Crowds celebrate Biden win with LIKE A PRAYER!

booyakasha

26 minutes ago, Ashley said:

What Trump is doing now, is what this guy talked about before the election. 

Thank you for this, I already knew this but hadn't seen this video outlining everything. Everyone should watch it. 

5 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

God, this sucks. So basically, we’re gonna have Trump for another 4 years. ?

What makes you think he would leave after 4 years? How long has Putin been around? Trump is old but there are a lot of people who could take his place. That would keep the illusion of democracy like it happens in Russia. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
32 minutes ago, Fighter said:

What makes you think he would leave after 4 years? How long has Putin been around? Trump is old but there are a lot of people who could take his place. That would keep the illusion of democracy like it happens in Russia. 

My concern is that Harris will be President in the next couple of years (or sooner) and the U.S. will resent her and in four years time we'll see one of the Trump children rise to power. 

Michelle Obama would have been a better choice for VP IMO. 

Just now, Ashley said:

My concern is that Harris will be President in the next couple of years (or sooner) and the U.S. will resent her and in four years time we'll see one of the Trump children rise to power. 

Michelle Obama would have been a better choice for VP IMO. 

She may have been a weak choice but there's nothing terrible about her, so we have to wait and see what happens.:pray:

Guest DeeperDeeper
1 hour ago, NowRadiate said:

Not to upset anyone but Kamala Harris does not seem to be a bad choice at all, from a non-US perspective, on the contrary actually. What I have seen and heard from this woman seems very strong and anti-fascist.

Have you read about her history? That's where she becomes problematic. But at the same time we need to approach this with caution, because having a WOC as VP is a significant moment for a lot of POC and we need to respect that.  We will just have to see what happens. 

Great that they are using her song!

But he hasn't won though? :confused:

Apparently there is evidence of fraud, and as far as I understand the Electoral College declares the president in mid-december. It has always been that way, not sure why people and the media are declaring a president that hasn't been yet elect. 

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Have you read about her history? That's where she becomes problematic. But at the same time we need to approach this with caution, because having a WOC as VP is a significant moment for a lot of POC and we need to respect that.  We will just have to see what happens. 

The history we are being shown here about her is pretty positive.

Guest DeeperDeeper
42 minutes ago, NowRadiate said:

The history we are being shown here about her is pretty positive.

Do your own research and listen to POC and their views on Harris. Especially when she was San Francisco District Attorney and California Attorney General. 

7 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I don’t know if you guys watch SNL. But Dave Chappelle was the guest, as he was four years ago when Trump was elected and he ends it on a note that really shifted my view instantly. Made me want to reconcile with my Aunt who I had a political argument with and haven’t spoken to since. 

It’s a bit long at 16 minutes... but if you want to skip to the part I’m speaking of it’s at 14:30 

Also, sorry @Voguerista for my attitude on your post the other day. This whole rollercoaster of political “campaigns”,  online trolls (not here), and just all the lying going on really has made me high strung lately. This stuff is really taxing on ones soul. 

Awww thanks!!! It's ok! I totally understand.  And I'm sorry too! Love you, RJ!! :hug::hug:

Cute Puppy GIF by Cheezburger

53 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Do your own research and listen to POC and their views on Harris. Especially when she was San Francisco District Attorney and California Attorney General. 

Well, I‘ve read some about it, it‘s being reported on; yes, she is/has been extremely tough on crime. (Not completely sure that’s a bad thing.) No politician is perfect or a saint, that’s clear.

But please look at who the actual option was. A no brainer really - to me at least. I won’t keep on reading posts that defend Trump because they don’t hold, from any perspective. As a multi-racial and multi-national citizen, I can only say: Congrats to the USA for voting Biden/Harris, for the upkeep of democracy. Bravo for outvoting an administration which has tried to install oligarchy-type structures, if not a dictatorship. Looking very much forward to January.

3 hours ago, realityisalways said:

Great that they are using her song!

But he hasn't won though? :confused:

Apparently there is evidence of fraud, and as far as I understand the Electoral College declares the president in mid-december. It has always been that way, not sure why people and the media are declaring a president that hasn't been yet elect. 

The state electors cast their vote in december and according to a ruling of the supreme court from this year they must vote for the person who wins each state. Therefore the election is decided and people are declaring the president elect as they always have after an election. About evidence of fraud, the courts are throwing out all of Trump's lawsuits because there is no evidence of fraud. 

3 minutes ago, Fighter said:

The state electors cast their vote in december and according to a ruling of the supreme court from this year they must vote for the person who wins each state. Therefore the election is decided and people are declaring the president elect as they always have after an election. About evidence of fraud, the courts are throwing out all of Trump's lawsuits because there is no evidence of fraud. 

I don't care about either candidate, but I will wait to know who the president is until all fraud allegations have been reviewed.

8 minutes ago, realityisalways said:

I don't care about either candidate, but I will wait to know who the president is until all fraud allegations have been reviewed.

Of course, but we also have to consider the claim themselves can be manufactured. Even republican officials in charge are extremely skeptical of the claims as there seems to be no evidence of irregularities. 

2 minutes ago, Fighter said:

Of course, but we also have to consider the claim themselves can be manufactured. Even republican officials in charge are extremely skeptical of the claims as there seems to be no evidence of irregularities. 

I've seen a lot of videos that makes me doubt that. Will wait and see.

1 hour ago, NowRadiate said:

An example on how the tables turn and the narrative changes to the opposite. 2018 Midterm Elections

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHY6_epM6qK/?igshid=x21lt9k4280g

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHbJO2lJybf/?igshid=1qvhoiarcx9mx

FOX News abandoned reality almost fully after Trump's election to court his favor, now that he lost and they started acknowledging reality again, it's been a huge shock to a lot of their viewers and they've begun moving to far-right propaganda outlets like OANN. If Trump decided to create his own propaganda channel they would follow. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network

Guest DeeperDeeper
7 hours ago, Fighter said:

I hope you don't fall for misinformation.  

When it comes to misinformation I really believe all MSM aren't 100% honest in their reporting and with fact check sites you need to be wary of the bias. 

Also shutting down alleged conspiracy opinions is a risk, since there is still a chance there could be some truth to them. It's a hard thing to balance. Pretty much why I don't trust any news source these days.