Hung Up in HD on Madonna's channel!!

proxy

9 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I hate this video ? why couldn’t they upload bad girl or oh father instead ?

I dont care if I get a warning or whatever but I think I speak for everyone when I say: Could you just for once shut the fuck up!

Literally entering every thread complaining CONSTANTLY. When will it ever end :OML:

I'm starting to suspect that this History 1983-2020 is going to be a "Madonna-approved" greatest hits album with remastered music videos and they're releasing these videos to stream on youtube one by one to start the hype. I hope it's the case because her Videography deserves this kind of love.

Edited by hzmajesty (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, hzmajesty said:

I'm starting to suspect that this History 1983-2020 is going to be a "Madonna-approved" greatest hits album with remastered music videos and they're releasing these videos to stream on youtube one by one to start the hype. I hope it's the case because her Videography deserves this kind of love.

If only! ?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, hzmajesty said:

I really hope this is the case!

3 hours ago, artlover said:

Does anyone know if Madonna owns the masters of her videos? For me this is like the first video of hers that get the treatment it deserves. This one isn't 100% either, you can tell it's a good upscale and not a proper re-master, but it's as good as it gets especially in comparison to the other ones 

It's all BoyToy Inc copyrighted, which Madonna owns (not Warner).

2 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

I've always thought in that song "I'm hung up" meant "I'm worried"... Which would match the rest of the lyrics for me... Can someone enlight me? 

To be "hung up on someone" means to be done with them. They're through. 

It seems I've been misinterpreting this song. It aledgedly means to be obsessedly in love with someone.

Edited by artlover
After looking up at a dictionary... (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

I've always thought in that song "I'm hung up" meant "I'm worried"... Which would match the rest of the lyrics for me... Can someone enlight me? 

It's a double meaning.

Every little thing that you say or do, i'm hung up, i'm hung up on you = i can't get enough of you

Waiting for your call baby night and day, i'm fed up, i'm tired of waiting on you = i'm sick and irritated by you

The title itself also plays with references to telephones. So while she is "hung up" aka obsessed with this guy, she also "hung up" the telephone on him aka ended the call.

2 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It's a double meaning.

Every little thing that you say or do, i'm hung up, i'm hung up on you = i can't get enough of you

Waiting for your call baby night and day, i'm fed up, i'm tired of waiting on you = i'm sick and irritated by you

The title itself also plays with references to telephones. So while she is "hung up" aka obsessed with this guy, she also "hung up" the telephone aka ended the call.

You've definitely cleaned up my mind! Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, artlover said:

It might be because of the music? Her imagery? 

I guess one will never know for sure.

Madonna owns her publishing, but she doesn't own her album masters.

Warner owns the masters. The original album pressings Warner owns and can do whatever they want, they just can't re-release anything with any extra or bonus tracks without Madonna's approval.

If someone wanted to use a Madonna song in a commercial, televisions show, or Madonna, they'd have to ask Madonna for permission as she's the one who owns the publishing to her songs.

6 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Madonna owns her publishing, but she doesn't own her album masters.

Warner owns the masters. The original album pressings Warner owns and can do whatever they want, they just can't re-release anything with any extra or bonus tracks without Madonna's approval.

If someone wanted to use a Madonna song in a commercial, televisions show, or Madonna, they'd have to ask Madonna for permission as she's the one who owns the publishing to her songs.

What about the videos' masters? Does she own?

• Fighter unfeatured this topic