J.LO is a STAN

RUADJAI

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

What a load of bullshit... similar, and even worse videos could be done for every artist, Madonna including.

Exactly.

Jlo does not have much of a voice but who ever thought otherwise? The use of backing vocals to beef up a weak voice is pretty standard stuff.... does not make her fraudulent. Milli Vanilli was a very different scenario.

58 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly.

Jlo does not have much of a voice but who ever thought otherwise? The use of backing vocals to beef up a weak voice is pretty standard stuff.... does not make her fraudulent. Milli Vanilli was a very different scenario.

Absolutely. It' ridiculous to compare the Milli Vanilli fraud to J-Lo. Just because she had a few backing vocals which are not done by herself and because she has sung demo written by other people, wowww what a thief and a fraud ! Any artist has back up singers in studio, release some songs that have been made for other people innitialy but plans changed. Madonna has done it tons of time, as 95% of any singers out there.

Anyone in vocal production will probably know that using (visible) background vocalists is very different from interpolating other people‘s voices with your own on recordings to pretend you‘re singing yourself. (With all autotuning, that technique is no longer needed, of course.)

What JLo‘s team did is like editing a photo by merging it with someone else‘s features (face/body) to make it look better, and not disclosing whose features were used. Backing vocals are very different from the merging/interpolation of voices. 

The topic is how her vocals are hidden in the background, and usually (on some songs) the backup singers are singing the lead.

Now, you can check the album credits, the background vocalists ARE credited. But there’s songs like Play and I’m Real remix where it’s mostly the background vocalists you hear singing, especially on the chorus.

This story is no different than Keri Hilson heavily singing Britney’s Gimme More.

30 minutes ago, NowRadiate said:

Anyone in vocal production will probably know that using (visible) background vocalists is very different from interpolating other people‘s voices with your own on recordings to pretend you‘re singing yourself. (With all autotuning, that technique is no longer needed, of course.)

What JLo‘s team did is like editing a photo by merging it with someone else‘s features (face/body) to make it look better, and not disclosing whose features were used. Backing vocals are very different from the merging/interpolation of voices. 

It' really naive to believe that method is extremely rare in music business. We are talking about backing vocals for god sake, not main vocals. Most vocals on the song are J-Lo voice, clearly. I don't know what the fuss is about.

3 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

It' really naive to believe that method is extremely rare in music business. We are talking about backing vocals for god sake, not main vocals. Most vocals on the song are J-Lo voice, clearly. I don't know what the fuss is about.

You didn’t get what I mean. There is a difference. But so be it. JLo is enjoyable. 

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

The topic is how her vocals are hidden in the background, and usually (on some songs) the backup singers are singing the lead.

Now, you can check the album credits, the background vocalists ARE credited. But there’s songs like Play and I’m Real remix where it’s mostly the background vocalists you hear singing, especially on the chorus.

This story is no different than Keri Hilson heavily singing Britney’s Gimme More.

J-lo is melting perfectly her voice to the back up singers voice on the chorus of a few of her songs, and the back up singers arr credited. Nothing wrong in all this. On those example (I'm real remix and Play, while there arr back up singers in the chorus, you can clearly her J-Lo singing too, and the verses are 100% J-Lo solo. I don't see what the matter is. Nothing extraordinary here.

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

J-lo is melting perfectly her voice to the back up singers voice on the chorus of a few of her songs, and the back up singers arr credited. Nothing wrong in all this. On those example (I'm real remix and Play, while there arr back up singers in the chorus, you can clearly her J-Lo singing too, and the verses are 100% J-Lo solo. I don't see what the matter is. Nothing extraordinary here.

It’s nothing new, true. But it’s also not the most normal thing to do when you either have real singers with skills, or mediocre singers who are authentic and brave enough to use their own voice, improve and excel (or use autotune to at least sound in-tune: Rihanna, Ellie Goulding, Kesha etc.) 
It’s just wrong to pretend your backing vocalist is you by merging/interpolating the voices. A sign of artistic incompetence.

