Kylie shares desire to collaborate with more women, including Madonna

Voguerista

Come on, Kylie and Madonna.  It's time to make this happen!

Kylie shares desire to collaborate with more women, including Madonna

"There's been talk about Madonna and I doing a duet for, it feels like, 20 years"

Kylie Minogue says it would be “amazing” to collaborate with Madonna.

The singer, who released her new album ‘Disco’ this month, also stated her desire to work alongside more women.

“I’ve done quite a lot of collaborations over the years—I absolutely love doing them because you get to dip your toe into different water and colour your performance by the other artist,” Kylie told ELLE in a new interview. “There’s an unspoken understanding and camaraderie.

She added: “Certainly, I’d love to collaborate with more women, because I haven’t done much of that.” She went on to cite Dua Lipa, Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus as potential collaborators in the future, as well.

“I admire so many of these women. There’s been talk about Madonna and I doing a duet for, it feels like, 20 years. If that were to happen, that would be amazing. I was dressing up in my bedroom to Madonna, to Whitney Houston, to Cyndi Lauper, and then Fleetwood Mac, ABBA, and Donna Summer. Diana Ross was going to go on tour this year and she had to cancel that. There’s so many people I would jump at the opportunity to work with.”

‘Disco’ entered the UK album charts at number one upon its release, making Kylie the first female artist to top the UK albums chart in five consecutive decades.

Reviewing the album, NME called ‘Disco’ “her most consistent and enjoyable album in a decade,” adding: “This album succeeds because it feels like Kylie doing disco in her own cute way: measured, affectionate and sincere, not an exercise in tongue-in-cheek pastiche.”

A collaboration may have worked quite nicely abut 15 years ago when Madonna still enjoyed some success in the charts, but I think its a little 'too-little-too-late' now and would likely be little-noticed. Look at the Dua Lipa collab.... that one tanked terribly.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

It would have been better had they done a big Stuart Price song in 2006/2007 but I’d still be over the moon if they did something together now.

4 hours ago, PWCCA said:

A collaboration may have worked quite nicely abut 15 years ago when Madonna still enjoyed some success in the charts, but I think its a little 'too-little-too-late' now and would likely be little-noticed. Look at the Dua Lipa collab.... that one tanked terribly.

I don’t think the Dua Lipa thing is a good example because it wasn’t a true collaboration that Madonna had a role in writing. It was a remix of a previously released song on which Madonna just did a few vocals, and it was hard to tell it wasn’t even her unless you listened very closely. 

Look I love Kylie, but she's like a broken record with these collaboration wishes. Like, I can't even count how many times she's said that she'd like to collaborate with Madonna or Gaga or whoever, but then nothing happens. At first I thought that maybe she just kept getting rejected by other pop divas or that there were scheduling conflicts, but now I think that it's probably a case of Kylie being more enthralled about the idea of collaborating, but that she doesn't actually want to take the time to come up with material with other female pop stars for whatever reason.

Guest DeeperDeeper

There are a few big differences between Madonna and Kylie. 

Madonna had to take a lot of risks and work hard to get where she's got - independently. 

Kylie had her parents and family support and safety net right through her career. 

You can see this massive difference in the attitudes and work ethic between these two women. 

4 hours ago, Nahual said:

Look I love Kylie, but she's like a broken record with these collaboration wishes. Like, I can't even count how many times she's said that she'd like to collaborate with Madonna or Gaga or whoever, but then nothing happens. At first I thought that maybe she just kept getting rejected by other pop divas or that there were scheduling conflicts, but now I think that it's probably a case of Kylie being more enthralled about the idea of collaborating, but that she doesn't actually want to take the time to come up with material with other female pop stars for whatever reason.

Not true. Kylie is such a collaborator. She’s done so many throughout her career.

Jason Donovan, Keith Washington, Dannii, Nick Cave, The Pet Shop Boys, Robbie Williams, Coldplay, Manic Street Preachers, mum, Nervo Twins, Giorgio Noroder, Enrique Inglesias, Mum, Tove Lo, Sam Sparrow, Tai Cruz, Mimms, Towie Tei, Hurt, Verbal, Rufus Wainright, Bono, Rick Astley, Scissor Sisters, Calvin Harris that chiggy wiggy song, 

She is great at getting out of her comfort zone. Madonna tends to only use collabs to balance her declining commercial clout and they tend to feel cynical rather than genuinely collaborative.

