What's the most ICONIC Madonna YEAR?

GhostOrchid

What's the most ICONIC Madonna YEAR?  

80 members voted

1. 1. What's the most ICONIC Madonna YEAR?

Guest DeeperDeeper
On 11/23/2020 at 4:55 AM, Nahual said:

1990 was like slayage after slayage. I wish I'd been alive to witness it firsthand. 

It was amazing. One thing rolled after another and you didn't know what to expect. 

The whole year was like Madonna Christmas. 

Then 1991 came and Truth or Dare was released and then SEX and Erotica were released in 1992 it was explosive. 

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

It was amazing. One thing rolled after another and you didn't know what to expect. 

The whole year was like Madonna Christmas. 

The 1991 came and Truth or Dare was released and then SEX and Erotica were released in 1992 it was explosive. 

It was an amazing period to be a fan. She was EVERYWHERE

• 1 month later...

I voted for 1990 because it even impressed me how huge she was that year. It seems like the mid eighties are being misrepresented in this poll though. The mid eighties were iconic. Maybe because of the lull music wise between the "Who's That Girl" Soundtrack and Like A Prayer? Then there was all that marriage mess in the press. 

It's funny to think about it now but I remember a VJ or Kurt Loder?..introducing Madonna's new video Like A Prayer and asking "where has this girl been? Don't remember exactly how he said it.

I was kinda fed up with all the press or maybe I was mad at her for not devoting all her time to music that I didn't want to be receptive to what she had coming out. Of course I became receptive in no time. 

She was a mega star through the eighties but 1990 was when she was elevated to a throne among stars. 1990 was the point of no return year as a legend. Through hits and misses after that she has essentially been riding that wave of legend security that has never been questioned until the last decade. 

Madonna in the 90's could easily make artistic choices without worrying about her legend status and Ray of Light I think came out of that secure confidence in her career and was the icing on the cake. This secure confidence made her a darling to the media and to the public. 

She has had iconic moments since then. 

Anyway, 1990 was dazzling. 

it's difficult but she's had the extremely rare -for a pop artist- position of being on top of the World 3 very distinctive years/eras:

1985/1986

1990/1991

2005/2006

well since this is about being the most Iconic I'd say 1990 lol

but yeah as I said before , all eras are Iconic too haha

1 minute ago, Ian said:

it's difficult but she's had the extremely rare -for a pop artist- position of being on top of the World 3 very distinctive years/eras:

1985/1986

1990/1991

2005/2006

well since this is about being the most Iconic I'd say 1990 lol

but yeah as I said before , all eras are Iconic too haha

for the 80's you can include 1987

The 1998-1999 was her best period of her. Because with Ray of Light after the blacklash of Erotica and the moderate success of Bedtime Stories, she returned with a masterpiece: Ray of Light. The 1998 was a period of the critics finally plaised a album of Madonna, and Ray of light was her most critical acclaimed album of her career. And also, this album add a second born of her career and was massivly successful worldwide. A iconic period who Madonna was finally accepted by the critics. The singles was also popular and the title track and Frozen was a wave worldwide.