History #PreThanksgivingDrop!

Shoful

Guest DeeperDeeper
56 minutes ago, lap said:

Reading the comments, the feeling I have is that even the hardcore fan base is getting really tired of this lack of care for her career. After she left Warner, the Madonna myth is completely dehydrated. And yes, her instagram is the worst of all celebrities. And I think nothing will change, unfortunately. 

The enigma and personality has evaporated with Madonna. 

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

The enigma and personality has evaporated with Madonna. 

Not only that... let's face that she's more inmature now at 62 than when she was 40 and released Ray of light... Just watch the interviews. 
I can imagine an interesting Instagram from 1992 till 2012 in case it existed and managed by Warner. She was focusing on art, nice ideas, speeches, points of view... now everything is about bitches, gangs, grillz, toilets bathrooms, Aldo Diaz and really devaluated. It doesn't help neither that her f*cking Spotify is a mess, with wrong edits of CLASSIC AND MASTERPIECE ALBUMS like True blue, or Like a virgin. Seriously, I reached a point that I'm sick of her. If she doesn't care, I'm not going to care anymore and I can revisit the golden days on my collection when I want, and share experiences and opinions here with the fans, till the day that we will don't have anything more to comment...

19 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Not only that... let's face that she's more inmature now at 62 than when she was 40 and released Ray of light... Just watch the interviews. 
I can imagine an interesting Instagram from 1992 till 2012 in case it existed and managed by Warner. She was focusing on art, nice ideas, speeches, points of view... now everything is about bitches, gangs, grillz, toilets bathrooms, Aldo Diaz and really devaluated. It doesn't help neither that her f*cking Spotify is a mess, with wrong edits of CLASSIC AND MASTERPIECE ALBUMS like True blue, or Like a virgin. Seriously, I reached a point that I'm sick of her. If she doesn't care, I'm not going to care anymore and I can revisit the golden days on my collection when I want, and share experiences and opinions here with the fans, till the day that we will don't have anything more to comment...

Sorry but how is Spotify and not her legacy before streaming such a big deal ? - Jesus her entire discography is available everywhere not just on damn streaming sites ?

Guest DeeperDeeper
46 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

The who marriage to Guy thing messed her up. Even with Ray of Light she still had an edge and you could see that she could easily have made some kick ass albums as she matured. 

But all is loss. 

Coming to think of it, I now think why I roll my eyes at fans who love COADF is because I know that if M continued the Ray or Light trajectory with breaking new ground, we might have had a few gems of albums.

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Sorry but how is Spotify and not her legacy before streaming such a big deal ? - Jesus her entire discography is available everywhere not just on damn streaming sites ?

Read well. Incomplete albums, wrong mixes instead of the actual album versions, Immaculate Collection fucked up, etc etc... 

I mean the dramatics are ... a lot. 
show me another artist who has kept thier fans so well fed with such consistent and amazing content for the first 25 years of their career. Images, videos, albums, remixes, tours, films, photos and championed social issues where no others would dare to tread. 
I’ll wait.

Has she been a bit off and has the quality dropped in the last 15 yrs? Absolutely but the effort is still there in many ways... oh and she has six kids to look after which she didn’t for the first 15 yrs of her career. 

I think we are in the midst of a course correction regarding legacy releases and the maxis are a great start. In another few years all will be right no doubt. 

I only really want the legacy releases more these days because the gap between albums feels so long. I’d be much happier with shorter more concise ten track records every 2 years and a tour every two albums if it meant an increase in content and less drawn out eras. 

I think the format lots of artist has been doing for the live streaming concert / video / special during lockdown is a format that Madonna will knock out of the park moving forward. 

albums every two years

Streaming concert for the first albums

live tour every two albums for both.

a random feature and EP every so often 

anniversary releases every couple of years and I’ll be a really happy fan. 

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

I mean the dramatics are ... a lot. 

Yes, and it's not known what Madonna fans actually want. We're lucky to still have her after covid and major surgery and she's working on projects while recovering and released new music and keeps putting out things on streaming sites. People can't enjoy things for what they are and enjoy whatever comes.. It's frustrating but I'm sure she's already tuned out all the noise. 

