, her hair that are still too yellowish from a too recent hairdye not done properly, that she wears a glitte-bodysuit which color doesn't match her hair...

Talk about super critical.  I'd hate to be your partner. Sheesh. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Talk about super critical.  I'd hate to be your partner. Sheesh. 

Anyone with a little bit of discernement see that the comment is meant to be funny and humoristic. Now i see that you worry about my love life well i live with my boyfriend for almost 7 years and we are perfectly fine, even people around us are suprised we get along so well after those years. I wish you the same ?

Guest DeeperDeeper
44 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Anyone with a little bit of discernement see that the comment is meant to be funny and humoristic. 

Hmmm