22 hours ago, NowRadiate said:

What does this have to do with JLo not even singing on her own songs?

desperately seeking susan madonna GIF

it was mostly about someone calling Jlo a thief...

and its like: You believe what you wanna believe (like I said)...Just because someone told in a video on youtube, it doesnt mean it's true. Plus, for some people here its so fucking easy to attack other artists calling them "this and that"...I Just showed you that your idol isnt perfect either...believing in that website  I shared; she is also a thief according to that...

People here should start looking more inside than outiside. Get it?

30 minutes ago, emanon said:

it was mostly about someone calling Jlo a thief...

and its like: You believe what you wanna believe (like I said)...Just because someone told in a video on youtube, it doesnt mean it's true. Plus, for some people here its so fucking easy to attack other artists calling them "this and that"...I Just showed you that your idol isnt perfect either...believing in that website  I shared; she is also a thief according to that...

People here should start looking more inside than outiside. Get it?

Got it.
Did you get my point too?

As much as I like JLo as an actress and overall entertainment package, I think it’s a different level of stealing and pretending when you make others believe it’s you who is singing, when it’s not really you.

I didn’t need the video to notice/find out, as others do not need YouTube to know, or better: hear.

Anyways, there’s more important stuff happening in the world right now.

3 hours ago, NowRadiate said:

Got it.
Did you get my point too?

As much as I like JLo as an actress and overall entertainment package, I think it’s a different level of stealing and pretending when you make others believe it’s you who is singing, when it’s not really you.

I didn’t need the video to notice/find out, as others do not need YouTube to know, or better: hear.

Anyways, there’s more important stuff happening in the world right now.

Oh please this is J-Lo singing "If you had my love". I don't care who the hell is singing back up, J-Lo is singing all the verses solo + the chorus on top of the back up singer period. Who the hell care about backing vocals jeeez...

I had no idea that backing vocals were such a big issue? Lots of artists who record songs that were originally written by other artists keep the backing vocals from the demo version; Rihanna is probably the best example since you can hear Chris Brown's backing vocals during the chorus of Disturbia, and Sia's partial backing vocals during the chorus of Sledgehammer. The list goes on and on when you dig through her discography, so I dunno why JLo gets dragged for doing it while other artists get away with it?

9 hours ago, Nahual said:

I had no idea that backing vocals were such a big issue? Lots of artists who record songs that were originally written by other artists keep the backing vocals from the demo version; Rihanna is probably the best example since you can hear Chris Brown's backing vocals during the chorus of Disturbia, and Sia's partial backing vocals during the chorus of Sledgehammer. The list goes on and on when you dig through her discography, so I dunno why JLo gets dragged for doing it while other artists get away with it?

Because some people think there can only be one pop queen, one female popstar and they spend their days making sure their fav wins the internet war. Replace female pop stars by religion and you get a clearer idea of how a passion for the artistry of one particular artist has been replaced by radical fanatism. Sometimes their hatred for other artists iseven bigger than the love they have for their favourite artist.Each artist brings something different to the game and each speaks to different people, bringing that extra something that get them through their lives. Pop stars are not football players. And you can love one team but also enjoy others just because you love the game.

6 hours ago, Maddyone said:

21 years she's in the game. If she couldn't sing we would have figured it out by now, a fraud never last very long (see Milli Vanilli). She's an actress, a singer, has tons of hits, an amazing performer and dancer, looks phenomenal at 50 yo (her body is beyond amazing). J-Lo is a strong woman in the show business. People always bring Beyonce as the exemple of a strong performer with lasting talent (and she is too no question about it) but J-Lo also has a strong career, as a singer but also as an actrees, which is quite rare. She also has a double language career, english worldwide and she also has a solid career as a spanish singer in latin coutries,  Respect. In 21 years, just as Madonna or Beyonce, you never saw her totally wastzd or drunked, looking like a fool on stage or losing control of herself. She is a strong woman too.

