What's the most ICONIC Madonna YEAR?

GhostOrchid

What's the most ICONIC Madonna YEAR?  

80 members voted

1. 1. What's the most ICONIC Madonna YEAR?

What's the ONE single year Madonna should be remembered for a hundred years from now?

The poll was limited to 20 options, so some had to go. If your favourite is not included, feel free to type it in the comments (but then please elaborate because I'd be very confused ?)

My pick: 1990. Because, well, no explanation needed.

Edited by GhostOrchid (see edit history)

I agree, the period 1989-1991 was fantastic!

I voted 1987, not only because it's the year I became a great fan, but because she literally was EVERYWHERE here in Italy, you couldn't find an empty seat in theatres to see the movie Who's that girl! And EVERYONE from 0 to 100 loved her!! The Turin concert will always be the peak of her popularity in Italy. The quote "Siete pronti, siete caldi, bene ánchio" is still used by people!

Guest DeeperDeeper

I agree with stud that 1989 to 1993 are her Iconic years and also the ones where she really broke down barriers and influenced culture. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
1 hour ago, Enrico said:

I agree, the period 1989-1991 was fantastic!

I voted 1987, not only because it's the year I became a great fan, but because she literally was EVERYWHERE here in Italy, you couldn't find an empty seat in theatres to see the movie Who's that girl! And EVERYONE from 0 to 100 loved her!! The Turin concert will always be the peak of her popularity in Italy. The quote "Siete pronti, siete caldi, bene ánchio" is still used by people!

Enrico, just out of curiosity how was Ray of Light received in Italy? Was it a massive hit? 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Enrico, just out of curiosity how was Ray of Light received in Italy? Was it a massive hit? 

I would say very well! A lot of people know Frozen, also today. She appeared at the SanRemo festival and everyone was surprised by her new look. Let's say I noticed less, because at that time I took her global success for granted.

Guest DeeperDeeper
34 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

1990 for me too! But, every era has been significant where she made a statement in music and art in some way. She’s a powerhouse.  

I actually have a lot of gratitude that I was alive in 1990 to live through all of it. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
3 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

But in 1990 everybody loves her and in 1992 everybody hates her.

They loved her in the first part of 1992 with A League of Their Own and 'This Used To Be My Playground'. 

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

They loved her in the first part of 1992 with A League of Their Own and 'This Used To Be My Playground'. 

Yes... But when the sex book was premiered....

18 minutes ago, Jet said:

But she was still everywhere and people who got what she was saying loved every second of it.

I don't agree. Even fans of her since 1985 started to hate her for Sex and Erotica. I don't know in other countries, but in Spain the radios stations barely played any single of Erotica. For me, 1993 was the first year in "a world without Madonna everywhere".  ROL in 1998 was the second coming, but it was never like the 80s.

Guest DeeperDeeper
8 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Yes... But when the sex book was premiered....

I said in the first part of the year. After 21 October 1992, that's when it changed.