Kevin Antunes destroyed Madonna's reputation as a Live Act.

nito84bcn

Guest DeeperDeeper

If Madonna actually got a good band together, brought back Donna and Nikki as backing vocalists and went on a stripped back tour like an MTV Unplugged type of show, with no dancers or over the top production, just focusing on her music. It'd do her reputation wonders. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
1 minute ago, shakeyerdix said:

It's my favorite tour but she did excellent shows with DWT and CT come on ! Musically and artistically.

I'm not a fan of DWT anymore. Candy Perfume Girl is the only stand out performance from that tour for me. 

Madonna just needs new everything. New producer, new stylist, new tour band, new hairdresser... she just needs fresh blood. Change has always been a key to her career. Repeat is not something for Madonna. Mariah, Whitney, Celine etc... are the type of artists where changes are risky because people expect more or less the same from them and feel comfortable that way. Their fans and casual people would be disturbed by radical changes from such artists. When it comes to Madonna it's the exact opposite. People expect big changes and are bored when she doesn't. She got people used to it for three decades, that's HER formula. 

I think Stuart Price got the perfect sound for her - her vocals obviously had some sort of autotune processing help but she sounded totally live and natural of the tours he did. Same for Live 8 her vocals sounded brilliant  - he got the sound spot on for her in addition to fantastic arrangements without exception. Am sure all fans of dance music appreciate his work with her.  So grateful she worked with him for the Confessions album and tour as was just so brilliant 

Madonna needs to step her game up on her next tour altogether. KA made great things for the posthumous MJ Cirque shows and for other artists but for Madonna their styles don't jive well in a lot of ways. And we can't entirely blame the musical director when Madonna herself is the name on the marquee and billboard in every city she performs in,not the musical director. She's gotten to a point where she's phoning her shows in and making shitty excuses on why she's several hours late when people (not just fans,but actual people) paid several hundred dollars to see her. MX was a different ball of wax since she injured her knee but she still didn't need to delay people several hours,especially those who have to work 9-5 the next day just because it works for her on her time. It's very harmful to her reputation. Not to be that person sliding in a comparison but look at a Janet concert. She is still giving 100% in her shows,charging hundreds less and allowing her choreography and talent speak for itself in a stripped back production in theaters and arenas. I think Madonna needs to take a play out of Janet's book and apply it to her next tour. If she's going to keep going in the direction she's been going since MDNA she should stop touring altogether because nobody will ever see her again except the diehards who've seen her hundreds of times.

TL;DR - Madonna needs to stop making shitty excuses and not be so garishly selfish on her next tour.

5 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

I think Stuart Price got the perfect sound for her - her vocals obviously had some sort of autotune processing help but she sounded totally live and natural of the tours he did. Same for Live 8 her vocals sounded brilliant  - he got the sound spot on for her in addition to fantastic arrangements without exception. Am sure all fans of dance music appreciate his work with her.  So grateful she worked with him for the Confessions album and tour as was just so brilliant 

The band (especially the drums) sounded awful at Live 8. Too stiff. 

3 hours ago, Love Is The Groove said:

Not to be that person sliding in a comparison but look at a Janet concert. She is still giving 100% [...]

If she tours at all, that is. The last time she toured Continental Europe was when...in 2011? She cancelled quite a few shows/tours - way before Covid.

8 hours ago, Love Is The Groove said:

Not to be that person sliding in a comparison but look at a Janet concert. She is still giving 100% in her shows,charging hundreds less and allowing her choreography and talent speak for itself in a stripped back production in theaters and arenas. I think Madonna needs to take a play out of Janet's book and apply it to her next tour. 

Of all the artists you bring out Janet as a favourable example? Bless... :)

I'm going to tell you all one thing: let Madonna do what she wants with her pussy and her music, I personally don't care if she reinvents the songs or not, I don't care who the musical director is, because in the end and after all, all of his tours since Sticky & Sweet have had great commercial and critical success. The only reputation that Maddy has to clean up is that of arriving too late to concerts and going on tour in poor health, as that can have a very negative influence on the success of future tours.

1 hour ago, Juan Moncada said:

I'm going to tell you all one thing: let Madonna do what she wants with her pussy and her music, I personally don't care if she reinvents the songs or not, I don't care who the musical director is, because in the end and after all, all of his tours since Sticky & Sweet have had great commercial and critical success. The only reputation that Maddy has to clean up is that of arriving too late to concerts and going on tour in poor health, as that can have a very negative influence on the success of future tours.

So her pussy is wrong then. Someone or herself has to repair it. 

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I love Janet but she always looks lethargic when you see her on stage now - not to mention her awful dress sense on stage too - so frumpy ? But I do love her so don’t hate on me for an opinion ?

Yeah I love Janet too but some of those costumes were a choice. Also, Janet gained some weight so that might be why she chooses baggier clothing and why the dancing seems off. When she first toured after the baby, she went hard to lose the weight and she looked great, the costumes were nice and choreography looked amazing. Also speaking on the subject of singers replacing people. Janet needs a new creative director for her shows or at least someone to convince her its okay to not do all the hits in one show because I'm done with the medleys. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
47 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

Secret, La isla bonita and Holiday mixed (for me)

I'll give you Secret, yes that was good. 

There again, the early 00s wasn't a great time for music. 

The only thing I remember about that era were the guys I kissed... 

• 2 months later...

Funny how everybody keep saying like a broken record how amazing Price was when most of RIT sounded like a karaoke tribute act, from the lazy Vogue beat to LAP. Thank god she sounded great.

He did great on Confessions because most of the show came from the record he co-produced but let's not act like La Isla Bonita was genius for example. 

Also peple shitting on Madame X when all they heard is a bloody bootleg, please.

I agree her last GREAT live band was Girlie Show and I also agree Kevin is not perfect at all, but stop pretend like Stuart Price is God. 2005 was 16 years ago, get over it already and deal with it.

On 11/17/2020 at 2:58 PM, Love Is The Groove said:

Not to be that person sliding in a comparison but look at a Janet concert. She is still giving 100% in her shows,charging hundreds less and allowing her choreography and talent speak for itself in a stripped back production in theaters and arenas. I think Madonna needs to take a play out of Janet's book and apply it to her next tour.

So you want Madonna to lip synch in a kaftan for 2 hours in front of a power point presentation?

57 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I love Janet but she does the same show over and over again. Same coreography, same medleys. Doing a stripped back show because you can't sell tickets has nothing to do with doing a theater show like Madame X. 

She’s been doing the same show since 1997 but lower budget each time. Her Glastonbury performance was especially bad, Kylie put her to shame.