Teasing the Immacluate Collection related suprises

Brendanlovesu1

On 11/17/2020 at 2:43 AM, steady75 said:

We won’t be getting any box sets for a while. Until the biopic raises her public profile and good will. I think we’re in the midst of a public relations project from Guy O and M. 
He’s obviously streamlined his business affairs so he can come back and do some work. They both know any revenue to be made by retrospective career decisions, will not be sufficient with her current public standing. I’m positive they are gearing up a whole heap of legitimate special editions that will be released to the public after the biopic has worked its PR magic.  

In the meantime her remixes being added to streaming, the social media anniversaries project and her HD videos getting her legacy in place on You Tube are all parts of the groundwork that will be a year or so of lo level soft power “good times” for casual followers and it also placates the fan base.

Once the movie hits and her public profile is running high again the restored historical content will be there on steaming services to delve into for new fans or old fans who are rediscovering her legacy. Thus improving her streaming numbers and preparing the ground work for a big commemorative soundtrack, followed by some special editions solidifying the ground for a new album and tour based around a more pop flavoured album for her 40th anniversary in 2022. 

It’s smart actually as much as it’s like pulling teeth for us die hards at times. 
This is the calm before the storm peeps. 

Alert: Debbie Downer post coming in 3...2...1....

Just a reminder that it took TEN YEARS for the Queen biopic to come to fruition as the surviving members of the band quibbled over how the script depicted them. What we ended up with was a Disney channel movie that made Brian May and Roger Taylor look like saints, and threw their dead/retired friends under the bus. I have a feeling Madonna might want to take the the time necessary to make sure she ends up with a script that shows her in a way she likes. One that properly revises history to fit her current mood.

But maybe I'm too cynical. Perhaps every biopic does that to some extent. Bohemian Rhapsody did do a fantastic job raising Queen's profile again though, so...

Guest Nobody Knows Me

The thing that I’m most worried about with this film is her just being self-apologetic and playing the victim for two hours. Hopefully Diablo has helped her nail the script though. 

7 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

The thing that I’m most worried about with this film is her just being self-apologetic and playing the victim for two hours. Hopefully Diablo has helped her nail the script though. 

Yeah I worry a bit about this too. Especially after the Billboard speech which, as with alot of things she does, seemed opportunistic to jump on a bandwagon after the #METOO movement started.

*edited... Was #metoo a thing by then. Why did I feel it had already taken off?!?! 

But I feel like part of what makes Madonna "Madonna" is her optic of strength which I 'think" will be their approach to some degree. Or so I hope. Maybe they'll have a juxtaposition of a vulnerable woman off stage and an untouchable superhero on stage.

Mtv Awards 2019 Whatever GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

I also worry they're gonna entertain the idea that the reason she rolled around on the floor with her ass out at the VMAS was because she "lost her shoe". Like... lets get real. You don't hump the floor because you lost your shoe. 

4Wc.gif

I just watched it again... its actually super clear she KICKED off her shoes on purpose. Probably so she could descend the wedding cake without falling on her face. And then she retrieves them as soon as she makes it down, well BEFORE she humps the floor or exposes her panties.

Sorry I just really hate when she retells the story like that. When we all know it's a lie. 

3 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Why does she lie about that story. Out of all the outrageous shit she’s done. That’s the thing she’s embarrassed about? Lmao

I think it's a PR move. Admitting that she was using shock value on purpose would somehow degrade the artistic value in some way.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Didn’t she say she lost her shoe at the start so she went to the floor to collect it and improvised humping the floor to make it look as if she wasn’t just there for her shoe? It sounds believable to me to be honest. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

What is the Like a Prayer Super Deluxe Edition that was planned for last year is actually related to this "Immaculate Surprise"?

I mean, im not holding out for it, but what if...

It’d be a dream come true but the whole release seemed to have been scrapped sadly.

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

She should really have written her autobiography and then produced a film based on that. 

I foresee a disaster with this biopic. 

Same idea here: a book with a greatest hits including a pair of new songs  and then a movie based on the the autobiography. And I'm quite positive that a book could have gained a good reception.

I mean, why would she look for her shoe? I was in a production of A Chorus Line in theatre college, and at the end of the opening number I kicked my leg up so high my glasses flew off into the orchestra pit. BLIND BETTY. But I carried on. As a performer does. And as SHE is a performer, I doubt she was looking for her damn shoe. The show must go on. She knows this.

Yeah after that Bobby wore contact lenses for the remainder of the run lol.

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

She should really have written her autobiography and then produced a film based on that. 

I foresee a disaster with this biopic. 

THIS!!! 

I feel like if she made the biopic first she’d miss the chance to write a book as we already saw it all in the movie and I don’t think non-fans would go back to read about it even if she added a few juicy exclusives that didn’t appear in the movie.

Mariah for example, her book was so good and it leaves you intrigued and wanting more, making the way for a film about the book.

M’s got enough story to make a great ass book... I’d read it in a few days for sure and I don’t read that much lol

Because 

9 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

What does it matter if it's a book or a movie if it is her telling of events?

A book is less of a financial investment and has less room for filmic portrayals of emotions and events. Actors and directors will also interpret her words and idea of Madonna differently than Madonna would herself. A book will be the definitive version of events as the woman herself sees them. There's too much room for artistic license in a film. Too many cooks etc and there will be studio execs she will probably need to placate. 

Also if the book is successful is stands alone and a film can be made off the back if that success. A book is both more definitive and less definitive at the same time...simply because the medium of film has a more powerful lasting effect and hits audiences in a more digestible way.

Guest DeeperDeeper
42 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

She's always been a visual artist, so a movie is going to be the logical choice.

She's been a multi-disciplinary artist. 

And no film is not the logical choice for her. It's what suits her agenda with depicting her life.