Guest DeeperDeeper
51 minutes ago, steady75 said:

She is great at getting out of her comfort zone. Madonna tends to only use collabs to balance her declining commercial clout and they tend to feel cynical rather than genuinely collaborative.

No, she's done it mainly to flog records since the 00s

In the 90s her collaborations especially with Nick Cave and Tower Tei were her getting out of her comfort zone. But from the 00s onwards it's been a commercial direction to broaden appeal. 

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

No, she's done it mainly to flog records since the 00s

In the 90s her collaborations especially with Nick Cave and Tower Tei were her getting out of her comfort zone. But from the 00s onwards it's been a commercial direction to broaden appeal. 

Oh yes...Those big artists like Mum and Jack Savoretti and the Nervo twins. Even Tove Lo, Argent De Zona and Hurts aren’t exactly big draws. 
We’re hardly talking Kylie and Ed Sheeran, Stormzy, any of the One Direction lads. 

There’s some merit in your point but not enough to compare it to Madonnas who’s collaboration for the first 20 years of her career were only the artists who were at their commercial peak at the time.

Lenny Kravitz, Prince, Tupac, Michael Jackson ( never materialised), Britney, Ricky Martin, Justin, Nicki Minaj, Miley. Taylor and Dua, Quavo, Maluma.

Kylies seem to be more of an escape for her. Out of her pure pop lane, for texture. Madonnas collaborations seem to have to enter Madonnas world. Kylie goes on an adventure out of hers a lot of the time. 

Guest DeeperDeeper
25 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Oh yes...Those big artists like Mum and Jack Savoretti and the Nervo twins. Even Tove Lo, Argent De Zona and Hurts aren’t exactly big draws. 
We’re hardly talking Kylie and Ed Sheeran, Stormzy, any of the One Direction lads. 

There’s some merit in your point but not enough to compare it to Madonnas who’s collaboration for the first 20 years of her career were only the artists who were at their commercial peak at the time.

Lenny Kravitz, Prince, Tupac, Michael Jackson ( never materialised), Britney, Ricky Martin, Justin, Nicki Minaj, Miley. Taylor and Dua, Quavo, Maluma.

Kylies seem to more more of an escape for her. Out of her pure pop lane, for texture. Madonnas collaborations seem to have to enter Madonnas world. Kylie goes on an adventure out of hers a lot of the time. 

Nah. It's clear she's teaming with young acts for mutual exposure benefit - same as Madonna. After 'Impossible Princess' Kylie has played it very safe and ensured she's keeping her market happy. 

But Madonna's collaboration with Lenny Kravitz and Prince had serious artistic merit. Same when Kylie teamed up with Nick Cave back in the 90s. 

Kylie Minogue recorded three songs with Prince.
She recorded one.
She met him, he wrote some music but she never sung anything.....
Take your pick of which one is true ?
There's another Nick Cave tune, a sorta half done demo.
She should head down that musical road more often.
Cerrone & Moroder are still about.
If your gonna call your record Disco.....need I explain any more ??

Guest DeeperDeeper
13 minutes ago, professormouse said:

Kylie Minogue recorded three songs with Prince.
She recorded one.
She met him, he wrote some music but she never sung anything.....
Take your pick of which one is true ?
There's another Nick Cave tune, a sorta half done demo.
She should head down that musical road more often.
Cerrone & Moroder are still about.
If your gonna call your record Disco.....need I explain any more ??

I thought the same thing when she released Disco - why didn't she record with the masters of the genre? 

Also a lot of fans, especially here in Australia want her to release another Impossible Princess style album again. 

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

I thought the same thing when she released Disco - why didn't she record with the masters of the genre? 

Also a lot of fans, especially here in Australia want her to release another Impossible Princess style album again. 

they must be similarly annoying determined as to those who want COADF2 over at MadoonaFandom

Guest DeeperDeeper
2 minutes ago, Ian said:

they must be similarly annoying determined as to those who want COADF2 over at MadoonaFandom

Seriously, anyone who thinks she could do an Impossible Princess album again is deluded. That's a 90s album and an underrated one at that.