'Susan' Movie Poster Thought Too "Lesbian"

into the erotico

Here is the story;

https://www.advocate.com/news/daily-news/2011/02/22/madonna-movie-poster-thought-too-lesbian

what if 'Susan' has a gay ending that is, if Roberta finally fall in love with Susan which already admires and to some extent covers her and her lifestyle?''

in my opinion, it would be super hot and very different! :pop:

any thoughts?

13 hours ago, NowRadiate said:

Your idea screams remake. All for it. Cheers.

but would it be the cinematography like the first one? i don't think so..

https://lwlies.com/articles/desperately-seeking-susan-madonna-pyramid-jacket/

..'

Seidelman has spoken about the influence of Jaques Rivette’s Celine and Julie Go Boating on Desperately Seeking Susan, which she also noticed in Leora Barish’s screenplay. The pair pay homage to Rivette throughout the film, most notably with the identity switch, the Magic Club and in the sequence where Roberta initially follows Susan in the same quasi farcical way that Julie (Dominique Labourier) trails Celine (Juliet Berto).

In the original ending (which can be found on certain DVD versions of the film), Roberta and Susan are seen riding a pair of camels across a barren desert, which only really makes sense with Celine and Julie in mind. Out of context this final shot makes little sense, yet in light of Rivette’s influence it is somewhat justified when you consider the significance of the pyramid embroidered on Susan’s jacket – crucially worn in the scene not by Susan but Roberta. The pyramid is Desperately Seeking Susan’s figurative White Rabbit and with Susan now following, it appears the pair have switched roles and are delving deeper into their own rabbit-hole..'

two fav movies of mine

I would have enjoyed that. Rosanna Arquette went on to portray a pretty convincing lesbian on the L Word by the way.

19 hours ago, madenis said:

"“A lot of people worked on Desperately Seeking Susan,” she said, as she walked past him."

She killed me ahah. She's such a bitch sometimes

mad sleeping beauty GIF

Indeed. :lord: