Madonna - Secret HD Remaster + Remixes Streaming now!

RinoTheBouncer

Alright. I wasn't expecting this... or was I? The whole damn video looks airbrushed! I am sure we have been downloading better copies in SD throughout the years! If they're not going to invest on real HD remasters, then why bother at all? 

It's about time someone just shares the Melodie McDaniel outtakes with the glamorous hair to cheer a little gay up? :lord:

1 hour ago, addictedsober said:

If u only knew what they use as source for these upscales... It's RIDICULOUS

They actually used the CELEBRATION DVD to create this upscale.  That's not a joke.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

It's not perfect, yeah, but still much better than fan upscales.

No, it's not. It's complete shit. Don't encourage them. Even the bloody Spice Girls have proper 4K remasters of their videos on YT, why can't Madonna?  Upscaling that awful Celebration DVD is just a slap in the fans' faces.

once again, check these at full size to see how Madonna's 'web team is mocking you...

Image4.png Image7.png Image8.png

LEFT : proper 1080p fan upscale / RIGHT : the 1080p version from Madonna's YT channel...

45 minutes ago, ENIPSE said:

They actually used the CELEBRATION DVD to create this upscale.  That's not a joke.

No, it's not. It's complete shit. Don't encourage them. Even the bloody Spice Girls have proper 4K remasters of their videos on YT, why can't Madonna?  Upscaling that awful Celebration DVD is just a slap in the fans' faces.

once again, check these at full size to see how Madonna's 'web team is mocking you...

Image4.png Image7.png Image8.png

LEFT : proper 1080p fan upscale / RIGHT : the 1080p version from Madonna's YT channel...

The Spice Girls 4K remasters are far from perfect, too. Some are good but others look "airbrushed" too.

Madonna's web team is not mocking anyone... I think we all know what this is. And this is Rhino, by the way, not her team.

In the end, they're all upscales. The footage used is not HD or 4K SO it can look better or worse but it's never gonna be like the proper real thing shot in 4K or Full HD . And they're not gonna use the original film footage cause that's a lot of money and in some cases I'm sure the original footage is completely lost or it was never stored in the first place.

I get your point but I guess I'm just trying to be realistic with all this.

You've only got to look at the recent 4K Youtube video of George Michael's Freedom to see what amazing results can be achieved.   In my mind there is no excuse..   They should get the original 35mm reels and get the buggers transfered it's just lazyness..

I don't believe that it will cost millions..

Guest Nobody Knows Me

This is being handled by Rhino, not Madonna’s team, which makes me think that their access to her film reels is limited and she’s not handing them over. They managed to do it for Alanis Morrisette so I’m sure if they had the right material they would have done the same for Madonna.

50 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

This is being handled by Rhino, not Madonna’s team, which makes me think that their access to her film reels is limited and she’s not handing them over. They managed to do it for Alanis Morrisette so I’m sure if they had the right material they would have done the same for Madonna.

That makes Madonna and her team look even worse. They don't really give two shits.

On 11/3/2020 at 5:41 PM, Prayer said:

I'm sure the original footage is completely lost or it was never stored in the first place.

I think that's the only thing people say when they don't get what they want. The full "Virgin Tour"? It's lost, the "Blond Ambition Tour" from Paris? For years it was lost, the bad quallity of "Celebration" CD? The masters were lost. The "Celebration" DVD? The masters were lost... Everytime the same... What about "Celebration" uploaded on her youtube channel in 240p??? Is that because the master was lost? I doubt it...

We're talking about Madonna... On the "Like a virgin" era they recorded the audio of all the shows to see what worked or not (said by Patrick Leonard), it's been told that she saved all her screen recordings of her shows, there were people in the 80's that said that she even recorded a rehearsal of "Speed the plow" for her personal use too... She has the tapes she recorded in her early years as we can see on her instagram videos, all her diaries and when it comes to her work being one of the greatest artist in history they lost it or don't store it?? I doubt it.

I start to think that what happens is tha Madonna has all those masters stored and the people who makes this doesn't have access to it... I can see it...

Guy: Madonna, they want to upload your videos in HD but we need the masters...
Madonna: Oh, I'm really busy... tell them that I have them in LA and now I'm in New York, Londo, Lisbon or whatever...
Guy: But your fans are always asking for that, I'm bored of ignore them
Madonna: My fans? Do you want me to give them the videos in HQ for free? They even paid for "Celebration"... Let's wait and when everybody has their videos in 4K or more I will make a blu-ray with mine in 1080p to sell them, but never for free.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the Blond Ambition Tour in New Jersey leak around the same time the bathtub video controversy happened? Perhaps she does have the screen footage for her shows and decided to leak that to remind everyone what she’s done :laughing: