Crowds celebrate Biden win with LIKE A PRAYER!

booyakasha

4 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Is this legit? So there’s no chance of a “constitutional coup” like described in the video? 

Actually I may have been wrong about the supreme court ruling, they did say states can make electors vote for the winner of the popular vote in their state but not every state has laws in place for that apparently... regardless there are different sets of electors, republicans, democrats and independents. The electors who are selected to vote for Biden in the electoral college are appointed by the democratic party in each state, republicans would need to somehow flip a large number of democratic electors to vote for Trump in order to elect him and some states can replace "faithless electors" and prevent them from votes being changed. So it's a very very unlikely scenario. 

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

When it comes to misinformation I really believe all MSM aren't 100% honest in their reporting and with fact check sites you need to be wary of the bias. 

Also shutting down alleged conspiracy opinions is a risk, since there is still a chance there could be some truth to them. It's a hard thing to balance. Pretty much why I don't trust any news source these days. 

All media either have bias, sensationalize things for profit (this is the main problem), or make honest factual errors, especially in the fast information age. You always need to be wary of bias and errors, but you can't paint all media as the same. Also pointing out MSM specifically is a problem, a lot of non-MSM media was set up in recent years to push conspiracies and are exploiting people's distrust of MSM.

What I do know about this conspiracy theory surrounding voter fraud, is that it is a deliberate disinformation campaign. The Covid-19 wave of conspiracies from earlier this year should've been a warning for everybody that disinformation campaigns on social media are the new normal. 

Well Trump has dropped lawsuits in Arizona... and he and some of his staff have sent out tweets indicating that Kamala Harris would be the deciding vote in the senate should the Democrats win the remaining two spots in Georgia. Which pretty much indicates he knows he has lost and has no chance to win through the courts. 

THANK GOD!

(if the democrats win the remaining two seats the senate would be a 50/50 split and anytime they vote and it is a 50/50 split the Vice President will vote to break the tie) 

Finally some cracks in the veneer. 

1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

Well Trump has dropped lawsuits in Arizona... and he and some of his staff have sent out tweets indicating that Kamala Harris would be the deciding vote in the senate should the Democrats win the remaining two spots in Georgia. Which pretty much indicates he knows he has lost and has no chance to win through the courts. 

THANK GOD!

(if the democrats win the remaining two seats the senate would be a 50/50 split and anytime they vote and it is a 50/50 split the Vice President will vote to break the tie) 

Finally some cracks in the veneer. 

nothing they've done and said makes sense and his lawyers have been laughed out of courts by Trump's own appointed judges everywhere. This whole time period will go down in history as both one of the most dangerous yet most idiotic ever.

11 hours ago, Fighter said:

nothing they've done and said makes sense and his lawyers have been laughed out of courts by Trump's own appointed judges everywhere. This whole time period will go down in history as both one of the most dangerous yet most idiotic ever.

Right?! 
i don’t know if I’m watching a circus or if I should be preparing for war. ?

Too bad there are so few conservative/so-called right wing people out and proud in the open who once belonged to LGBTQA+alphabet soup people. I ditched that shit when they went full-on leftist crap -- or they kicked me out once I told them that I'm for Trump, for the shits and giggles. My goodness, we used to take so much shit and we'd laugh about it! "You're a fairy!" "You're a dyke." :silly:

30 minutes ago, poodle said:

Too bad there are so few conservative/so-called right wing people out and proud in the open who once belonged to LGBTQA+alphabet soup people. I ditched that shit when they went full-on leftist crap -- or they kicked me out once I told them that I'm for Trump, for the shits and giggles. My goodness, we used to take so much shit and we'd laugh about it! "You're a fairy!" "You're a dyke." :silly:

So-called leftist. More like, non-conservative and/or liberal. 
Glasshouses. Stones.

9 minutes ago, NowRadiate said:

So-called leftist. More like, non-conservative and/or liberal. 
Glasshouses. Stones.