6 hours ago, Ashley said:

Coming to think of it, I now think why I roll my eyes at fans who love COADF is because I know that if M continued the Ray or Light trajectory with breaking new ground, we might have had a few gems of albums.

But Confessions is almost a continuation of Ray of Light and did break new ground. :confused:

After Hung Up its basically a Kabbalah recruitment seminar. 

1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

But Confessions is almost a continuation of Ray of Light and did break new ground. :confused:

After Hung Up its basically a Kabbalah recruitment seminar. 

Yea I feel like a lot of people miss out on that. Confessions is literally the lyrics of American Life wrapped up in popular dance music 

7 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

Read well. Incomplete albums, wrong mixes instead of the actual album versions, Immaculate Collection fucked up, etc etc... 

Exactly. Plus many more issues as well. This all gets explained to @wtg1987but it’s literally one ear and out the other lol. 

In this day and age, musical exploration is done through streaming. Fans arnt the only ones listening to Madonna’s music. Why can’t the general public explore and enjoy it too? 

22 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Exactly. Plus many more issues as well. This all gets explained to @wtg1987but it’s literally one ear and out the other

In this day and age, musical exploration is done through streaming. Fans arnt the only ones listening to Madonna’s music. Why can’t the general public explore and enjoy it too? 

Literally any thread that mentions streaming that user will come in and complain. It’s insanity :Madonna009:

9 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Just because that's how people consume music nowdays? The same way radio stars that were reluctant to work with videos faded when MTV launched M and her team totally missed the change to digital.

And that was already a problem with warner when she was still in contract, they couldn't upload her videos to youtube and when they finally did it, well, let's say it could have been better.

Most M albuns are out of print, we only have 3 (horrible) remasters, she doesn't sing old songs on tour that much... How can people get her music? 

And I not even entering the field of performances/videos/singles choices of the last 15 years...

I think its just a thoughtless repost, nothing hinted at on social media has materialized so far. The drop of the met gala was a nice surprise out of the blue, stuff like that from Madonna's history could be dropping monthly she has sooooo much of it.....one track from tears of a clown Melbourne recorded professionally like intervention (something never sung live before), music video outtakes, behind the scenes etc. She seems to layer her current ego and view on her legacy, it needs an impartial historian to remain honest which is why l am a little worried about the bio pic 'story'.

23 hours ago, steady75 said:

live tour every two albums for both 

Tours are extremely tiresome. I don’t think it would do her health or the art any favor. And with Covid, who knows when live shows are really safe to go to again.

I agree with the rest, especially with the more concise albums.

On 11/21/2020 at 9:33 PM, deathproof said:

Exactly. Plus many more issues as well. This all gets explained to @wtg1987but it’s literally one ear and out the other lol. 

yes. it's just unthinkable to miss streaming today. Listening her 80's albums on apple music as a fan is a torture with all these versions edited or lengthened without any logic (why did they do that ???)
But in addition, the new generation does not have the opportunity to discover her legendary albums in their original version (because they will not make the effort to look elsewhere and that is understandable. How could they know ? We are supposed to have the original works).   

Not only that it’s horrendous business sense. Already standard released material not being on streaming in this day and age for an artists like Madonna who’s fan based largely bought everything in physical on the first place is just poor economics. It’s money for old rope and especially considering the physical product has already shipped and part of your business plan for the future is to increase your streaming numbers. 

Make it make sense? 

if she lied to us after having made us wait for hours at her concerts, having canceled our dates, making us hang around for album and dvd releases of concerts while turning us on a year before ... then then .. then what ? what can we do to show our exasperation? how do we let her know that we, loyal fans, want her respect? launch a #respectusmadonna ? mass unsubscribe from her IG? flood the social networks with photos of us burning her records? enough is enough ! we are masochistic, she is sadistic - she frustrates us constantly and we want more - she has to pay! R E V O L U T I O N ! :)