2 hours ago, Team Madonna said:

Oh @ScottyX the female entertainer WE DON'T KNOW was probably shaking when she heard this

"Her thing is something different"

Beautiful. A great actress. A good dancer. Entertaining.
- But tone-deaf as fuck. And that‘s why with her, they did “vocal interpolation“, i.e. the digital interweaving of two voices. 
That is very different from simply having a background vocal played in the back; to back the lead vocal up, amplify the vocal, and NOT to create a new female voice that in reality, has never existed, just to go with the beautiful image.
And it is very different from what Rihanna or Madonna have done. Madonna had Nikki and Donna there for the longest time, visible. Rihanna had Sia in the back. The voices ran in parallel, they were never interpolated/interwoven. Take a close listen. You will hear it. Those true backing vocals can be heard.

But I keep repeating myself. People don’t seem to understand the difference in vocal production. But be a fan, enjoy yourselves. I am far from hating her.

I just care about the true art of vocal production and true artistry, and not just opportunist marketing. Because THAT is not about the music.

10 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

21 years she's in the game. If she couldn't sing we would have figured it out by now, a fraud never last very long (see Milli Vanilli). She's an actress, a singer, has tons of hits, an amazing performer and dancer, looks phenomenal at 50 yo (her body is beyond amazing). J-Lo is a strong woman in the show business. People always bring Beyonce as the exemple of a strong performer with lasting talent (and she is too no question about it) but J-Lo also has a strong career, as a singer but also as an actrees, which is quite rare. She also has a double language career, english worldwide and she also has a solid career as a spanish singer in latin coutries,  Respect. In 21 years, just as Madonna or Beyonce, you never saw her totally wastzd or drunked, looking like a fool on stage or losing control of herself. She is a strong woman too.

My post wasn't about JLO but to show how that is common place in the music industry, from Myah Marie ghosting Britney Spears' Britney Jean album, Debra Killings is the unofficial member of TLC to even Paula Abdul being accused of having ghost vocals for her first two albums. Milil Vanilli only got caught because the tape skipped live on MTV, much like Ashlee Simpson, who career after that is the same as Milli. JLO isn't a great singer nor a smart business woman (Jersey Girl, Jack, Gigli, Como Ama Una Mujer and A.K.A.) She has a great manager who launched her career and she stayed faithful to him (Benny also managed Will Smith and Mariah Carey as well). Her albums are always tie-ins to her upcoming movies. She's an actress who sings. Beyoncé and Madonna are multitalented artist who can go by first name alone, when they sing in the chorus, you hear them, when comes to making an album they bring the material they've written and producers have gushed over their talent....No one has done that with JLO other then other singers saying yes they kept my backing vocals on the track, where you don't hear JLO anywhere in that mix. Play is Christina singing the hook, I'm Real (Remix), Ain't It Funny (Remix) is Ashanti singing the hook, Jenny From The Block is Natasha to Megan Trainer on I Ain't Your Mama.... it should be verse done by JLO

Ok everyone who comes here long enough knows that i am a passionate and i defend full force what i believe in, and i admit i hadn't watched the full video about Jennifer Ghost singing posted on the 1st page, i just watched the beginning. After i kept reading people saying she was taking ghost singing to another level and reading the comment just previous to the one i'm writting now, i decided to watch the whole video and to give a listen to all those demos singers version (Natasha, Christina etc) and i admit you guys were right. She's literrally doesn't sing the choruses of many of her well known songs. This is just too much. I really couldn't imagine that was to that point. Knowing that, i won't stop enjoying her music but for sure i won't put her in the 'real musician/songs producers" category, as Madonna, Beyonce or Mariah Carey (cause even if people sometimes make fun of her she writes a most of her songs and can sing, unless someone prove me wrong once again lol). So yes, the "Glitter" movie clip was spot on (and by the way i love that movie).matthew-rolston-2-564x380-sig_0.jpg.b3e3135ea8add45360c29aadcb0aa656.jpg