Out and proud liberal/right-wing, no longer part of the alphabet soup. Surprised to see so many fellow Madonna fans ditch me for being openly so loud-mouthed and against the left. Gay rights. :thumbsup: Same-sex marriage rights. :thumbsup: Adoption rights for same-sex couples. :thumbsup: Same-sex couple rights to "rent-a-womb" from someone they're close to (surprisingy hard in the EU). :thumbsup: Immigration. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

18 hours ago, poodle said:

Out and proud liberal/right-wing, no longer part of the alphabet soup. Surprised to see so many fellow Madonna fans ditch me for being openly so loud-mouthed and against the left. Gay rights. :thumbsup: Same-sex marriage rights. :thumbsup: Adoption rights for same-sex couples. :thumbsup: Same-sex couple rights to "rent-a-womb" from someone they're close to (surprisingy hard in the EU). :thumbsup: Immigration. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

So let me get this straight (no pun intended)... you're bigoted against LGBTQ+ people even though you're gay yourself. You're right-wing even though they want to take your rights away, but they also want to hurt people you hate so that's a fair trade? So much to unpack here...

On 11/22/2020 at 3:08 PM, poodle said:

It's nice to see that immigration is the one single thing that made you "give up" on your own rights and millions of other LGBTQ citizens in the country who's right are currently being clipped away by the Republican party. And about immigration - we're all immigrants in our own way whose ancestors traveled to the US for a better life so maybe not be so hypocritical.

If you want to be detached from the alphabet soup so badly, then why not become straight, marry a woman, move to the south, and wave your racist confederate flag on the way to church since this seems to be the "normal" life that half the country thinks is the "only" lifestyle there is.

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

And about immigration - we're all immigrants in our own way whose ancestors traveled to the US for a better life so maybe not be so hypocritical.

And Madonna has always been proud of being italian. In the past Italians were discriminated against in the same way as other minorities, they were even lynched. Some thought of them as criminals just as many think of immigrants today, they were also discriminated against for their religion. Something about history repeating....

• Fighter unfeatured this topic

My views on politics and religion have changed over time, and Trump has become a symbol for a certain kind of resistance. He's pretty cringy and he tells porky pies ALL the time.

During my university years History and Women's studies were my secondary subjects. I'm an asexual aromantic (well fine, I don't really like being a female, but what's one to do about it!?), and for ages and ages asexuals weren't included in what I now call "the alphabet soup" group think. Keep in mind that I'm only speaking for myself, ok? I'm horrible at any kind of rhetoric, and I blurt out crap like "immigrants R bad" without giving proper context for my argument. Excuses, excuses, I know.

Would anyone like to join my book club?

14914736.t.jpg

(Edited because of misquotation.)

There are few medical reasons for differentiating between races and the two sexes. Sickle cell diseases are one for Afro people to look for. Trans folk should get themselves tested for whatever their... original body was. I am not homo/transphobic, there's no reason to hate anyone based on their race or sexuality. People who base their identity on gender or the imagined lack thereof are the ones who really grind my gears...

Edited by poodle (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, NowRadiate said:

Would read these first.

985C39B0-1B6D-4856-8B7F-4692691B37FA.jpeg

B0BCA51C-888B-4439-9FD9-79D3BBE41E63.jpeg

Sure, sure, the white people are responsible for every horrible thing that has ever happened. Who are they, what's their genome exactly? Surely they didn't voluntarily mix and interbreed with other people? Genocide and RAPE, rape I say! :hyper: Oh and my kind of whites have no culture at all. Nope. Just ask the Swedes. Only people who have melanin have culture.

Have a bit of tolerance for your ancestors and what they did or had to do. The one thing I can't stand is the groveling because of things I had nothing to do with!

40 minutes ago, poodle said:

Sure, sure, the white people are responsible for every horrible thing that has ever happened. Who are they, what's their genome exactly? Surely they didn't voluntarily mix and interbreed with other people? Genocide and RAPE, rape I say! :hyper: Oh and my kind of whites have no culture at all. Nope. Just ask the Swedes. Only people who have melanin have culture.

Have a bit of tolerance for your ancestors and what they did or had to do. The one thing I can't stand is the groveling because of things I had nothing to do with!

None of which was mentioned. Very revealing. 

These posts are a real alphabet soup........ :confused:  

1 hour ago, poodle said:

(Edited because of misquotation.)

There are few medical reasons for differentiating between races and the two sexes. Sickle cell diseases are one for Afro people to look for. Trans folk should get themselves tested for whatever their... original body was. I am not homo/transphobic, there's no reason to hate anyone based on their race or sexuality. People who base their identity on gender or the imagined lack thereof are the ones who really grind my gears...

^ My reaction to your post was in the vein of "I'm laughing with you and at myself, not at you."

Sure, I'll read the aforementioned books if you're willing to read the ones I recommended. Tolerance must be a two-way street. Having been in and seen the leftist side for the better part of my life, I do like to exchange opinions and not shoot them down outright, even if I'm centrist/conservative right now.